It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: 3/28 update is Chocobo Racing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:35 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Chocobo Racing (03/27/2007)The version update scheduled for Thursday, March 29th will finally unlock the gates to the exciting world of chocobo racing! Now, players from across the globe will have the opportunity to test their chocobo's abilities on the racetrack against some of Vana'diel's most skilled riders.

Development Concept
Last summer and fall, several surveys regarding chocobo racing were conducted from premiere FINAL FANTASY XI sites in Japan, North America, and Europe. The development team then took these valuable opinions and used them to create exciting new content that focused on what the players wanted most.

Due to the fact that chocobo racing is completely new to FINAL FANTASY XI, much time has been necessary for development and testing. Because of this, we have determined that rather than delaying the release of the content, it is better to release portions of it at a time, thus allowing players to experience some of the features right away.

Then, in future patches, a variety of new features will be added to turn up the excitement. The following is a tentative schedule of the updates and their content:

Summer, 2007: Player vs. player races, betting
Fall/Winter, 2007: New official races, practice races (player vs. player)
2008: Final official races

Basic Information
- What is Chocobo Racing?
The newly added racetracks are the perfect place to test out and show off your very own chocobo's skills. These automated races will require you to piece together a picture-perfect plan based on variables such as chocobo condition and the weather, using options consisting of orders given to your jockey and items to be utilized on the track. But that's not all. Performing well in these races will earn you gil or VCS-mint chocobucks, which can be used to purchase items or services that will assist you in breeding.

- How to Participate
First, you must be raising an adult chocobo or have one out to pasture and possess its VCS registration card. Next, you must visit one of the CRA's (Chocobo Racing Association) branches located in San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst, and register your chocobo to race.

- What are Chocobucks?
Chocobucks are a special type of currency for use at CRA-sanctioned establishments. Chocobucks can be earned by winning special races and can be exchanged for items and services used in chocobo breeding. Chocobucks are also required to participate in certain official races.

- Types of Races
The following are the two types of races available at this time:

Official Race
By successfully completing the objectives of these "mission-style" races, more challenging races will be unlocked. Can you clear them all?

Free Run
Free runs are "practice" races that may be run at any time (for a small gil fee). By placing in these races, you will receive chocobucks that can be used to purchase items or participate in higher-level official races. Use these practice races to hone your skills and save up funds.

taken from : http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

There is a video on the site, this is for anyone who cares about this shit. I really don't. WTF they aren't even releasing this shit fully, but in pieces. This expansion is taking way longer than their initial time table. Fucking worthless lol. Shit should have been somewhat complete upon release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:41 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

chocobo racing can suck my balls

Shadow Ring 5/13/06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:00 am 
DL Hughley

Quote:
Last summer and fall, several surveys regarding chocobo racing were conducted from premiere FINAL FANTASY XI sites in Japan, North America, and Europe. The development team then took these valuable opinions and used them to create exciting new content that focused on what the players wanted most.

and it will be implemented 2 years later. GTFO!!!

They need to just quit this bs and finish the storyline already. This is fucking ridiculous. CoP was a huge expansion in terms of Mission and storyline, and even new zones, and that ENTIRE HUGE COMPLICATED expansion took less than a year to be fully complete (a little longer if you count Apocalypse Nigh). It's been a few days over 11 months since this was released and it's nowhere near finished. Why? No idea but it is pissing me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:15 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Wow, MMO players who bitch and moan when something new gets implemented? NO FUCKING WAY?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:48 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ponuh wrote:
Wow, MMO players who bitch and moan when something new gets implemented? NO FUCKING WAY?

Actually they are bitching because SE is putting in a usless feature that doesnt address any of the current issues.

I hate SE and how they do their expansions. You buy the expansion and you have to wait and pay month to month waiting for them to release the content you already bought.
Its a joke and hands down the worst mmo expansion procedure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:08 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

heh I am done with this game and this will not bring me back anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:11 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yarr wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

Actually they are bitching because SE is putting in a usless feature that doesnt address any of the current issues.

I hate SE and how they do their expansions. You buy the expansion and you have to wait and pay month to month waiting for them to release the content you already bought.

It doesn't matter, then. They never have to participate. There's simply no reason to whine about something useless being added if it's not detracting from their game experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:20 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well I can't even find my chocowhistle to call my chocobo lol. I haven't seen that thing in ages, but I know its full grown. The shame about Chocobo racing/raising is it took them a fuckload of time to complete, time that could have been spent on fixing more important and stressing issues.

Time is the issue when the game takes so much time to play and you pay a monthly fee. The big issues though seem to be finally working themsevles out slowly but surely. Well aside from the 3 kings lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:22 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I can't wait to come back to my full grown neglected chocobo. He's going to have tattoos and piercings and needlemarks in his wings. he's going to resent me for not being there for him but i plan on beating him until he loves me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:42 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I logged in for like 10 minutes on Friday. Second time since I reactivated a month ago. Gonna let the ID cancel again.

I can't believe it took them till now to add Chocobo Racing...I thought it was already in the game. I remember people being excited about it when I was playing lots last year...I feel bad for them they had to wait this long haha. I never even bothered raising a chocobo. It would be in the same shape as Ponuh's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:20 pm 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Ponuh wrote:
Yarr wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

It doesn't matter, then. They never have to participate. There's simply no reason to whine about something useless being added if it's not detracting from their game experience.

People are bitching about the timeliness of adding chocobo racing more than it being useless. Maybe some people want to race chocobo's but just think it's way overdue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at some of the new items and I noticed SE finally decided to make gear with stats to help pets, which is something I've wanted to see for a while. However, I would've liked to see attack instead of defense, but o well it's better than nothing.

Askar Dirs 75 32 Rare/Ex
HP +15
MP +15%
Dexterity +4%
Intelligence +4
Accuracy +5
Attack +5
Pet: Defense +10
Set: Max HP Boost BST/DRK/DRG/PLD/SAM
WAR Legs

Where do these items come from anyway? The new assaults?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wtf is "Recycle" Effect? lol maybe it's a typo.

Kappa Necklace 75 0 Rare/Ex
Ranged Attack +8
Salvage: Adds 'Recycle' Effect
Salvage: Ninja Tool Expertise
All Neck

This is what FFXI really needed!

Scapegoat This quaint depiction of a goat was carved from a single marid tusk. It is said to contain a single phoenix feather. Crafted:
Bonecraft (65)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:54 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

looking back at ffxi I would review this game as

10% adventuring/storyline
50% conversational forum/webchatting/wasting time in moghouse/checking ah/crafting shit
40% lag/slow gameplay/camping/updates/level grinding/walking/zoning/dying

I loved the story but for the 4 hours LFG, times the 3 1/2 hours to organize and implement and conquer a mission/objective for a small 3-8 minute cutscene is crap. Glad I played it but what a timesink. WoW felt kind of the same way, it took 2 1/2 months to get to 60 (1st time ever playing it and back when 60 was the highest lvl). Then friends would just reroll or it became like a job to raid instances on given night and I quickly lost interest in doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

((Excitement))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:00 am 
DL Hughley

Ponuh wrote:
Yarr wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

It's detracting from the experience because they could take the time they used on implementing this dogshit 2 years late and instead spend it on finishing the storyline missions a year late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:20 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Unfortunately, you appear to be using their product and I think they decide what features are added so there's no point trashing in the water for no reason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:28 am 
DL Hughley

I can piss in the pool though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:35 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I thought I saw a tampon floating around in there. Be careful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:59 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Recycle is the RNG trait that gives them a chance to either not use arrows are get them back, and ninja tool expertise is the same, its a small chance here or there to save a tool.

as for the racing, FFXI is starting to follow a huge trend of planning something awesome, and then they drop the ball and make it shitty. chocobo racing might be fun, but i spend 10k a day for 60 days raising my choco and its still got half assed speed, and then they say chocobucks will help you with breeding, if they think i am going to raise another choco they are wrong.

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI