It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:59 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:27 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Mareso wrote:
Navyr wrote:
haha average isnt even close, i never use my THF for anything but soloing NMs or keys anymore, damn RDM and soon BRD gonna make my THF non-exsistant

yea! your teef sucks!

Says the THF without an Ohat =0p

WoW
70 Druid Night elf Boulderfist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yarr wrote:
Jimbean wrote:
Not all in LSes were like this, in fact, most weren't/aren't. This is why I hated JoS, they more than any other LS (with the exception of maybe CKD) seemed to support/enforce that type of a mentality

CKD didnt ignore other linkshells at first. In fact, I encouraged everyone to always got the extra mile and help someone they didnt know. What I did was request that no one use any other message board but the CKD forums. It wasnt enforced (Mikey sure didnt follow the rule), it was just something I asked people to do, no one had to listen to me. I just didnt like drama starting on any other forum but ours.

People like to remember the bad, but CKD was a linkshell that helped many players outside of our own. Cheeseburgers and CobraKaiDynamis should confirm that. Lets not forget that Kayne helped 90% of the first and second generation players with something. I myself made it a point to help lots of people with all sorts of things. I did that to help create the CKD image. I wanted all the NA players to realize CKD was on their side and that NA players didnt have to depend on Japanese players for help.

I just started messing around with FFXI again recently. One of the few things I have (because I can't give it away) is the Valor crown I won on my first or second raid with CKD. I remember that day very well. Valor dropped and the dynami ls (cheesburgers I think) chat made it pretty clear that Shiloh was needing it.

I was "allowed" to roll on it, but, I elected to pass. I must have gotten at least a half dozen tells saying I should have rolled on it. I made up a story saying I rolled low and then passed, but, it wasn't true. I thought Shiloh deserved it and the gear would add more to the raid over the long haul. It amazed me that so many of your members had such a strong sense of what's fair. Most raids (speaking from what I've seen in 3 years of WoW) simply would have denied me a shot at the drop.

Turned out another Valor crown dropped later that raid and I won that one.

I was never a member of CKD, but, I am forever grateful that they allowed me to see so much of the game that would have otherwise been impossible.

I wasn't just Dynamis. I did San D'Oria rank 9-1 with CKD (I remember us all sitting around waiting because Yarr forgot to do one of the step and had to go back to San D'Oria). I did some of Promyvions with CKD.

But, yeah, after a while you started getting the wrong kinds of people in CKD. People that were only looking out for themselves and had a bad attitude and zero loyalty. That was just beginning to start about the time I left FFXI, so, I can't say who, what, or when. I'll always think of CKD as a quality shell even though I knew a lot of people that didn't like you guys for whatever reason.

Yarr wrote:
Lets not forget that CKD was also created as way to give a collective "Fuck you" to the japanese players. My aim was never to piss off NA players. I didnt set my target on NA players until whats-their-faces decided to ditch Cheeseburgers and do their on private raids. Then they went on to say they carried us in Dynamis. I generally look at that instance as the start of most the NA vs NA conflict.

Unless you're talking about Sentinels (which happened about the time I was getting ready to quit FFXI) that was after my time. At the time, I tended to think of that as there being more NA players looking to do dynamis than a single raid could support.

Yarr, maybe you don't remember me at all, but, I think of you as a good man and a good leader, even if you do some childish things sometimes (mostly taking shots at Pirotess).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Pirotess who? lawl

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI