It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Madisonli wrote:
kioko I met in mordana as well, and then on through sentinels, though she has such a bad memory she doesnt even remember me being in those linkshells, lol but kio has just been someone ive talked to almost everyday, wether on ffxi or aim. Her and her ffxi hubby torn were my dragoon mentors, and I owe most of what i know about drg to them^^ though ofcourse I forgot it all now because I quit ffxi . . .lol but I was a damn awsome drg at one point, my gears and pvp skirrz pwned everyoness soulll

Heh, I actually first met Kioko when she was playing DRG the first time through. She got to level 50 or so and got pissed off sitting around in Jeuno LFG. So, she started playing BRD and leveled pretty fast... hit 75 just a little while after I did. She's kinda crazy, but, fun. Hope she ends up playing on the same server as I do for FFXIV.

Most of my time leveling up, I played with Vendette, who I met playing SWG. I remember inviting her to do a mission with one of my longtime friends and then she started following me around and playing with my friends. She said we met much earlier than that, but, I don't remember it.

Vendette was friends with Cyntari, who I met when I helped Cyn's son do the rank 3 dragon fight. I haven't talked to Vendette since I left for WoW, but, I still talk to Cyn from time to time.

I met Achika when we were in the early 40s. She ignored me at first, but, another player got her to come party up. We still play WoW together... over 6 years later. Achika played regularly with a group... Grandish, Warusha, and Katariana. We leveled up together to around level 60.

I first joined FFXI with a group of friends I met playing Diablo II ... Daver, Saraj, and Wildbill. They started a month ahead of me and I didn't play with them much, but, I played with some of their friends (Kioko, Keli, and Haknoras).

Most of the people I know on these boards I met either through Mordana (Capzero wanted me to join his shell for whatever reason) or the CKD hosted Dynamis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:38 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Thunderstomp wrote:
sorry guys 0% chance of me coming back lol. although I still have my box also...damnit.

%0.0001

ha! in fact he did come back. but only for a month. having a level 75 with no gear and no gil caused him to quit again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:39 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

DeadLegend wrote:
I just realized I can't remember how I met Caduceus. This makes me sad. I can only assume we met while doing the same crap over and over, day in day out at the cloth guild or out by the river though. Think he was around 60whm and I was 50-55 blm when we met.

I'm pretty sure it was farming sheepskins out in the Konschtat Highlands. I don't remember how/why we struck up a conversation, but we continued to do tedious crafting activities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:47 pm 
DL Hughley

Oh right, I had forgotten the bloody sheep. So many hours kiling them for leather subcraft/full profit money and only one mary horn to show for it. I think you asked if I was killing them for wool and that was the strike-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:50 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

earliest memories (not necessarily 1st-time-met...just earliest surviving memories):

yarr - standing at the lower jeuno auction house, sending /tells to yarr about a possible 2nd exp party ~level 38

mikey - exp in batallia in one of the eldieme mounds, we pull a ghost, i accidentally back into the zoneline, when i come back the ghost is dead but so is mikey haha ~level 32

shiloh - like i said yarr had just kicked out another paladin and we invited shiloh and the rest was history (RIP buddy) ~level 40

kayne - saw him running around sandoria as level 1 i think as monk, thunderstomp and i had just created our characters a few minutes before. thunderstomp originally registered the name "Kayne" but decided to reroll for whatever reason. by the time he rerolled, the name Kayne was taken. so when i saw the guy named kayne walking around sandoria i confronted him about it. thats how i remember it although he may not have registered with Ifrit server. and kayne may not have been monk. ~level 1

movien - i teamed up with him and 2 other guys in ghelsba and we fought a lizard, but then all the other lizards linked and i had to use perfect dodge to survive. ~level 7

ponuh - i partied with him in the dunes when i was probably already level 75, and he was being his usual douche self so i kicked him out. he proceeded to /shout at me for months in jeuno. ~level 75

shadowstalker - the perma invited him to take nippler's place after nippler began to party with noodlebrain instead. he did a great job, but i think he wasnt in the market for a perma at the time so we had to settle on mikey (Just teasin!)

Completely off-topic I just saw a walk-in refrigerator in my building built by a "Vollrath" company

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Whisp wrote:
yarr - standing at the lower jeuno auction house, sending /tells to yarr about a possible 2nd exp party ~level 38

You know whisps, I remember this conversation. I was running around in East or West Ronfaure. I cant remember why I was there, but i think I remember this conversation. I wouldnt be shocked if I had a screen shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:07 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

no, i forgot. this took place when i didnt have a screen shot app. the one I was using bombed out. then a friend of mine reintroduced me to fraps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yarr - invited me to my very first real exp party in the dunes. I was level 14, had never even considered it being possible to kill an Incredibly Tough. Got 2 levels in less than an hour, I couldn't believe it. Then my friends made me go watch the 3rd Matrix movie with them. (I should have stayed home.)

Kailyn, Peejo, Reinheld, Itto - I first met these guys after leveling up a WHM to 31, and subsequently starting my fulltime job, RDM. I was just randomly searching for a group in Yuhtunga and got a tell from Kailyn asking if I wanted a party. This eventually became our perma-party with Alchemy or a random JP usually filling in the 6th slot. Grouped with these guys every day after that until I eventually got tired of the game at level 58.

Qbomb - RL friend, started with on Day 1. He actually made that name not even planning on playing on Ifrit, since we weren't sure what server it was going to start us all out on. Ifrit was a much cooler character than the server it initially started me on, so I told him we'd just play on there. It took me about 2 hours of recreating characters to finally get put on Ifrit. Poor guy got so neglected on parties until meeting up with Gilzz and Murph.

Gyoru - Before I met Kailyn's gang, this was my party buddy. Gyoru, Shortdude, and I all made the scary 1st run to Jeuno together. Shortdude didn't make it. But then again, that was probably expected.

Other people I used to know, but never really grouped with:
Whisp, Eviltaru, Mikey, Cylon, Spazz, Nekote, Rubyxiii, Hccmike, Koda, Tooyoo, Dragonb, Skye,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:55 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

I can't quite remember how I met Yarr but when I tried to join they would tell me get level 75 job then ask again, then I did hit 75. I ask again they said "Not a another PLD!" I was like damn XD. so I never did join CKD.

Yarr did take me in to Raid for Cheeseburger that I remembered which was fun to tag long until I got my other LS to do raids when CKD went closed member only raid which I didn't mind. it was fun.

After I met Yarr I also met few of his CKD LS ppl that came long that I would tag around at place like before raids and also some HNM place.

ChickenNoodleSoup, Durga, Brewd, Darkflare, Fyre, Hobo, Holyheal, Honeybunch, Ike, Ineptvagrant, and Saladhead. I think I met them when I was leveling my War and Pld very early at time.

Last edited by Pantherxx on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:34 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Wow eternus you remember everything. i can't remember anything lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:27 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

Quote:
Heh, I actually first met Kioko when she was playing DRG the first time through. She got to level 50 or so and got pissed off sitting around in Jeuno LFG. So, she started playing BRD and leveled pretty fast... hit 75 just a little while after I did. She's kinda crazy, but, fun. Hope she ends up playing on the same server as I do for FFXIV.

Haha, that was mostly because I was following the infamous brady guide and was incredibly stubbourn way back then. I thought that my level 2 whm was just fine and dandy to sub to warrior for instance. I'd refuse to provoke in fear of getting hit and if I did, I'd pop off cure 1 then rest for liek 5 minutes. All the while wondering why no one wanted to party with me.

Iman make sure you round everyone up to come play with us as well, would love to see you on 14~!

Ketrebu: I met Ket in the Mordana linkshell. I used to think he ws 40 years old for the longest time. Then he told me he was like 18 or something, I didn't believe him lol. I remember he had this strange super power to spell out the name of any location perfectly in the entire game. We didn't talk much in Mordana, then years later we ran into each other in jeuno both in summoner AF. It struck up the conversation of, "hey I remember you," and he's been my best friend since.

Jongkrut I'm really not sure exactly how we were first introduced, but I know it was the scenerio of a friend of a friend. I remember she randomly one day out of no where decided to gather up a gang of high levels and go do my dragoon AF pants quest, even though she hardly knew me. It was just the coolest, nicest thing.

Madisonlee Met Madi in Mordana shell, he claims he was in a bunch of other linkshells with me but I dont remember. :p
I do remember that Madi organized a carby mits run, which was my first in-game event of sorts. It was difficult but we succeeded and the entire thing was probably my favorite memory.

Fattino I met in party while playing dragoon. We had a really anal tank who threw a cry fest when a dragoon merely entered his party. We only played a few mobs before he drama queen left, despite us all doing rather well. Fattino messaged me to make fun of the guy and assure me I was a decent player and we've been friends since.

Murph and Christian I think I met both at Monarchy. I know Christian was in a few other linkshells with me maybe prior to that. I was sad when Murph and Tokaru left to play Guild Wars but I'm glad to see them again and that they're doing spectacular. Christian I haven't heard from in a long while and hope he is ok. I remember him being very soft spoken and incredibly sweet and shy, then one day he posted a picture and he was this absolutely huge buff wrestler guy - I was totaly not expecting that.

Iman, Davers, Hak, Vendette, Wildbill, and the whole gang - I met Iman in Mordana and he introduced me to the rest. We had really awesome parties and played off and on with eachother. I hope everyone comes to ff14 for a spell, would be fun to play together again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 am 
Eater of cow souls

gay bar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:39 am 
DL Hughley

Ultimaj wrote:
gay bar

I met ultimaj on ventrilo and I've hated him ever since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:42 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

dead me you and j had some pretty fucking crazy times on vent man. dont doubt that boy lol.
i laughed so hard i coughed blood lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:20 am 
DL Hughley

Mikey wrote:
dead me you and j had some pretty fucking crazy times on vent man. dont doubt that boy lol.
i laughed so hard i coughed blood lol

Yeah man Second Life, Crocnazi national anthem, j being the goddamn funniest teenager on Earth, and me at least once scaring yarr, sunshine, and talisin all into a separate room. Never laughed as much in my life as I did in mikeyvent. Fag.

Funny going from only knowing tal on the boards typing like a little bit of a tard to hearing him speaking and eloquently tearing you apart while you guys played that real time strategy game. I can't remember the exact circumstances of the "Yeah, I am playing with a handicap" remark but holy shit, I almost died.

Pantherxx wrote:
Yarr did take me in to Raid for Cheeseburger that I remembered which was fun

I did one Dynamis with CKD in probably early 2005 or late '04. I'd made friends with Katariana in an yhoator jungle pt with my Dragoon and her whm and she later invited me. I think I was 68 or 70 BLM in that dynamis. I was blown away by the number of people, had to have been 50+ with maybe 9 or 10 black mages so I didn't serve much purpose, but I didn't get anyone killed haha. Got my first dynamis key there (Sandoria) and had a good time. I think ilmaterrori won some rot af2 warrior feet, or maybe kata did. haha. Think I didn't go back because it was a high-end dyn ls and I didn't want to bother anybody. Ended up not playing dynamis again until mid '05 with doomchickens/leeroyjenkins shell, courtesy of Kalade.

Yarr was whm/drg jump pulling and high jump hate shedding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

lol whm/drg was awesome
i secretly /anoned and came to a sky event as whm/drg and began jumping on everything for laughs in my whm AF. good stuff.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI