It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: New BST pet command!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:57 am 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

"Name!"

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... 0234298856

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:35 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

OK so you want to get that added? Youre title implies that there is a new command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:05 am 

The subject is obviously a joke, they would never add another BST pet command. BST is already overpowered.

I'm surprised you didn't say "If you want to name your pet and fight other players why dont you play WoW?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:08 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Wow sucks, no one should play wow. Its a waste of time. I was tricked by wow. They make it easy and fun to level. You level your character playing this game that feels nice and relaxed and laid back. Then you hit the end game and realize if you dont quit your job, dump your girlfriend and move into your parents basement you wont ever get the high end gear.

FF may have been very frustrating because it didnt have much to do at the end game, but atleast you could do most the stuff in an hour or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:30 am 
DL Hughley

A friend was telling me about wow once and talking about doing 40 member raids 6 nights a week or something. She says there's 4-6 hours raid, so I say "One thing takes 6 hours?" she goes "No, we do it like 10 times"

wtf is that shit? jesus h christ no king camp ever lasts longer than 3 hours (4 max with fight barring strange circumstances)on FFXI. The only single activity that can break that timer is camping ullikummi or some sea shit I don't know about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:41 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

For 4-6hrs in a raid your talking about killing a lot of things. 6hrs will get you to C'Thun, you can beat all of MC, BWL in less then 4hrs. In Naxxramas though there is a lot of time consumption due to the level of difficulty. No one makes you go all the time though. In FFXI most things took at least 1hr or more to set up, then a 3hr king camp (If you didnt get claim in last window) Also you had 3 kings who could have alternating windows, that's 9hrs. In 1 day. Sky was about 3hrs id say for a complete clear and Limbus took awhile when it first came out too, although it was nice and quick. Dynamis took quite some time as well. Every MMO has a time consumption at end game because that's the only way they are going to keep you. They cant keep you playing if after 1hr of work in a week you have 1/2 of the highest gear that you want. Now in the expansion for WoW you will have PvP gear on par with the top end raiding gear which makes it even easier to get what you want, but how you want it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:10 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yarr wrote:
Wow sucks, no one should play wow. Its a waste of time. I was tricked by wow. They make it easy and fun to level. You level your character playing this game that feels nice and relaxed and laid back. Then you hit the end game and realize if you dont quit your job, dump your girlfriend and move into your parents basement you wont ever get the high end gear.

FF may have been very frustrating because it didnt have much to do at the end game, but atleast you could do most the stuff in an hour or two.

That's why I quit WoW and went back to FFXI. FFXI had a lot more fun things to do end-game that didn't require a linkshell. Helping noobs in FFXI is a lot more rewarding than in WoW.

I didn't have the time, nor desire, to raid in WoW, so I couldn't join any of those guilds. And I couldn't PvP, since you get owned by people in good gear there. So that left me to basically level up new characters, or gank. After leveling up three characters to 60, and one to 51, I quit.

they just need to take qualities from both games and make a truly awesome game.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI