It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:56 am 
". . ."
". . ."

Ponuh wrote:
Viviti wrote:
Thanks alot for you guys' thoughts and opinions (Except Ponuh)

Also, something that has come to my attention, that as I look back, I worded things somewhat badly.

I am NOT bashing PD in any way/shape/form. Everyone on PD has been nothing but nice to me since I joined, especially considering I don't meet their requirements to even BE in their linkshell (Only had permission through a linkshell merger)

I'm just not happy with how little I see people help others below them. I'm a "lesser" member by far (not as much experience with events as others, not caught up in missions, etc) and I sometimes feel that because of something like that, people in the LS are less inclined to help.

Basically, all too many times have I asked for help with things, and not even been acknowledged...

My initial post in the thread was worded poorly, and I apologize for that~

If you want to take offense at me pointing out that you're saying you need a better guild and yet can't even go to the places they fight in then go ahead. I'm sure you can get by on your notoriety alone

You don't seem to understand what it is I'm asking for, which is why you're not contributing to this thread.

I'm not asking for a "better" linkshell. I'm not asking for one that does more than what PD does, PD does just as many events, if not more, than most other linkshells, and a damn fine job at them as well.

I'm asking for a linkshell who would be willing to HELP me get access to those areas, rather than hearing the same "Vivi, you need sea!" over and over again, but not getting any action done when I attempt to do the missions.

This is why you frustrate me, you're not a smug, asshole of a poster who points out clever things in peoples threads, if you were, I'd love you.

You're a smug asshole poster who always misinterprets a thread, and then smears on his opinion over something that isn't actually related to the real topic.

Which is why I said GTFO MY THREAD GOD DAMMIT PONUH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:40 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Vivi is my new hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:00 am 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sweet sig you got there Vivi. :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

No, I haven't misconstrued anything. You may have notoriety on the server but most of that seems to have come from being "the guy who sucks" who quits all the time. I'm sure you'll get a linkshell to help you in a way you find sufficient but I doubt it will be because you're a considered an overly valuable asset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think Ponuh hates everybody. You need to get laid brotha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:07 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Not to get on anyone's wrong side, but Ponuh is only pointing out what you're afraid to admit. The idea that i'm getting from this thread is that you're looking for a linkshell who will help you get missions done, but what's going to happen when you have access? Hop right back to PD?

It's hard for people to want to help if they know that chances are you're going to leave them in the end anyway. I'm not trying to be an ass or ruin your thread, but it's just the truth.

Shouting or begging friends is basically your best option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:14 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

goDeejay wrote:
Not to get on anyone's wrong side, but Ponuh is only pointing out what you're afraid to admit. The idea that i'm getting from this thread is that you're looking for a linkshell who will help you get missions done, but what's going to happen when you have access? Hop right back to PD?

It's hard for people to want to help if they know that chances are you're going to leave them in the end anyway. I'm not trying to be an ass or ruin your thread, but it's just the truth.

Shouting or begging friends is basically your best option.

There we go. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:07 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

Try to organize Sea runs during down times in your LS. There are easy to fallow walk throughs on line(don't know the address off the top of my head, it was on my favs till I reinstalled), but should be easy to find. Gotta be proactive, no one is gonna do all the work for you. Even one mission a week will get you there. No on wants to do it cause its lvl caped, and you have to spend a lot of food/drinks/items. Hell, U/O was like 150k a fight back in the day(not sure how much it is now). Gotta be willing to put up the bucks for people to help out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:29 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

BTW, just so everyone knows, I've gotten everything sorted out in-game, but I wanna keep this thread alive because of how much joy its bringing me, lmao.

You can move it to the war room if you must, haha.

And Ponuh... who are you to judge what someones notoriety is, in a game you havn't even played in HOW long?

What's the last time you even played? That may have been when I had just come back, when being the guy who sucked and quit alot was all I was.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've been around for awhile now, without quitting.

I'm sure you were raping an epic mount or something stupid like that in WoWfAg land, but meanwhile, I was working hard in FFXI, so how would you have any idea what my current "social status" is? Because you read the fucking internet?

Big deal, I post on forums...so does pretty much all of Ifrit. If we all judged players by how they are, or what other people say on internet forums...

Well...

Just look at my sig ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:35 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Here we are, many years later.

I've seen countless faces come and go.

I've congratulated friends more times than I could ever count.

I've been in linkshell, after linkshell, after linkshell.

I've been born, died, and reborn several times.

And finally, after alllllllll this time:

75BLM/37RDM

You don't seem to be trying to shake the "facade" that you're not well known as the person who sucks and who sucked up to Yarr big time (Viper Kai Dojo?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:26 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I love ponuh. lol

But that doesn't mean I agree with him either. But he knows that too. So whatever.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI