It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:39 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Eternus wrote:
Merits are a different situation, pimped out WAR/NIN and a pimped MNK destroy all in xp/merits.

My MNK is extremely "pimp" and merited. My SAM is solidly "pimp" gearwise and decently merited. Just to show I know what MNK can do. I have outparsed Ridill WARs on MNK.

I know I can outparse my MNK with my SAM. I have outparsed plenty of people on my SAM. An extremely good SAM can outparse anyone quite easily. SAM is quite under-rated. MNK and WAR are easy to play, therefore people think they destroy everyone else. SAM and RNG can both easily destroy them if the player is good. Most SAMs I see suck ass tho, they just don't understand how to play it.

Personally I think SAM is one of the most under-rated jobs, xp and endgame. A good SAM can be quite devestating. Just wish they all knew how to play it.

KC/Ridill/Souleater is hot tho. Things like MNK/DRK are pretty amazing as well. Just no real survivabilty for those types of DD. Insane damage but they basically need to be curebombed.

i drink my own cum after shooting it in your moms ass haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:28 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

DRK doesnt really need to be curebombed when they use souleater/blood weapon with a kracken. Unless they are 1-shotted they heal themselves with bloodweapon. After souleater/bloodweapon are used, if the mob is still standing the DRK is dead.

Since I leveled SAM and WAR to 75 I have gone to a grand total of 1 endgame event as DRK. But when I did go to endgame events as it I dont remember ever once missing TA with DRK/THF(unless I was paralized), and I have never missed as SAM/THF.

The point of DRK/SAM in merit pts is the survivability factor without having to sacrifice damage with /NIN. Sure a DRK/NIN can dual weild axes, but a WAR/NIN can do the job much better. I have capped dark magic merits and dark magic equipment to macro in, I rarely if ever get resisted on exp and dynamis mobs (the only events im allowed to go as DRK to).

Against non-flying mobs my DRK/SAM can easily outdamage a THF/anything. DRK have a bad reputation because I would say roughly 95% of them are ass.

I agree with you fully on SAM judai. My SAM/WAR outparses any job in straight meleeburn PTs. 20+ TP per swing and 2:30 meditate = alot of 800+ damage WSs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:38 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You guys are partying with alot of MNK/NIN I assume and not MNK/WAR anymore. If a SAM can outparse a pimped MNK/WAR then I will be shocked. Especially with faith bags and virtue stones, its game over. SAM is an awesome job though, good to hear the update made it even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:50 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Yeah alot of people think theyre hot shit when they outparse a MNK/NIN and forget that if that same MNK came /war then things would be different. MNK is the new RNG as far as merit goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:43 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

goDeejay wrote:
we all know good DRKs are a dime a dozen.

Ramsos is one of those dimes. '-'

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:42 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Judai wrote:
My MNK is extremely "pimp" and merited. My SAM is solidly "pimp" gearwise and decently merited. Just to show I know what MNK can do. I have outparsed Ridill WARs on MNK

I am a Black Belt MNK. I fully know the capabilities of it. I can outparse MNK/WAR and Ridill WAR on my SAM, I am 95% positive. Your statement only shows how little people think of SAMs. It can and will crush any and all DD. The thing is, the player has to be very good. Where as a MNK or WAR can suck and still do great.

There is a huge difference between a bad SAM and a great one. I didn't say anything about being "hot shit". I have not partied with many people on SAM, since it is my newest 75 but I have outparsed quite a few very good MNKs rather easily. Talking 10%+ more damage then them.

btw I have Faiths and Virtues as well, tho idk that they ae really all that much better then Destroyers. I haven't really used them in a long time tho.

i drink my own cum after shooting it in your moms ass haha

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI