It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: 2/14 upcoming update news
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:07 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I am sure a few of you have already seen this, but yeah.

In the upcoming version update, we plan on introducing the next segment of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan missions, as well as a number of new features and improvements that will make your life in Vana'diel more enjoyable than ever before!
Check out today's Topics for a preview of some of the changes.

New Missions
In the next version update, we will be continuing the Treasures of Aht Urhgan missions where they left off in the October update. The next installment will include the appearance of new monsters, the four Mamool Ja overlords, the mysterious Dark Rider, and many other surprises you won't want to miss!

Merit Points
A new graphic effect will be added that will let surrounding players know when you have gained a merit point. Also, you will be able to switch between experience point mode and limit point mode in any area, not just your Mog House.
*You will not be able to switch modes while under a level restriction (such as in a battlefield or during an Assault mission), or when participating in Besieged.
*Allocation of merit points will still only be possible within your Mog House.

Item Storage and Card Cases
The NPC who stores certain equipment sets will begin accepting relic-level armor in the upcoming version update. Also, the arrow-bundling NPC has expanded her wares to include cases that allow you to carry 99 corsair cards as one item.

Map Marking
The next update will see the appearance of an NPC that will mark your magical maps to make it easier to find those special NPCs, such as the minstrel of melodies, and the item storage NPCs.

taken from: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:20 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Very nice change to the limit points system. Having to constantly switch in the mog house was annoying and the main reason I never bothered with Limit points when I was playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:30 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I want to fucking fight The Dark Rider lol... right now he is invincible and moves at almost cactrot rapido speeds and if you voke him he insta casts death on you. The 4 Mamool Ja overlords will be cool as well. The Khimaira fight in the last update was too easy.. probably due to an overpowered as hell familiar Tarutaru NPC that can nuke Thunder I for 1k dmg lol (really don't want to spoil who it is). Kinda hoping these are more challenging and will open new areas. We already know that Alexander is in the storyline and The Dark Rider really seems to be Odin from the picture in that one CS.

In other news, I want my crown back from that stupid bitch ass Naja Salaheem. Glory Crown is mine, give it back haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:33 am 
DL Hughley

Why are there Mamool overlords but no troll/Lamia overlords? All 3 already have a beast king.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:38 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

No clue... maybe they thought the current Mamool Ja HNM were too weak lol.... dunno a Mamool Ja BLU in Beseiged one shotting everyone for 10k dmg a piece with Radiant Breath is strong enoug haha. Oh yeah they already said they are upping the level of Beseiged lmao.

This was from an earlier news release (2/9):

The next FINAL FANTASY XI version update is scheduled to take place in early March.

We are currently working on implementing the long-awaited chocobo racing system, as well as new missions, quests, monsters, Assault areas, and more! Along with various system additions and improvements, we will also be raising the maximum level of the beastman armies in Besieged.

Further version update details will be released in an upcoming Topics article. Stay tuned!

Chocobo racing lawl. My fucking chocobo is a little bitch. Still need to train her so she can be at least the speed of a rental.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:44 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

That fact that no one has posted screen shots of their chocobos greatly disturbs me. If they had released chocobo breeding before Aht Urghan I'd probably still be playing this damn game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:46 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have a female chocobo and she is yellow. I really wished it was red, green, black... hell anything but yellow lol. You have to raise their stats to get them to be just a tiny bit faster than a rental. In short its not worth it imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:52 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I have a Female black choco, i have NO! pictures of her because she had nothing but vomp carrots for 55 days, has crappy STR and runs a bit slower than id like her to run, so basically she was a time/money sink, and is only useful to call from teleport-altep or yhoat.

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah its lame that chocobo mazurka works in Xarcabard and Ulegrande Range, but you can't call your damn chocobo there. Would be nice for riding up to Jorm lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Eternus wrote:
Yeah its lame that chocobo mazurka works in Xarcabard and Ulegrande Range, but you can't call your damn chocobo there. Would be nice for riding up to Jorm lol.

Yeah man that's the only reason I could see myself wanting one. Walking through those zones is torture!

I heard people complain often about how much of a pain in the ass chocobo raising was. I never even got myself an egg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:29 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I was still entertained by the few screenshots I saw of them since I don't play anymore, also could someone please spoil what the TOAU story arc is or link me to a sight that covers the missions as well as the actual story?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:28 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Lets just say, we learned about a place where monsters of vana'deil were created through gene splicing including mandragora, and there is something to do with a ghost ship, and a guy standing infront of a painting of Odin(dark rider) and what appears to be alexander.

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:05 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

ummm

Would like to know more, like is their no site with a full story synopisis as well as what you had to do mission wise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:44 pm 
DL Hughley

The ffxi wiki might have game scripts of each mission

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI