It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Causing derail and pissing people off is awesome. That is the only thing that keeps threads interesting sometimes. Shit wouldn't get to page 10 otherwise.

The only way SE is going to actually solve the RMT problem specifically is make sting operations to entrap RMT that sell gil to players. They would have to ban not only the accounts but the IP of the offending player. Of course the IP ban could be easily worked around with a proxy, and account bans don't work either as evidenced in the past. RMT just make new accounts of Tarutaru BLM armies and PL them to 75. Maybe after a while the RMT will get sick of releveling in FFXI and stop playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:06 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think that they'd always be able to find someone willing to play a video game for a living. Didn't that always sound appealing when you were younger?

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:25 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

RMT will always be a problem as long as game designers make MMOs that allow RMT to be a problem. RMT will always exist sadly, at least WoW has minimized the problem due to its design. The crafting system of FFXI would have to be changed drastically to make RMT lose effectiveness, along with a lot of other aspects of the game. Then you would lose some of the massively multiplayer appeal of the game when you instance too much shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:33 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I still think that both games had great parts and bad parts. I'd like to see a fusion of the two. Main problem with WoW was the playerbase that played it. I suppose you can't expect much from the battle.net crowd, but damn...

It's nice to be around FFXI players again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:31 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

How you can fit 7 million players into one "playerbase" crowd is beyond me. There are both good and bad players. Some of the B.Net crowd is in WoW, others are in Guild Wars, and others are still on B.Net. WoW has players of all kinds.

The 500,000 or so FFXI players can be more clearly defined, though. For the most part, the playerbase was comprised of hardcore JRPG fans, anime fans, and (ugh) japanophiles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ponuh wrote:
The 500,000 or so FFXI players can be more clearly defined, though. For the most part, the playerbase was comprised of hardcore JRPG fans, anime fans, and (ugh) japanophiles.

Which I'd happily deal with any day over having to hear tons of Chuck Norris jokes in general chat.

You're right, though. All 7 million subscribers aren't annoying, and there are a variety of different players. But it's the annoying players that are noticable. So perhaps I should have said that the problem with WoW was the amount of immature players that played it (Probably due to not being required to find 5 friends to help you do basic stuff, like wiping your ass, like you have to in FFXI - Big deterrant for most players, I imagine). At least they were to me.

Both games have major faults. But what I personally look for in a game is the atmosphere. I wasn't a huge fan of end-game stuff in either game, so BSing and socializing is mainly what I ended up doing. And I just enjoyed doing it more with FFXI players than WoW players.

Sorry to have offended you, though. :p

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI