It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Comon now, why do you really play this game?
LOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 54%  54%  [ 15 ]
(other) 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Comon, why do you REALLY play FFXI?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:25 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

poll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:38 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

lol loot. Seriously, gotta catch them all.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:15 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

To bullshit and talk shit in LS chat about ls members. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:24 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I'll take loot for 500.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:56 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Poontang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:07 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Storyline from missions and to get titles from HNMs. BRD really doesn't need much loot to be effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:27 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

no job needs much gear to be effective, but man is it cool to ahve e-peen+1, come on Eturn you mean tot ell me you never had/wanted: kirin's osode, opo opo crown, Sheik gear, af2, gjallahorn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have Kirin's Osode, 4/5 AF2 for BRD, but I have no HQ BRD JSE. I don't have a nq manteel. I would rather have the title Vrtra Vanquisher than have a Manteel. Gjallahorn.. I would rather quit the game than go after that. Relic upgrades are total bullshit and not worth the effort imo. If the mobs that dropped the fragments and attestations gave titles, then I would care more lol. I just want to be a part of the battle when the monster dies, I don't care that much about loot anymore. I would lot on rotting shit maybe like A. Body or something like that if no RDM was lotting. I really don't care either way, not like I play FFXI much anymore lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:49 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Actually whisp has a really good point with this thread, I mean if ppl really played for friendship, I don't think we'd be seeing throngs of ppl frothing at the mouth to get into some "bigtime" ls like atariii or fatesealers, yet we see it everyday don't we? Even when those "bigger" linkshells openly admit to botting and stealing... And what's even funnier is how many of those same ppl get in, get the items they want, and then quit the game. Like some giant conveyer belt of greed and disposal.

Though, I do imagine there's a few "good guys" who want to do things legitimiately, with friends, so their accomplishments actually mean something, and they won't quit because they'll be enjoying the gear they obtained, helping their friends get what they want/need too. I'd imagine this group is the serious minority on the servers though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:22 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Jimbean wrote:
Actually whisp has a really good point with this thread, I mean if ppl really played for friendship, I don't think we'd be seeing throngs of ppl frothing at the mouth to get into some "bigtime" ls like atariii or fatesealers, yet we see it everyday don't we? Even when those "bigger" linkshells openly admit to botting and stealing... And what's even funnier is how many of those same ppl get in, get the items they want, and then quit the game. Like some giant conveyer belt of greed and disposal.

Though, I do imagine there's a few "good guys" who want to do things legitimiately, with friends, so their accomplishments actually mean something, and they won't quit because they'll be enjoying the gear they obtained, helping their friends get what they want/need too. I'd imagine this group is the serious minority on the servers though.

Many of those people quit already Jim :p

I just wanted to pwn everything gamewise and storyline wise, but after CoP was such a total disgusting letdown I decided not to stick around for TOAU. I don't think I'm missing too much but I do miss the people, however I'd say 80% of FFXI is level grinding or traveling to level grind and it just totally turned me off. I mean after completing numerous quests, doing sky over 100 times, beating all 3 nations, ZM, and COP there really wasn't enough there to hold me to the game. Wow was kind of the same way, I see people level to 60 then reroll and I'm just not that kind of person. I played for the story, the people came later, and here I am still talking to you guys on these forums haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:38 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Jimbean wrote:

i could count on my fingers the number of players who played for something other than loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:44 pm 
DL Hughley

It's fun to tank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:28 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Eternus wrote:
Storyline from missions and to get titles from HNMs. BRD really doesn't need much loot to be effective.

IMO a title should be considered loot, its a reward you get from the monster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:11 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Yarr wins, everything = loot. If you like it, it's loot to you. Yarr's wisdom is loot to all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Whisp wrote:
Yarr wins, everything = loot. If you like it, it's loot to you. Yarr's wisdom is loot to all of us.

Whisp is my loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:14 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yarr wrote:
Whisp wrote:

Whisp is my loot.

How gay is that? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:40 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ponuh wrote:
Yarr wrote:
Whisp wrote:

Whisp is my loot.

How gay is that? lol

It only shows how quick you are to think somethings gay, that in it self says something about you of course.

I can think an HNM Title is loot and no one assumes I want to shove my penis in the words "Fafnir Slayer", but if I say Whisp is loot all the sudden I want to make out with whisp.

I mean truth be told I want to bear Whisps children, but still, my post above did not indicate my man love for whisp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:43 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Quote:

It only shows how quick you are to think somethings gay, that in it self says something about you of course.

What if I am gay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:02 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Youre not gay. If you need to be reminded just think abot how annoyed you get with Severus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:27 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

dont forget you play ffxi for the hot babes. the ladies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:17 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Watching television with kayne on lschat, being Taragotan's Kyon-kun to his Haruhi, and fighting crap like wyrms and Sea stuff kept me playing for months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:54 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

In all honesty it was CKD who kept me playing for so long. Once my play time was cut down it was actually CKD who made me hate the game. I no longer felt like I was the leader of a Wicked Ass Mega Cool Leet Linkshell. I felt like I was the god dame Baby sitter at the ABC Playschool Daycare Centre.

Logging in and being bombarded with "he said she said" fights was no longer something I enjoyed doing when I had so many things to deal with outside of the game.

The best time I ever had in game was leveling with my perma group and forming CKD for the first few months. As soon as CKD finished all three kings the game fell apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:56 am 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

remember that time we were friends and me you and some other guy explored CoP together LOL that was like the best FFXI memory ever, everything just went downhill for you when i quit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:16 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Dunno you can't sell titles to other people, but you can sell loot and actually use it and wear it in town. Titles don't increase the performance of any of my jobs. Well while loot like weapons and armor and other accumulated things does those things. Titles are more a personal thing to me, I really don't care which one I have on my character all the time, just its a memory thing to me. I don't go back and grab a favorite title anymore and sometimes you will see me with the discerning individual title or some other random quest title.

I kill plenty of mobs and will help on missions or whatever that don't give titles. I also want to get a few more merits and level some more subjobs to maybe pick another main sometime down the road. What keeps me playing is friends for the most part as the loot really doesn't matter anymore for BRD, I have what I want to be honest. Titles are just experiences in killing a monster. The ToAU mission with the Khimera is cool as hell btw, a certain NPC from Windurst fights with you. I kinda want to raise the stats on my chocobo too to be honest. Preoccupied with FFXII right now, then probably FF3 for DS, then FFVI for GBA. Damn too many games on the horizon.

Yeah for the most part in FFXI I just want to kill mobs with my LS mostly, I want to kill Jailer of Prudence and Love then maybe die to AV or hopefully kill that shit. Bahamut version 2 would be cool to beat and same with Vrtra, the new besieged beastmen NMs, and whatever else they add. I don't care about drops off of any of it. My BRD is pretty much done, and I don't know if I am going to get another job leveled to 75 to care about loot for that job in the near future or at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:47 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

i play cuz i gotta make a living irl.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI