It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: Three Downloadable Expansions Announced for Final Fantasy XI
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:24 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/22/squar ... -final-fa/

Square Enix has announced plans to release three expansion chapters to Final Fantasy XI. Their blog post provided some details about the new content:

Quote:
The first installment, A Crystalline Prophecy — Ode of Life Bestowing, is slated for release for all languages and platforms in Spring of next year. Subsequent installments will then follow, being released in intervals of every few months. These expansions packages will only be available through online purchase via PlayOnline. The projected cost for each installment is around $10.00. ... Up until now, expansion packs have generally been developed from a perspective of 'lateral expansion,' focusing namely on the introduction of new areas. These three new expansions, however, will deepen the storylines running through pre-existing areas by ushering in all-new plots and intrigues. While not necessarily containing as much content as traditional expansions, these episodic scenarios are designed to take anywhere from one to two months to complete.

This could be kinda cool, but I have no faith in Square.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am 
Even Match
Even Match

you'll be able to download it. but wont be able to play the real content for 3 months!

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:01 pm 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

SE has really lost touch with their player base. No one plays for storyline! WTF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:23 am 
DL Hughley

Story of this one made no fucking sense but it did tie up some loose ends and explain some things from RoZ and CoP, actually ended up quite well. The love story of the gods is fully realized and no portion of the creation of the world is missing now.

Final battle is fun, and not terribly easy. While the ending was rolling I was sitting there thinking, "ok this Memoria de la stona song is good but jesus christ why can't they ever just give me the crystal theme or the original FF theme" Two fucking seconds later...FF theme in full glory for the first time in FFXI. I was floored hoho.

This expac also has some repeatable fights which you can do for chances at nice augmented gear along with a final bc prize of body armor which you customize from a list of augments. I took the heavy fighter body with enmity+5/Fast cast+5. Thing looks nice, it's white and has a little cape and hip-slung sword belt (looks HOT on Mithra...think Rogue in the old x-men cartooon).

and I don't have any idea about that "1-2 months to complete" shit. This took 3 days, players can go through CoP in a week now for christ's sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:20 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

DL makes me want to go back and finish off the end game.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI