It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: If you could...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:12 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

relive any battle, what would it be?

I'd say the time I was with CKD and Fafnir popped, but only like 4 people were there from CKD, 4 people from KFC, 4 people from IW. So we all just stared at him while calling for backup. Soon, we had reports that JP's were arriving at Boyahda, so Mikekirby and I did what any normal white mage would do. We Elemental Seal + Sleep tanked it for the first minute, just barely enough time for CKD to show up. And fortunately we won. Anyone who said Whm/Blm is a bad subjob was wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:24 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

lol, I was lvl 45, walking through CN on my way to RUmble Crawlers for XP. Galindar(45 DRK) and Lokk(45DRG) were with me. One of them agroes a Blazer Beetle and panic set in. It was IT to us all, and our mages were still in Rolanberry. Well, there really wasn't much of a choice, we had to fight. So we go about killing this thing, with the DRK accuracy and the DRG...well DRGishness, and my uber leet PLD self just whacking away at it. I ended up having to 2hr and used all my MP to cure myself(like a Cure III I think haha) and walked away from the fight with 1 HP.

The best part about it was that I had just spent a little bit of gil on a new shield that gave 5HP, and some guy in my LS was giving me shit for wasting my money on it. That 5 HP saved my ass haha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:48 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

The fight I beat Ultima with Mrukk. Hands down, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:51 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

wow mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:34 am 
DL Hughley

Longwinded and dorky.

I had a pt at cn on my 49pld with Metal's warrior in which we encountered the Nidhogg Crawler. Xiona was brd and skibear rdm, we also had a monk and a whm. We were fighting a regular vt rumble crawler when xiona comes back with an aggro pulled knight crawler, which we could usually handle ok except in this instance we were not prepared <.<

We had to sleep this crawler halfway through the fight and rest, meanwhile the monk in his monkishness starts boosting for his "OMG999GETMEIN"

The God crawler awakens and we continue fighting this monstrosity, get it down to 10% and realize we've run out of mp again, it resists lullaby 3 times. We fight it down to 2% where it seems to cling to life for an eternity, finally killing my poor ass in the process, one of few non-intentional deaths from 1-75 lol. Three seconds later the monk finishes it off. I was 50 tnl before I died and pt ended :(

That pt started off with a jp warrior aggroing half the zone and getting me, metal, and skibear killed while xiona ran off to log out of hate. lol

but that battle sucked I wouldn't want to relive it.

March 10th Nidhogg. 2 whm, 2 rdm, 1 pld/war, 3 blm, 1 brd, 1 drg, 1 thf, 1 mnk, 1 war, 1 smn. The whms kept d/cing, smn kept dying/deleveling, drg kept missing his ws, and thf couldn't get tp fast enough, which didn't matter much because we only had 3 blm for the sc and Nidhogg was pissed. Solo pld/war tank wearing the mighty Gallant Surcoat, equipped for survival which meant he had a shorter enmity stack. Zel had to use 9 pescatoras in the fight because of horrid roar. The summoner perma-deleveled to 74. I logged off hate and returned to be eaten on the next mb, 2shotted while nid was in his unnamed sp mode, each blm took at least 2 deaths. So I reraise and go off to rest in a corner while zelphes decides that this fight isn't hard enough, and pulls 3 darters. So Skibear says it's over like a pansy while my raise weakened ass stacks sleepga2 on the lullabied darters. The melees peel off nid and 2hour the flies with soul voice. My weakness wears off and gotenks logs in, having run out of that day's class to join the fight. An extra summoner logs in, followed by an rdm. We swap out the monk for the rdm, add the new smn to the blm pt along with gotenks on blm, and finally at 30% a paladin logs in at the aery and we take the rumble to nidhogg, fighting it down to 20% where we end up needing to sleep it.

Our deleveled summoner reminds us we now have 5 minutes til Nidhogg goes into zerk mode.

So we have an angry king dragon, we have a finalized and sturdy alliance, we have enough tp for one light skillchain, and we have under 5 minutes to make something happen. So we decide not to let nid awaken of his own accord. We are going to zerg it down as best we can with 2 weak blms, 2 strong blms, and 1 skillchain....but first Aemon is going to use Steel Cyclone just for the epic sound effect to kick this off. Then our skillchain, our mbs, and onto the zerg.

The sound of multiple manafonts firing up is enough to make my heart sing.

Plds were to take turns on invincible but something went wrong which I can't remember and we somehow ended up with only 1 invincible. The first guy died after his wore, and zelphes ended up dead, then reraised to hit his but died instantly again, leaving black mages to tank it, which works really well I hear. Drg down, thf down, smn down, blm x2 down, rdm down, whm x2 down, brd down, pld x2 down. My manafont wears off as I'm casting a thunder4 so the cast stops, BUT refresh is on me and gets my mp up to T4 in 6 seconds. So I cast this thinking it's gonna be killshot and WHADDAYAKNOW I get resisted and strike only 162 damage. At this point I drop my controller because it's done. Other blm is dead, I'm alive because my nukes are weak lol, but I only have 2 mp.

Then that faggot dragon gets killed by a chainspelling rdm's fire2. 36 damage kill shot.

I was hooting and hollering so loud I threw out muscles in my chest. Thinking of that fight makes me want to throw up but hohoholy shit it was exciting

84 exp.
2 M body.

I got my cuirass absolved before zelphes because he was busy eating 2 whole pizzas after the fight. lol norwegian pizza.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:55 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

the first time i beat Mammet's on my old character, damn that was a fun day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:19 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

fire2 ftw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:46 am 
DL Hughley

Fire2>better nate than lever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:37 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Maybe one of the god fights, forget which it was, where I blm kited round the island for about 5 minutes.

But probably the most insane fight was when me and Tavalin became almost like CoP 6-4 mercenaries, we did that fight about 10 times for different people and had it down to an exact science. Plus I kept whoring him out for my linkshell to try and get him in, but we did the fight for some people who had lost 15+ times with no deaths and smashed the record. And getting our perma bard friend through as well. I loved doing that fight for people, just imagining their ecstaticness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:46 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

- One of the funnier moments was the Nidhogg @ 1% for Fate-Sealers and Arthars killed it creating bitterness everywhere, that thread lasted for days and it's just kinda funny looking back on it because of all the drama.

- One of the best fights I remember was Mammets, I went with Ulgokiem, Dankaru, and a few others and we kept getting our asses smashed in (because it was new to us) and we won with like literally 3 seconds before the timer kicked us out of the battlefield. It was probably my most memorable moment.

- Seeing Yakum for the 1st time join us in Sky and ninja tank Seiryu and actually perfectly tank it from start to finish (even through hundred fists) was pretty impressive (I mean seriously the dragon was all over him and he just did it, must've been some great whms there ^^).

- The MPK wars at Serket were often fun because it was great to see reps from all the linkshells against a buncha girr-serrers. I had fun seeing all the "shouts" there and just talking to folks.

- But if I could relive any of the fights over, the most fun fight in the game for me was always the Zilart Mission against Kam'lanaut. For a whm it was always a blast doing that split second heal after "light blade" and I think it was a great challenge to my job. I mean it was a standard party (no zerging, not too out of the way, not waiting 3 years for something to pop) there really wasn't much need for items or pots and the fight was purely skill based. I've done it now with four and it may even be duoed now, but back when I first did it it was a hell of a lotta fun. Teleport-Mea's CoP mob boss was also pretty challenging and fun to get to but sometimes it got frustrating with idiots in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:54 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

hmm i would say that cop mission after you beat ultima. The one with that sam? With that fire sword? I've forgotten names. But we couldn't find any help so me talisin and sev when to fight him on our own. Suffice to say he slaughtered us. But it really funny
And since we were on vc all we did was yell at eachother lol. Sev screamed run mikey run when tal and him went down and i didn't make it lol !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:58 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

DeadLegend wrote:
Fire2>better nate than lever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:04 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The one and only time I fought Fafnir with Monarchy, a little over a year ago. I claimed it with stun at about 11% when Valor wiped. Right as that happened both of our PLDs voked different darters at the same time, and we wiped horribly in a matter of seconds. It was awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:01 pm 
DL Hughley

Valour got darters and wipe, then you got darters and wipe and I think onimusha kited it for a few seconds on ninja, then star onion killed it. Epic. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:23 pm 

DeadLegend wrote:
I was hooting and hollering so loud I threw out muscles in my chest.

You have muscles in your chest? NOWAI!!!

But yeah, Nidhogg Crawler owns us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:04 pm 
DL Hughley

my muscles are made of pudding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:40 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

DeadLegend wrote:
Valour got darters and wipe, then you got darters and wipe and I think onimusha kited it for a few seconds on ninja, then star onion killed it. Epic. lol

Yeah lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:32 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

id wana relive the first time i hit the bunny with a stick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:16 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

I wouldnt mind reliving some of the big forum drama actually, that was as intense as nearly anything in game for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:28 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

probably the first time i went to kirin as sam/rng and everyone was like, sam/rng is pointless... needless to say, i died 4 times that day due to Sidewinder > barrage > meditate > sidewinder > sidewinder.

then, for shits and giggles i pulled off meikyo shiuisu committed suicide. ppl then knew the goodness that was sam/rng

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:49 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I havent really had my Epic fight yet, but since supa posted i guess someone should tell him the RMT camp Roc Simurgh and Serket almost uncontested now a days.

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:34 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Navyr wrote:
I havent really had my Epic fight yet, but since supa posted i guess someone should tell him the RMT camp Roc Simurgh and Serket almost uncontested now a days.

Yea kind of figured that would happen, it was slowly becoming that way before I quit lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:38 am 
Even Match
Even Match

i never really had an epic fight, but i remember one time it was me, a RDM, and a BRD trying to trio Charbydis..

the BRD died right off the bat.. so the RDM and i had to duo Charbydis from 87% health.. that was the funnest fight ive ever been in..

we killed him btw. was fun.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:45 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Oh I remember another one, though I wouldn't call it epic battle as much as I'd call it a semi-personal challenge:

I soloed the Rank 3 (I think it's rank 3) Sandy dragon as a red mage, was fun, but I did spend a ton on pots and other crap lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:21 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I hate posts on the last of the page. Moving my post to the next page, because I can.

Last edited by Yarr on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI