It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: XP Award for Promy missions!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:27 am 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Quote:
From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development TeamChains of Promathia Battlefield Adjustments (05/18/2007)In response to many player requests, we are planning to adjust the difficulty of the Chains of Promathia missions in the upcoming version update, as well as introduce a new experience point reward upon the completion of a mission battlefield.

Adjustments to Difficulty
Particularly challenging Chains of Promathia battlefields, such as those that appear in the Promyvion areas (Holla, Dem, Mea, Vahzl), and the missions "Flames for the Dead" and "The Warrior's Path", will have their difficulty level toned down. These adjustments will include changes to monster level and placement.
We also hope that the following changes to items used specifically against Chains of Promathia enemies will encourage players to brave the dangers found in the mission battlefields.

-Rare/Ex Properties
The special items introduced for use against enemies found within the Chains of Promathia battlefields will have their "Ex" properties removed, allowing these items, such as psychoanima and mistmelt, to be put up for auction. Certain items will also have the "Rare" property removed, allowing players to carry multiples of the same item.

Experience Point Rewards
After changes made in the March 8 version update, players no longer lose experience when being KO'd within a Chains of Promathia mission battlefield. In the upcoming version update, players will also be rewarded with experience points (or limit points) upon the successful completion of a battlefield. The experience point reward will be slightly less than the amount received for ENM quests, but it will be possible for players to obtain this new reward once every Earth day.
These changes will provide a tangible benefit for those who have completed a Chains of Promathia battlefield and wish to aid other players with their first attempts

And you'll be able to tele from sandy to aht urgan and get a chocobo at the tele crystal in altepa.

Quote:
The following is just a handful of the additions and adjustments planned for the next version update:

New Missions
The next episode in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan mystery is about to unfold. What role does the "mystery knight" play in this epic tale?

Chocobo Raising & Racing
Issues with text display during chocobo races will be addressed. In addition, players will now be able to receive condensed updates from trainers, as well as give multiple servings of feed to their chocobos at once.

Transportation
- Aht Urhgan
New NPCs have been stationed in Bastok, San d'Oria, and Windurst offering teleportation to Aht Urhgan Whitegate. A small fee is planned for the service.

- Choco-gals
Choco-gals will now offer chocobo rentals from the teleport crystals in the Eastern Altepa desert and the Yhoator Jungle, as well as from the leypoint in the Wajaom Woodlands

- Outpost Teleportation
The level restriction on players allowed to use the outpost teleportation services located in Bastok, Windurst, and San d'Oria will be lowered. In conjunction with this change, a fee adjustment is also being considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:17 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

alittle too late for chobo part for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:02 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

hooray more RMT in sea! warriors path is tenzen he wasnt hard, and im not sure what Flame for the dead is, but these is BS they werent all that hard when i did them, well pots was a bitch in sea, but yea

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:52 am 

I thought RMT quit sea cuz it's not a good money maker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

RMT mule is shouting to buy Mars' Ring & Ninurta's Sash in whitegate now to see how much they can sell them for. Previously, these BCNMs were too rough for most RMT (and even some average players), but it seems now that RMT are re-considering CoP missions with this update in sight.

Meh. :/

FFXI Blog
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:44 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

not to mention if they make memories/anima sellable they can farm them because no one wants to go stand for hours in promies for nothing

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:37 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

[ Riiari ] wrote:
RMT mule is shouting to buy Mars' Ring & Ninurta's Sash in whitegate now to see how much they can sell them for. Previously, these BCNMs were too rough for most RMT (and even some average players), but it seems now that RMT are re-considering CoP missions with this update in sight.

Meh. :/

Seeing that would piss me off. What would piss me off even more is some gil buying prick who started the game last year will pay RMT for a Ninurta's sash. No biggie though...I HIGHLEY doubt they will kill AV. Even if they zerg. I just can't imagine it being possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:09 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Wasn't there something implemented in a previous update to prevent zombie fighting by keeping weakened status on longer after the 2nd or 3rd death?

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:37 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Navyr wrote:
hooray more RMT in sea! warriors path is tenzen he wasnt hard, and im not sure what Flame for the dead is, but these is BS they werent all that hard when i did them, well pots was a bitch in sea, but yea

Flames of the dead was teh Snoll Tzar... fun fight, shame they're gonna make it easier, fighting that clock was a blast

Dmitry wrote:
Wasn't there something implemented in a previous update to prevent zombie fighting by keeping weakened status on longer after the 2nd or 3rd death?

Something like lowered acc for sure, maybe other stats like atk/def/eva, not entirely certain, and too lazy to read old patch notes to find out for sure.

And I still lost /cry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:30 am 

when you're double weak you do 0 dmg i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:58 am 
DL Hughley

Double weakness sucks. It's the big "shut the fuck up and sit in the corner" status effect, because there's not much else you can do while afflicted with it.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI