It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: Absolute Virtue, Jailer of Love, Pandemonium Warden NERFED
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 am 
Iron Chef

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnew ... 3981.shtml

Quote:
The past two weeks have seen considerable feedback from players regarding the amount of time required to combat the Pandemonium Warden, a recently implemented Notorious Monster (NM). Discussion has spread significantly throughout forums, and it has become apparent that this is indeed an issue of major unrest in the community.

We would like to assure players that the development and management teams place a high value on their feedback, and the issue has since been taken under serious consideration. Together with Absolute Virtue, it has been deemed that the combative techniques for weakening these NMs are too difficult. As a result, some players have engaged these enemies using unanticipated methods which led to extended battle times. It is by no means the desire of the development team to see players involved in encounters that require an excessive amount of time and effort to complete. It was for this reason that previous measures were put into practice which prohibited NMs from being held in battle for prolonged periods. In response to these events, we have determined that further alterations are required to prevent such battles from exceeding a certain predetermined length of time.

Included in the version update scheduled for early September will be modifications to the degree of difficulty of Pandemonium Warden (and associated pets), Absolute Virtue (and associated pets), and Jailer of Love. The aim of these changes is to create battles where a decisive outcome may be reached within a shorter period of time.

The development and management teams would like to take this opportunity to express their commitment to a healthy and wholesome game environment for players everywhere to enjoy, and to thank them for the continued feedback.

what the fuck, SE get a management change or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

No not at all.

Quote:
The development and management teams would like to take this opportunity to express their commitment to a healthy and wholesome game environment for players everywhere to enjoy, and to thank them for the continued feedback.

This is clearly SE attempting to cover its ass from any lawsuits. This was most likely was never intended initially, but forced because of news reports from cnn and yahoo.com commenting on some of these NMs SE's has put out.
If you read their news reports, they mention SE's little remember your friends family and schooling info header just as your about to enter the game. They also mock it, saying that SE clearly didn't care about its player base but more interested in keeping them playing by giving them unachievable goals.
They read it in forums about the outcry. Bullshit.

Heres proof!. Absolute virtue hasn't been beaten ( to my knowledge in any conventional way) i believe its been over 2 years since this NM has been out. And yet nothing has been about it. Its only when the bad press of people actually getting sick fighting their NM did they actually decide to do something.

Clearly Square Enix doesn't care about black people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:34 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Just out of curiosity, what is the supposed drops for Pandomonium Warden?

Something tells me the drop rate has just now been decreased significantly

+

I'm thinking it probably will also drop a synthesis material, that requires capped skill, with high frequency of failure.

Yep, glad I'm not playing this game lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:21 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

Mikey wrote:
Clearly Square Enix doesn't care about black people.

lol what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:57 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Mikey wrote:
This is clearly SE attempting to cover its ass from any lawsuits.

LAWSUITS?! You can't sue a company because you got "sick" after fighting an optional monster in a game. Especially since those who got sick neglected their irl obligations to eat/drink/sleep. I don't care how long something takes to accomplish, if you stop doing real life things that can result in injury or is vital to your health, then you're a fuckin moron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:43 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Yep, Mikey is a moron for not knowing that MMO's have pause buttons and AV/PW spamming everything under the sun can simply be trio'd in shifts and therefore allowing everyong to eat/rest as they please.

Duh guys.

And it's already been stated by SE that AV was intended to take 18+ hours to kill, Valisk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:19 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

goDeejay wrote:
it's already been stated by SE that AV was intended to take 18+ hours to kill, Valisk.

18 hours!? No thanks but thanks, and fuck that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:32 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

goDeejay wrote:
And it's already been stated by SE that AV was intended to take 18+ hours to kill, Valisk.

uhmm I thought SE kept talking about having some dev team that could do it in an hour and they would release a video of it. or did i imagine that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:41 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Sir Valisk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
This is clearly SE attempting to cover its ass from any lawsuits.

LAWSUITS?! You can't sue a company because you got "sick" after fighting an optional monster in a game. Especially since those who got sick neglected their irl obligations to eat/drink/sleep. I don't care how long something takes to accomplish, if you stop doing real life things that can result in injury or is vital to your health, then you're a fuckin moron.

I'm serious about the lawsuit. Its a company making money off this this game. They have a certain amount of responsibility when it comes to the product and the way players react to their product. Its as simple as that.

This was just them covering their asses from any "possible" chance of a lawsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:05 pm 
DL Hughley

They never said they'd make them easier exactly, they just said they'd come to quicker and more decisive outcomes, and that they relate this to the rage timer patch.

Expect 1 hour AV fights....OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:20 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

goDeejay wrote:

Uhh... No. They never said they intended it to be an 18 hour fight. Sage Sundi (who has nothing to do with development nor is skilled at this game) said that "your fight speed is wrong" and JOKED about the fight being that long when an interviewer spit out that number.

No one ever took Sage Sundi serious before because of all his epic "I don't know" responses and no actual knowledge of the game. Now when he cracks a joke based on an interviewers question, everyone all of sudden thinks Sundi's word is law and going off that. People are so gulible and hypocritical.

And MikeyCakes, people playing an optional game have the larger resposibility to say when enough is enough. You can't use a company's time sink as valid grounds for any kind of tort case.

Sir why did you rob that bank? SE made a game that requires $12.95 a month and I couldn't afford it. Blame SE.

Sir why did you go 8 days without eating or drinking and slip into a coma? I was camping Argus in FFXI and SE didn't provide adequate respawn or drops. Blame SE.

Sir why did you murder that man and severely injure 4 of his friends? They kicked me out of their perma exp pt because I wanted to hang out with my e-girlfriend for a week instead of exp. Blame SE.

tl;dr version: This game has been a timesink from day 1 and we have all known about it. You can't sue a video game company for making things too hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:43 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

valisk i think you got it all wrong lol. The quick and swift response from se tells you everything. This was a case of concern over the companies personal coffers.

First of all if SE didn't make the game or added the design aspect, this wouldn't have happened. So by going by that logic, they share a bulk of the responsibility. You make a product and its flawed a company has to assume responsibility by changing the end product or making changes or putting warning labels.
Its rather simple. I agree that people shouldn't be so stupid to go about doing something like that. But the simple fact remains. SE made the decision because it was worried about the very possibility that they may be responsible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:32 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

I never thought I'd say this but I actually agree with Valisk on this

they could've just made the changes based on people crying that those mobs are too hard to kill... if you think about it, whether it happened sooner or later, most of the stuff people bitched about they fixed or tried to.

they already have a warning label at the begining...

AND anyone can get sucked into a videogame and be playing for 18+ hours straight. How is that the game developer's responsibility? it's not a flaw, it's the way the game was intended to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:39 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Jimbean wrote:

they already have a warning label at the begining...

Yes but stuff like pandemonium completely threw people off in that statement.
I just feel like the press's sudden interest on the whole has a very heavy influence on the whole decision.

And yes se has fixed things. At almost unreasonable amounts of time has been taken to actually fix it.

You can agree with valisk all you want lol. I have a point. China taiwan, and several other countries in asia have been having issues with people and MMOs. People have even died lol. Nobody is holding a gun to them.

But .. Companies need to practice a bit more caution when it comes to releasing content that might require the player to play for sessions too long to be deemed reasonable. it is the responsibility of the player and the company

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:01 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Mikey wrote:
But the simple fact remains. SE made the decision because it was worried about the very possibility that they may be responsible.

The ONLY reason SE is changing these mobs is because of the bad press they have recently received on a national level. This made the Yahoo frontpage. I guarantee that SE wouldn't have changed a thing had the media not got involved. It's a PR move.

I don't see McDonalds, Burger King and all the other fast food chains changing their Big Macs and Whoopers into veggie burgers so that they won't be held responsible. Same thing applies here. Just like you have an option to eat that unhealthy burger, you have an option to play an unhealthy 18+ hours.

Companies shouldn't be and aren't liable for things along these lines. I agree that those mobs are flawed, but that's still no grounds to sue a company haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:04 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Mikey wrote:
it is the responsibility of the player and the company

When YOUR life hangs in the balance, I'd hope that you'd take 102% responsibility, with a 2% margin of error.

Sorry, double post and couldnt find the delete button 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:14 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Sir Valisk wrote:
Mikey wrote:
But the simple fact remains. SE made the decision because it was worried about the very possibility that they may be responsible.

The ONLY reason SE is changing these mobs is because of the bad press they have recently received on a national level. This made the Yahoo frontpage. I guarantee that SE wouldn't have changed a thing had the media not got involved. It's a PR move.

I don't see McDonalds, Burger King and all the other fast food chains changing their Big Macs and Whoopers into veggie burgers so that they won't be held responsible. Same thing applies here. Just like you have an option to eat that unhealthy burger, you have an option to play an unhealthy 18+ hours.

Companies shouldn't be and aren't liable for things along these lines. I agree that those mobs are flawed, but that's still no grounds to sue a company haha.

umm you ran into this one lol

Companies like mcdonalds have gotten sued. They even changed their menu's adding salads and various other healthier options just to change their image. Even the commercials have changed with a more active conscious to them. They even go as far as showing people the
Watch my wording very carefully on what i'm about to say.
Companies CAN POSSIBLY BE LIABLE. It is not up to our opinions and we can bicker back and forth about it lol. Its not a question of people shouldn't sue and they're stupid for doing it. Its all about liability..
The stories that hit the press could possibly inspire people to try... and then SE would have to be forced to pay to defend itself. Companies hate spending money if they don't need to.

That is what i'm really trying to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:16 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I personally would never put myself in a situation like that. I'm generally done with any game after 2 hours max. Afterwards i have to get up and move about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:00 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Mikey wrote:
umm you ran into this one lol

Companies like mcdonalds have gotten sued. They even changed their menu's adding salads and various other healthier options just to change their image. Even the commercials have changed with a more active conscious to them. They even go as far as showing people the
Watch my wording very carefully on what i'm about to say.
Companies CAN POSSIBLY BE LIABLE. It is not up to our opinions and we can bicker back and forth about it lol. Its not a question of people shouldn't sue and they're stupid for doing it. Its all about liability..
The stories that hit the press could possibly inspire people to try... and then SE would have to be forced to pay to defend itself. Companies hate spending money if they don't need to.

That is what i'm really trying to say.

The same could be said about this game. ZNMs, KSNMs, BCNMs are the salads and various other healthier options. Big Mac is still on the menu and McDonald's #1 selling product. Whoopers are still on the menu and well... Burger King names everything a Whooper. McDonald's has been sued for 180 degree coffee and not providing healthy alternatives, not because they HAVE unhealthy food on the menu cause as I stated before, they are still there.

I'm not arguing whether SE wants to get dragged into court and defend themselves, I'm just saying whoever is going against them on these grounds will lose and player/consumer responsibility is the biggest factor when protecting their own lives. You can't sue McDonalds because you chose to eat 3 Big Macs a day for 5 years and you can't sue SE because you chose camped 3 Kings a day for 5 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

*edited for content*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:46 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Where's the content?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:31 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

I once poo'd myself camping an NM.

SE should give ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:41 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I removed it because it was silly and didn't contribute to the thread. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:04 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Viviti wrote:
I once poo'd myself camping an NM.

SE should give ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

well thats your own fault jerk

and for the record lol.

Heres an example, something so off as using the a cooking oil can get you in trouble lol.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/14/news/kfc.php

Obese children suing mcdonalds.
http://www.irishhealth.com/index.html?level=4&id=4431

even if they win the case. It brings bad press bad PR. And just bad in general for a company and its outlook. SE was smart to move quickly. But it proves that they do intentionally make people wait.

Last edited by Mikey on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I gotta agree with mikey on this one. SE isnt just doing this by accident. They make this stuff harder than it has to be and the release content as slow as possible. They milk the playerbase and we all know it. Some kids just happen to get sick this time.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI