It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: mmm k, i'm back.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:45 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Just got JP FFXI installed, which means I can play again on the basis that I'll be using the game to practice japanese. I can practice Japanese during the day (besides the fact that every asshole speaks in English when I talk to them) but this way I can also practice when I don't feel like going out. Aka I just want to play a video game again. Meow.

Not sure what server I'll be on yet, still trying to figure that out. Not sure if i want to use the account i had created over the summer or a new one... hmm...

Anywho, just thought I'd announce this, though I doubt anyone cares. Kind of the only place where I can talk to people about FFXI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:16 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i care!
but
i dont play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

join phoenixdown.us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:13 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

aww, <3 whisp. whisp, dont read about Darkfall online or you might get sucked in like me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Holy shit, I didn't know this even still existed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:22 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

lol sup murph!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:45 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Hey Whisp, long time man. How are things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 am 
Even Match
Even Match

hey murph, whats up dude?

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:16 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Not much, was reading some old emails and saw the http://www.yarrthepirate.com link. Figured I see who was still around and say Hi. Tokaru says hi too ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:56 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Murph wrote:
Not much, was reading some old emails and saw the http://www.yarrthepirate.com link. Figured I see who was still around and say Hi. Tokaru says hi too ;)

Wow hi Murph! Man it's been a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:10 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Yeah so remember when Koda helped get Denchi's shit stolen the first time? Well he gave me his WoW account to use. I spent money transferring servers, buying the xpac, then he just resets the account and takes him back. Got about 2 weeks of use out of him. Guess it wasn't a huge loss, since I didn't pay anything for the account in the first place, but it's still pretty shitty. Sent me PM's twice saying other friends wanted to use the account. After I told him I was using it and didn't want to give it back since I spent money on the xpac and xfer, he just resets it and steals it back. (Probably called customer service, provided correct info, etc)

Dude is a con artist. At least I got my epic flyer from the gold on his account. Don't know what the hell his deal is, but I have no idea why anyone should trust him. I don't really care about the money I spent on the xpac and xfer, since I'm fine on money, it's just a shitty thing to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:56 am 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

At least he doesn't want to legalize drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:37 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Denchi wrote:
stuff

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Just amazing how many assholes there are in this world. Absolutely amazing.

Can't say I got fooled, because I didn't give Koda anything, he gave me his account. Just surprised he's such a fag, because he pretends to be such a nice guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:40 pm 

Sir Valisk wrote:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

That's not how it goes! You can't get fooled again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:54 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Denchi wrote:
Just amazing how many assholes there are in this world. Absolutely amazing.

Can't say I got fooled, because I didn't give Koda anything, he gave me his account. Just surprised he's such a fag, because he pretends to be such a nice guy.

That's life. You can't EXPECT people to be nice, peachy, honkey doorey. Keep your guard up and don't trust complete strangers. Yes he is a complete stranger whether you knew him for 2+ years on a video game or not.

You were fooled. Did you receive something only to get it taken away without your knowledge/permission? Then you got fooled! Stop trying to sugar coat shit. You are just gullible (which isn't in the dictionary) as fuck and just need to man up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:37 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I'm ok being the nice guy, while the the rest of the world is fucked up. I realize the world is fucked up, much like you do, but instead of giving up and coining terms such as "man up," which is just plain dumb and childish by the way, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose I could "Man up" and just be irate and untrusting. Or I could give someone a second chance, with no real consequence to myself, and hope for the best. I guess I didn't get the best, I got the dumbass. And that's all he is, he's a dumbass. That's my lesson. Koda is a dumbass. It didn't teach me about "Manning up to humanity," stop being so dramatic.

Please, respond, and be better at the internet than me. If you really think people should be expected to be awful, I'm fine with you being wrong, because you are. Offer me Valisk, I'll just delete all his stuff before you gank him back. Then I'll laugh myself to sleep, sooo happy that I wasn't gullible this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:33 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Denchi wrote:
I'm ok being the nice guy, while the the rest of the world is fucked up. I realize the world is fucked up, much like you do, but instead of giving up and coining terms such as "man up," which is just plain dumb and childish by the way, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose I could "Man up" and just be irate and untrusting. Or I could give someone a second chance, with no real consequence to myself, and hope for the best. I guess I didn't get the best, I got the dumbass. And that's all he is, he's a dumbass. That's my lesson. Koda is a dumbass. It didn't teach me about "Manning up to humanity," stop being so dramatic.

Please, respond, and be better at the internet than me. If you really think people should be expected to be awful, I'm fine with you being wrong, because you are. Offer me Valisk, I'll just delete all his stuff before you gank him back. Then I'll laugh myself to sleep, sooo happy that I wasn't gullible this time.

I could have told you not to trust koda. The kids a flake lol. Then again most people on the internet are. Especially when you aren't face to face.
But no I see it differently denchi. You thought you can trust him and you got burned. No reason for people to go down on you, pun intended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:04 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Eh, I can't disagree that I trusted him and got burned. But I just failed to see how I got shafted when I really didn't give him anything, he gave me something.

I'm just arguing semantics.

Anyways, yeah, Koda is a tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

I can understand it if he was trying to make up for what happened in ffxi by giving you his wow character and then taking it back. But you should've just been like oops my friend used your account and now all your shit's gone.. sorry. fair is fair I mean, I can see you wanting to "rise above" his level and not rip him off, but now you're here talking shit which kinda brings down you a few pegs. Bottom line is you shouldn't have trusted him to be straight with you after the first time.. and you should've definitely taken some revenge when he started pestering you for the account back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:20 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I know i kick myself in the ass for letting someone use my account. I only have myself to blame though, and i would do the same if it was my account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm 
"Kaiser or Bust!"

Denchi wrote:

And those are the people who get ran over and taken for granted. I'm not saying be a hardass 24/7 but when you don't know someone, why in the hell would you trust them with your shit. There are absolutely no consequences for him to walk off with your shit other than losing an online chat companian and those come a dime a dozen.

Denchi wrote:
It didn't teach me about "Manning up to humanity," stop being so dramatic.

I'm not the one crying on an internet forum that someone who I have never met made off with my ffxi account like a thief in the night. Man up, learn from your mistakes, and move on.

Denchi wrote:

I'm not sure what you're talking about in this paragraph or if you're even speaking English. I think people you don't know can't be trusted with valuable information. You put all your cards on the table and were at the mercy of someone that put nothing on the table. You're an idiot, we understand. I have no sympathy for people who lose their accounts in this manor. Hacked? Understood. Giving away passwords and account info because Koda gave you some good cyber? Unacceptable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Yeah I like Koda and all, but he was kicked from CKD because he wasnt someone we could trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

what did koda ever do to not be trusted? i always trusted him. i mean, sure he loved loot. but that wasn't a problem with me cause i didnt care about loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:28 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Whisp wrote:
what did koda ever do to not be trusted? i always trusted him. i mean, sure he loved loot. but that wasn't a problem with me cause i didnt care about loot.

He was doing things on the side, and screwing others over on the sideline. Some of us weren't aware of it. Plus its quite easy for koda being capable of it. He's a flake. He jumps around from game to game with no allegiance to anyone. So really it was no surprise to me. In fact after his 6th come back to the game. I just don't even say anything when he pulls the typical "i'm back to ff give me stuff so i can start off again "

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI