It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:48 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

The strategy for these mobs have yet to be uncovered. Remember when CoP Wyrms first came out? (Remember our first couple Jorms?) It took people hours upon hours to figure stuff out only to end up giving up (or CFH in our cases =p) <3 Werx/Pix. Why would you go into a fight knowing that it is broken or not having the correct strategy and expect to be in and out in 2 hours? You wanna be the first and develope a strat? Cool, but dont expect it to be easy as 1 minute Mac N Cheese.

Yes SE milks it's player base. Yes we've all known about it for years. Yes people continue to play this game (or quit) on their own free will. We made the choice to play this game knowing the circumstances. What if I get sick after more than 2 hours of play? Am I allowed to sue SE for not getting me from 1 to 75 and all the best gear in under 2 hours? Those that go sick didn't eat/drink/sleep for those 18 hours. I'd hardly call that SE's fault.

Obese children sueing McDs?! GTFO! I didn't know 2-12 year old children could get part time jobs, drive to McDs, and order 2 Happy Meals a day for 3 years. Two words. BAD PARENTING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:26 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

MY FUCKING CASE IN POINT IS THAT I CAN HAPPEN VALISK. IT CAN HAPPEN LOL. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS LOL. I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW BAD THE PARENTS ARE. I CARE ABOUT POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF MONEY I COULD LOSE LOL.

Yes its the parents fault. But this is america and theres always someone else to blame. Its the pure and sad simple fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:29 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

now lets stop going back and forth with this, because case in point we both have valid points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:42 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

I thought the whole argument was that SE probably did this to avoid lawsuits which valisk already admitted to thinking was the case so what're we arguing about now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:44 pm 
Strong Confident Black Woman

SE could be sue'd for a number of things actually lol. This IS one of them. It's not about them making monsters to hard its about exploiting the general public and preying on addiction. In a court of law it could be argued and very easily won by the public that SE is intentionally exploiting people addictions for profits. By constantly releasing a bunch of bs about how they will make shit easyer to kill and how its so possible, it keeps peoples hopes up by thinking "we can eventually do this with practice" thus buying them a much larger window of time to come up with the next excuse by the time people realize that it is still infact impossible. SE has been rambling on and on about how possible it is to kill AV. Funny how after 2-3 years no one has successfully killed it legitamitely. By keeping 1 major goal alive it will keep a giant population addicted to the game. To prove this in words i would say people keep trying to improve themselves by experience PTs and salvage einherjar etc etc. thats EXACTLY what SE wants people to do. Stay addicted with hopes of some day completing the game. All in all once at the supreme court, should the be a class action law suit against SE for exploting a human tendancy or addiction im pretty sure they would lose and hard.

OO_SKYLINE_OO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:07 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Mikey wrote:
now lets stop going back and forth with this, because case in point we both have valid points.

It's just friendly debate Mikeycakes. Nothin wrong with that. And of course it "can" happen. I could file a lawsuit against you for being Mexican. Doesn't mean it'll go anywhere lol.

And I see what you're saying Fuir, but how many people are hanging onto this game because they are addicted to finding out how to beat AV/PW? I'll give you a hint, the number rhymes with hero. Ever since AV was deemed unbeatable, people just warp out after JoL is defeated. A few LSs tried after the SE video, but after that inital rush, people stopped caring. How many people are going to quit immediately* after beating AV/PW? I'll give you a hint, what's 0 + 0 =? No one is hanging onto this game because of these mobs.

*By immediately I mean as soon as they read the words, XXXXXX defeats Absolute Virtue, they log off, delete their characters, cancel their content IDs, uninstall FFXI, and throw away all the CD/Reg Codes.

Jimbean wrote:
I thought the whole argument was that SE probably did this to avoid lawsuits which valisk already admitted to thinking was the case so what're we arguing about now?

Huh? Did I admit that? Cause if I did I take that back. I dont not think SE is changing these mobs to avoid lawsuits. I'n not saying that some idiots won't try to sue them, I'm just saying SE isn't making these changes for lawsuit puposes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:35 pm 

what i said didnt really have to do with actually succeeding in defeating AV/PW. what i meant to say is they are offering empty promises in an attempt to keep the public playing. things like stretching updates 6-8 months apart and releasing a huge amount of BS on how monsters will be nerfed is not only an exploit on people playing buy is also an attempt to get people who were once addicted and have left the game to come back in hopes of finally completing their game. Its really a matter of unethical and questionable marketting schemes by adding subliminal messages and intents with their advertisment. All i know is that SE can be sued for quite a few things and as silly as it may sound, technically you and I can sue SE for stealing the time of our life that they kept us addicted. In the end it boils down to a number of things and different possibilities. They were most probably trying to back themselves up for a lawsuit on that aspect and on the grounds of exploitation of the addiction of a populus or fishing in the public or players population to hand on just a few more months when the next update comes along and offers a bunch more new shit to keep you hooks til the next promise or update etc etc. it actually can be traced to a repeating cycle if you look back lol try it out you will actually have a good laugh and realize that "oh shit im a victim of their marketting or BS lol"

OO_SKYLINE_OO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Sir Valisk wrote:
I dont not think SE is changing these mobs to avoid lawsuits.

Sir Valisk wrote:
The ONLY reason SE is changing these mobs is because of the bad press they have recently received on a national level.

That's where I mistook it. I see now you were saying it's because of bad press, not because they're afraid of being sued.

carry on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:10 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Fiur wrote:
things like stretching updates 6-8 months apart and releasing a huge amount of BS on how monsters will be nerfed is not only an exploit on people playing buy is also an attempt to get people who were once addicted and have left the game to come back in hopes of finally completing their game.

If this were the case, no MMOs would exist. There is no "completion" of online games like this with a strong community focus. What makes cigarettes and tobacco addicting? Nicotine. What remains in cigarettes and tobacco to this day? Nicotine. This is probably a bad example because cigarette companies have been sued numerous of times but I still think it gets my point accross which is, you can't sue because you made a concious decision to try the [legal] product.

Fiur wrote:
All i know is that SE can be sued for quite a few things and as silly as it may sound, technically you and I can sue SE for stealing the time of our life that they kept us addicted.

That actually sounds beyond silly. MMOs would cease to exist if courts allowed exploits like that. Do you know how many people would play MMOs for a get rich quick scheme if they werent protected? And besides, SE is a Japanese company so you would have to sue them in Japa under their court of laws. If anything you could probably sue the NA publishing company representing SE, but not SE directly.

Fiur wrote:
They were most probably trying to back themselves up for a lawsuit on that aspect and on the grounds of exploitation of the addiction of a populus or fishing in the public or players population to hand on just a few more months when the next update comes along and offers a bunch more new shit to keep you hooks til the next promise or update etc etc.

There is an option to cancel your account at any time. No one is forcing you to play except yourself. That's the problem with 95% of Americans, we don't take personal responsibility for anything. It's always someone else's fault and we are ALWAYS the victim (see below).

Fiur wrote:
it actually can be traced to a repeating cycle if you look back lol try it out you will actually have a good laugh and realize that "oh shit im a victim of their marketting or BS lol"

Victim card, there you are! We weren't a victim of anything. We know the cycle and we know it well. 5 years well. I, and many others, play this game because I/we enjoy it, not because of promises to come. Sure updates are a bonus, but it's not what keeps people playing. It's the strong community/friends that do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:44 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

fiur your examples are a little off. Gonna SIDE WITH VALISK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Mikeycakes is just saying that to end the thread. Notice the caps part of his post. You aren't fooling me Detective Taco.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:02 pm 
Iron Chef

Sir Valisk wrote:
Detective Taco.

i lol'ed

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI