It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:46 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Well i can correct Ramsos anyway, THF don't give Gods/HNM to much TP, i see myself hitting for 0's on most stuff as THF and that doesnt give TP, and then lets not for get the subtle blow from /NIN and THF JSE legs.

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:14 am 
Gladiator
Gladiator

oh, did you have Kat synth cursed wlegs -1 for you on the spot? If she didn't charge you anything for hq then that's pretty cool of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:19 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

All I said originally was that THF is not good at heavy DD. Judai admits this in his very first sentance. I know THF can have uses on various fights, but a sam/thf (or even drk/thf with enough dark magic skill) can do the job much better. Most melee hit harder HNMs for weak numbers, the low base damage for THF already has them struggling to hit for over 0. THF arent completely useless for HNMs like DRG or PUP are, but there are better choices if you dont have over 18 people fighting a HNM.

And about my not knowing how to use THF properly. My cousin is a 75 THF and I have used the character more than a couple times. I know the strengths and weakness' of the job. Unless you are fighting flying mobs (such as the soft mobs in Caedarva Mire), THF is sub par damage complaired to WAR, MNK, SAM, NIN, RNG, DRK, BST, BLU. THF is a step above DRG and about 8 steps above PUP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 am 
Even Match
Even Match

i'd have to disagree there rams.

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:30 am 
DL Hughley

I'm unaware of any problems with drg on monsters that are being skillchained to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:49 am 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Ramsos wrote:
THF is sub par damage complaired to WAR, MNK, SAM, NIN, RNG, DRK, BST, BLU.

Yeah, BLU and BST own!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:25 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Is it worth it to have 10 thf's in an 18 man ally? god no. Is it worth it to have a couple? If they know their head from their ass, then yes.

You talk about thief hitting for weak damage, and how they give high end mobs tons of tp... well doesn't that also mean the thf is obtaining tp fast too? And last I checked, thief is one of the best jobs for closing skillchains. So doesn't this stand to reason that the faster thief builds tp, the more people a thief can skillchain with.... thus placing more hate on whoever they please... Additionally, more SC's= more MB potential for blms.

And please don't compare thief to loldrg. Drg is a completely pointless job. Their weapon delay is slow as hell and they are not that good for sc's. I would much rather have any job over a drg.

Retired- FF11 / WoW / Rift / SWTOR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:35 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ramsos wrote:
THF is sub par damage complaired to WAR, MNK, SAM, NIN, RNG, DRK, BST, BLU. THF is a step above DRG and about 8 steps above PUP.

I beg to differ. The only job I would get consistantly outparced on on the higher defensive HNM's while on my taru thf was sam and rng. A good War and Nin was solid competition and was usually slightly ahead of me... Had I played a different race this would surely be a different story, especially if I was mithra. But drk, bst and just about any other job I could outparce regularly without question. Granted I did have considerably better gear than most 75 thf's at the time when i quit.... But even then the hate control and sc potential a thief has, seriously you can't ignore them (well unless they suck ass).

Granted all my knowledge is based on prepatch from almost a year ago..... but thief got a considerable damage boost from what I have been told. So I wouldn't be suprised if some of your better thiefs were able to keep their damage parser closer to that of sams and rng's. Granted sams and rngs should always reign supreme on tp build and overall DD output, but I'm sure it's safe to say that thief definately closed some of the ground on them. And again, don't forget the SC potential and hate control a thief has. These are invaluable assets... and are OFTEN overlooked as most people just view thf as a TH whore and that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:12 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yes, THF has been improved in recent patches. But every other job has been improved as well. WAR and MNK are simply extremely powerful jobs (if the player has half a brain when equipting themselves). DRK has been greatly improved with Absorb-TP and the lower casting time with Absorb spells. SAM has been greatly improved with Hasso/Seigan (also a big boost for DRK/SAM). RNG is back to its old ways. The THF upgrades dont put THF on the same level as other DDs, but put them farther ahead of DRG and lolPUP.

Balidorn, a THF with ridiculous equipment can be very powerful. Any job with ridiculous equipment can be very powerful(except for PUP). Most people with good equipment for THF have multiple other, more useful jobs leveled. For HNM fights, SAM/THF DRK/THF and BLU/THF all gain TP faster than THF and give the mob 0 TP. Actually in the case of BLU/THF, they dont even need TP to SC unless they are solo SCing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:37 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

nah decimus, i hade HKO and vacielot try to make me a -1 was 0/10, on 10th try i saw kat make one herself asked her and said she alrdy had a few made up so i bought it alil cheaper then ah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:41 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ramsos wrote:
Yes, THF has been improved in recent patches. But every other job has been improved as well. WAR and MNK are simply extremely powerful jobs (if the player has half a brain when equipting themselves). DRK has been greatly improved with Absorb-TP and the lower casting time with Absorb spells. SAM has been greatly improved with Hasso/Seigan (also a big boost for DRK/SAM). RNG is back to its old ways. The THF upgrades dont put THF on the same level as other DDs, but put them farther ahead of DRG and lolPUP.

Balidorn, a THF with ridiculous equipment can be very powerful. Any job with ridiculous equipment can be very powerful(except for PUP). Most people with good equipment for THF have multiple other, more useful jobs leveled. For HNM fights, SAM/THF DRK/THF and BLU/THF all gain TP faster than THF and give the mob 0 TP. Actually in the case of BLU/THF, they dont even need TP to SC unless they are solo SCing.

hmmmm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:23 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

You only need a THF to clean up hate generation if your tank is a NIN or a PLD!
If you had a RDM/NIN, you'd have no troubles at all! (Even through Wyrm Roars!)

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:21 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

how does a drk/thf out TP a thf, whilst in the process giving the mob they are both presumably fighting 0 TP?

This must have been something added after I quit lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:08 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

THF sucks.

that is all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:23 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

DRK got a new spell Absorb-TP. If you have high enough dark magic skill and time it right, it is almost as good as a mini meditate with no TP on the mob. You can also cast it pretty frequently so there is not much delay in WSs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:17 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Cleese wrote:
THF sucks.

that is all

LMAO... I was thinking more along the lines of Cleese's thf sucks. \:D/

Ramsos wrote:
DRK got a new spell Absorb-TP. If you have high enough dark magic skill and time it right, it is almost as good as a mini meditate with no TP on the mob. You can also cast it pretty frequently so there is not much delay in WSs.

Hmmm.... still bet if I came back and obtained all of my gear I could out tp a drk any day... and probably still out DD too..... but that will be a debate without ever having closure I'm betting. Although, I am pleased with what I hear about the absorb-tp spell so for now drk is off my loldrkgaywtf list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:34 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yeah mine did suck, thats why I quit. hoho.

While a drk can put out those big numbers, they dont last too long afterwards. Just ask Kathan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:04 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Thats why DRK go as /SAM (or /NIN if they blow) for Seigan in merit pts. Seigan gives Third Eye 3-4 blinks every thirty seconds with no casting delay. A DRK/THF wouldnt have hate anyway since they would be passing hate with Trick Attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:48 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

you assume that TA will stick every time.

TA only procs 100% of the time with the Assassin trait, which is 60.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:59 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Cleese wrote:
you assume that TA will stick every time.

TA only procs 100% of the time with the Assassin trait, which is 60.

quite correct. Not only that but Drk accuracy is worse than shit itself... as any drk should say. Therefore, it stands to reason that a good thf should outtp a drk with the same skills any day... therefore in the long run I'm bettin the thf would also outparce them. Unfortunately I can't prove it since I don't play... but I can still talk \:D/

btw.... your thf sucked cleese? did you just never get gear for at after you went to valour?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:28 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Nah I got things, almost has full heca but wasn't on for a hogg. Mandau and Ass armlets would have been nice but in every dyna xarcy run I was in, that was the piece that never dropped. go figure.

Never really merited as much as I should have either, just too busy doing other shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:15 am 
Tough!
Tough!

Ramsos wrote:
Thats why DRK go as /SAM (or /NIN if they blow) for Seigan in merit pts. Seigan gives Third Eye 3-4 blinks every thirty seconds with no casting delay. A DRK/THF wouldnt have hate anyway since they would be passing hate with Trick Attack.

lol at DRK out TPing THF. They were known for their slow as hell TP gain and Absorb spells almost always get resisted on HNMs. A good THF/NIN nowadays can shit on a DRK/THF. A good DRK however might keep up, but we all know good DRKs are a dime a dozen. /SAM sub is kind of a moot point when THF have acess to that also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:31 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

THF/SAM can't use Seigan or Hasso because you have to be using a 2 handed weapon.

DRK with Kraken and SE basically takes away 10% or more of a HNMs life lol. You would rather have THF TAing on the tanks if that is how you are doing things (longer fight where tanks can't grab hate fast). That and for TH you could have at least one THF in the alliance. DRK can try to stun a wyrm if their SA WS on the tail causes a fail lol. THF/NIN should build tp faster but they will give a fuckload of TP from their fast and frequent 3-15 dmg hits on a HNM. DRK will hit a bit higher per swing and gains TP ok with Dark Seal(no resist) + absorb TP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:54 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Cleese wrote:
Nah I got things, almost has full heca but wasn't on for a hogg. Mandau and Ass armlets would have been nice but in every dyna xarcy run I was in, that was the piece that never dropped. go figure.

Never really merited as much as I should have either, just too busy doing other shit.

Bali quit with the one and only pair of Armlet's our LS has gotten.. Still only those 2 BLM Hats as well, one to a loot whore who left right after and the other lost to time out... 2 years and I have only seen 2 Hats and one pair of Armlets.

DRK is pretty good now and if they are good they can do better then a THF on endgame mobs. THF will crush them in EXP and still has it's uses. Also, Seigen is over-rated, DRK gets hate on HNM, they die.

THF/SAM isn't for Hasso/Seigan. It's for Meditate. THF/SAM is great for SCs+MBs.

TA doesn't always hit like they said. DRK = Big damage and then raise and wait for weakness after. THF doesn't give as much TP as you think. The lower delay gives less TP per hit then a GS or Scythe and they have subtle blow with /nin and gear unlike DRK. Does it really even matter when you have like 12 people hitting/casting on the mob? Every attack, spell cast on it and time it hits it gets TP. HNMs pretty much always have 100TP so that's a bad point.
Just to show the point about TA not always 100% and big damage = death for DRKs.

i drink my own cum after shooting it in your moms ass haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:06 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

He pulled hate and got hit before he even landed the WS from your SS lol. DRK die alot of course... that is the nature of the job pretty much to sacrifice your life for power. SAM sub has the benefit of some sort of survivability and a small haste and str bonus if you equip a 2h weapon, otherwise you are gimping it just with a 60 tp meditate. DRK is the best spike damage melee job in the game, their WS do the biggest damage on end game monsters. That and with a Kraken they outdamage everything as well. Main job souleater is just that great on HNM lol. Merits are a different situation, pimped out WAR/NIN and a pimped MNK destroy all in xp/merits. THF isn't first class in anything but THing despite the big upgrades via updates... Feint is cool though.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI