It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:07 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:46 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I wasn't trying to say only people in CKD in 2004 are Old School, I was just saying that if you're going to use people who 75 at X time... October is awful late ( since thats when CoP was released iirc), *and* everyone in CKD from that timeframe is a good example of Oldskool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:55 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well I was in CKD not long after CoP, but I was 75 for a few months before I joined.

edit: I looked back using search and CoP came out September 22nd. I only did one promyvion without being in CKD.

http://yarrthepirate.com/v-web/bulletin ... highlight=

was when me and aldy got fenrir lol.. that was October 29th it says
I know I was 75 for that fight and I was in Hokuten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:29 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yea, I would say that hitting 75 in October 2004 doesn't disqualify you from being oldskool, but doesn't qualify you either. IIRC, there were a lot of PS2 people that were hitting 75 in Oct 04, and they missed a key ingredient of the oldskool characterization, i.e. the running around with absolutely no one higher level to help them out.

Favorite oldskool memories of mine.

Setting up linkshell events to farm coffer keys and testimonies for people because you actually needed a full party or mini alliance.
Taking the airship a million times a week to buy khazam peppers at the npc and resell them in Jeuno.
Stopping exp because you couldn't make money fast enough to buy equipment or scrolls.
Having everyone go "OMG you have Phalanx?!?!" as a 30something RDM.
Dying to exoray trains in Crawler's Nest.
Spending levels 34-52 in Crawler's Nest.
Getting eaten by Guiver because you didn't realize that he wasn't true sight.
Begging people to come raise you while Guiver was up because a homepoint meant that your last exp session was hardly worth it.
Thinking 3k/exp per hour is good.

FateSealers
http://www.honeyed-words.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:03 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

LOL about guivre how does he agro? i was fine near him when he was moving with invis on, but once he stopped and turned in circles scanning he aggro'd me ; ;

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:49 pm 
DL Hughley

Chanalix wrote:

I never met anyone who actually liked crawlers' nest besides myself. I loved every single bit of that zone from the nutsack room at the start to the horrible death scoropion rooms in the deep dark basements. You could buy your food and next gear set and log in/out there and get all the exp you need for a very very long time.

Chanalix wrote:
Stopping exp because you couldn't make money fast enough to buy equipment or scrolls.

It took me forever to level blm for this reason. I actually quit for a few weeks at one point and started leveling dragoon, then stopped leveling that to make money for sniper rings and ended up hitting a jackpot (sold something like 35 noct doublet+1 in a single week) and went back to blm.

I never did get those sniper rings :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:07 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah I remember xping with Necrosis, Aalan, Sweka, Bazzman, and Nikari on those scorps in CN... we would pull those to chain on with the Exorays lol. Those were the days. I remember Emerlin helped us do rank 4 and Necrosis was so impressed that he could do vorpal blade. When Necrosis and Nikari quit (around level 60), Bazzman disappeared and I didn't level for almost 2 months. Our perma dissolved and I started xping with Sirfalas more (with his THF and later his NIN). Sirf and I dinged 75 in the same xp party. I think Cynx and Hathfuri dinged a couple days before that with us in KRT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:38 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

DeadLegend wrote:
Chanalix wrote:

I never met anyone who actually liked crawlers' nest besides myself. I loved every single bit of that zone from the nutsack room at the start to the horrible death scoropion rooms in the deep dark basements. You could buy your food and next gear set and log in/out there and get all the exp you need for a very very long time.

I liked Crawler's Nest. It was one of the places where I never got a map because I was so familiar with it that I never needed one. Fun times trying to meander the hallways and rooms when you forgot your sneak oils. So much damn competition for exp there, but that was part of the fun also. Remember that little beetle room where like 3 parties would fight over 4-5 spawns? And exping in the secret room was classic also. But watch out for those exorays!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:46 pm 
DL Hughley

Thunderstomp wrote:
DeadLegend wrote:
Chanalix wrote:

I liked Crawler's Nest. It was one of the places where I never got a map because I was so familiar with it that I never needed one. Fun times trying to meander the hallways and rooms when you forgot your sneak oils. So much damn competition for exp there, but that was part of the fun also. Remember that little beetle room where like 3 parties would fight over 4-5 spawns? And exping in the secret room was classic also. But watch out for those exorays!

lol
Leader: k meet at the secret room.
5 minutes later.
Member: there are 5 parties here.
Leader: yeah exp is gonna rock.

The last time I saw the beetle room I was helping someone get a coffer key and an alliance of gilsellers was exping on the beetles.

I think I partied my drg with thunderstomp in yhoator jungle. Drg was so fun. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:41 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

yeah, yhutunga and yhoator were a lot of fun to exp in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yhoator Jungle had the best goblin CFH trains ever... fucking 5 parties beating down a IT CFH goblin lol. Who could forget the people who hit lizards with aoe or mistargets and got links galore. The breath on those lizards would fuck your tank up. That shit is really easy nowadays, especially since so many people seem to have a 75 PL account they are two boxing lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:37 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I played for almost forever and still never hit 75. I think I was 74 though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:38 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

if not october, then maybe like august?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:09 pm 
DL Hughley

Eternus wrote:
Yhoator Jungle had the best goblin CFH trains ever... fucking 5 parties beating down a IT CFH goblin lol. Who could forget the people who hit lizards with aoe or mistargets and got links galore. The breath on those lizards would fuck your tank up. That shit is really easy nowadays, especially since so many people seem to have a 75 PL account they are two boxing lol.

The first time I played in Yhoator we had this ridiculous level 30 dynamis goblin train rumble haha. 4 parties sitting outside the zone, 3 goblins on the other side, and one lunatic dark knight (kenetics) who decided we should go in and have at it. Fucking epic, I love it lol. The last time I ever partied there was on rdm and I got to chainspell nuke down this goblin, it was hot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:28 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

The best trains imo were at the shitadel. I remember one day zoning in and seeing some doom toads, a couple weapons, a shit ton of skeles, beetles, and god knows how many bats (siege and citadel) wrecking anything that moved. People kept bringing shit, it was unreal. There were bodies all over the place. Finally, someone called a GM and they came and took care of it.

I just thought it was funny to see someone bring that higher level shit from downstairs up and destroy the everyone upstairs.

Headbutts - Nature's roofie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:45 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

LOL the noobs now have it to easy, they have nothing to fear while EXPing, and its not fair!

WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:13 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Whisp wrote:
if not october, then maybe like august?

THe first batch of NAs to hit 75 did so around that time I think. People like Ilma, Kayne, Hcc, and Dragonb. Vurin sold his soul to the Japanese and hit before everyone iirc lol.

I took a while to hit 75 also. I created CKD when I was 69 or 70 and once CKD got in the swing of things I really never had time to level up. In the early days CKD had events almost every night.

lol when we first started doing HNMs we did the Jueno HNMs with almost no compitition. We had the Roc timer to ourselves for almost two weeks. We got healing staffs for every single WHM who wanted one and an extra or two for any future WHM.

HNM Camping when CKD started was a breeze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:20 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I wasn't the first NA 75 by a long shot. I was the first t finish the lvl 50 limit, and I was definitely among the first to like 63-65 or so, but I took 2 weeks off around lvl 63 so Kayne and his group of NA hit 75 before me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:24 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

i was the first na to solo bubbly bernie \m/ take that bitches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:00 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

yea i remember watching vurin go from 63-75 while i went from 67-67. lol. yea so i quit for 6 weeks after that depressing shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:40 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Location: {Hand} {Down} {Trousers} {Jerkin} {I'm Playing Solo Right Now}
Jimbean wrote:
i was the first na to solo bubbly bernie \m/ take that bitches

Fucking crabs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:41 am 
Spammer, to the max!

lol, I don't know how I remember all this but remember Talula and how she would speak all taru and shit, crack'd me up, that game was so much fun when it was all new and fresh and no one knew what they were doing lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm 
DL Hughley

Talula was the best. lol
She left the server at one point, decided the new server sucked and restarted on ifrit as an elvaan chick named Talula.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:11 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

yea she went to hades if i remember right, and doodee went with her, but i didnt know she came back to ifrit.

WoW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:51 pm 
DL Hughley

Pretty sure she quit soon after returning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:11 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

old school if you cant actually remember the update SE made for Pentathrust alone saying it gave DRG to much power

uh

watching bloodtear get pwned by a lvl 74pld/37war and getting a crowd of like 70ppl to watch

uh

old school if you remember farming tree cuttings w/o RMT and getting couple hundred k's per stack b4 the update,

old school if you kno who Peejo and Imanimd were :P

old school if you remember ketrebu having 1 job below lvl 60

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI