It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FFXI > FFXIV
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:58 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Yeah, I lived in the barracks when I started playing, but I think I used Brandon's address, or I might have used OK address...I dunno. I'll figure it out if I have to. I am not going to start over haha.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:08 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I tried to get my old account information back once, but they wouldn't talk to me because I couldn't verify the billing information.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:33 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

It took me a little while. The lady was very helpful. I had several addresses during a short time. I explained the situation, but she couldn't tell me the address. What I did was list the places I lived at, I didn't remember the complete address to any, but she said if I was on the right track, and then I looked up some older stuff to find it. If the account is inactive I don't think there would be a problem. If its still active...then I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:25 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

It's not really bad to start. I just start playing it over a month and i got 5 jobs 90 already lol. Btw i'm on Leviathan server. If you want a world pass, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

lol, i started again a month ago...and am only 80, using my old character...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm 

d/ling FFXI again now. Will try to get my character back tomorrow. Have to start a new one for Kyleigh though. XIV just felt so...empty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

u better be on Odin bro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:23 pm 

I must have gotten the asshole on the phone. Kept telling me to call back once I have the proper information.

I have moved a billion times and had several different phone numbers. I don't remember any of that shit.

Looks like a new toon for me....lamegay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

Keep trying, can't hurt to try a few times until you get someone that is willing to help you out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:01 pm 

Tried a couple of times, best I got was that the number was a 904 area code...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

I know your log in letters/numbers...think your PW is changed?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:55 pm 

can try it, I think it has though

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:08 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i made a new toon, and already surpassed the old one, its not so bad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 am 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

You could redo the story lines with your wife now. That and all the good rare/ex lowbie gear doesn't matter much, since you out level it so quickly. And anything good that is lower level(swift belt) is easy to get now. Also, you get to redo all the quested magics, which are selling for a lot of money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

And we can team up for BCNMs to get Utsu:ni. That sucker is 15x more expensive than it used to be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:40 pm 

It's not about the levels or the gear haha...7 years of quests and titles...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:31 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Whisp wrote:
And we can team up for BCNMs to get Utsu:ni. That sucker is 15x more expensive than it used to be.

That scroll is such bullshit. It dropped almost 600k in one week because of assholes undercutting everyone else

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

After going back to playing FF11 for a while, I realize the #1 thing I prefer about FF11 is that the battle system is micromanageable.

In FF14, it's a chaotic mess of damage everywhere, and very little teamwork. You can tell immediately that your battle is either going to be way too easy and boring, or it's going to be utterly impossible. Otherwise, if you really think it's going to be a challenge (rare), the strategy is to throw bodies at monsters to try to win by brute force. Everyone kinda doing their own thing to the monsters or otherwise just spamming cure.

In 11, the battles are much more likely to be epic fights where you have to pull sh1t outta your a$$ to survive, and there is much more teamwork involved. The battle is slower, and thus contained in a neat little package in front of you, and you have a bazillion tools at your disposal to take the monster down. Skillchains, positioning, enfeebles, interplay between jobs, job balance, and MP/enmity management are all just about perfect in FF11.

-----

^ That ^ makes battles funner. And that's the root of the game, right? That's why we spend so much time obtaining gear and gil and leveling up and everything is to enjoy the battles, right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:23 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I agree whisp. I will admit that my most recent forray into group stuff in 14 has been that dungeon. And after running it the first time and realizing the dungeon was 95% avoiding fighting monsters, I was like "F this." haha.

To play devil's advocate, the boss fights in there, and the ifrit fight appear to require a modest amount of strategy. Or at least a lot of "stand here, then move there" strategy. But level up parties and things of that nature in FF14 maintain that zerg mentality.

Beastmen raids really disappointed me. There seemed like there was one safe camp (which was obviously taken) in that ul'dah beastman camp area, but all the other places we went in that one, and the kobold one, was a never-ending many vs many battle royale.

I enjoyed the battle pace of 11 a lot more than this one. It seems almost like they wanted to move in the direction of WoW with faster paced battles, but took it a few steps too far. haha. Hopefully they tone it down a bit.

I have decided I don't think I'll continue to play 11, however. I really enjoy it, but I'm going to try and soldier on in FF14, so we have more active members and such.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:29 pm 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

I think Whisp has a good point, its one of the things I really miss about 11. The battle system was really excellant, and I enjoyed grouping a lot.

Rid also has a good point. The most strategy I've yet to see in 14 is where one should stand in relation to the mob.

I appreciated that in 11 you had to really think about the makeup of your parties. And all the classes somehow paired together in some way. Have tank, get thief for enmity, and get a melee with provoke to help with that strategy. Get healer, get support for healer. Get third person that best works to optimize the skill chain you plan on using against your target mob. Make sure someone has a ranged attack to pull the mob.

And sure, it took long to find that ideal party, and it could get redundant but I really liked the building of small micromanaging strategies up to bigger strategies like how now multiple parties can work in dynamis.

I also liked just having all your abilities for that job available to you in a menu. Putting aside the limited bonuses of subjobs, I liked that my dragoon was a dragoon and did dragoon things. And my summoner was a summoner and summoned. I kinda get what they were aiming for in 14 but I don't like that I can never change a thing on my hotbar and play pug with the same set of abilities as my archer and not be any worse for it.

We all know that jobs are supposed to change that, but I have a very hard time wrapping my head around how jobs and classes can coexist at the same level ranges. Despite their love of challenges (or at least their pretending to on the official forums to try to look buff to strangers) people in MMO's will absolutely always go to whichever method is the quickest and easiest to achieve something.
So even if jobs can inject some ghost of the strategy that existed in 11, I don't see why anyone would use that over simply spamming wide volley on a pack of amalja every few seconds for around 1000 exp.

Why would someone be better off limiting their ability set to something class specific, when you can build an ultra character of only the best abilities on any given class?

I really hope they cap classes at 50 permanently and just move forward with jobs. The more like 11-2 HD ff14 can get the better off it can be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i just dont think anything is going to fix the game, for me, until they lengthen the battles, optimize the difficulty, increase the rewards, give us more unique tools with which to work, and really make me feel like "i beat this monster!"

5-second battles are meant for diablo, not final fantasy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 am 

Also, searching for a party shouldn't be shouting in town for it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

Btw, anyone know where i can pick up a cheap copy of FFXI for ps2? wanna DL it to my ps3. Havn't seen anything under 40 on amazon ect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:48 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Enmity management in XI is whoever has touched the mob last. I don't know what game you've been playing.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI