It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: Nasomi FFXI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm 
Eater of cow souls

https://na.nasomi.com/

In case anyone is interested, I just found out about a private server called Nasomi that has been around since 2013 and is a replication of FFXI from around a 2005~ patch (RoZ, CoP). Very easy to set up and get going and there seems to be a decent playerbase (I created a character yesterday and saw a large variety of players of different level ranges even just in Windurst).

I've been nostalgic about FFXI lately and wanted to revisit it, but after thirteen years, I know the retail version would not be the same as what I remember - this experience, so far, has been exactly how I remember leaving it.

If anyone decides to create a character, my name is Pinchface on the server - currently leveling a taru BLM.

Post subject: Re: Nasomi FFXI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:10 am 
Even Match
Even Match

You playing it now? lol, join us on FFXIV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:17 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I played around on Nasomi for a week or two but haven't logged in a while.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I came across that. Wish I could, not enough time =/

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:32 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I just rerolled on retail (asura server), having fun so far. it's an experience being able to redo old missions and the new missions, seeing where the story has gone after all these years. can do all those kinds of things solo and travel is way easier now, nice to just re-experience the game like that.

I've got less than 5 days of playtime in and am not level capped yet (I'm 95) though so can't speak of endgame. I can't imagine looking for a pt to exp and shit like that after a long day at work but it's cool just being back in that old world to dick around in. I bought a nobles tunic off AH for dirt cheap, and even found roc sitting up and solod my own healing staff, its a bit surreal.

Asura is the big NA server now, apparently it's almost the only server worth playing on for NA these days. The game is actually going on sale for $10 this month and you get a month of playtime if anyone wants to come fuck around with me, I'm still Rubyxiii in game.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campai ... ?l=wcb1805

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:33 am 
Eater of cow souls

That sounds really cool that it's so accessible now. I may subscribe soon and give it a shot, just to kind of revisit things as you have. I ended up just messing around on Nasomi for a couple days with no real intent to play it seriously.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:03 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

I reactivsted my old character, surprised I could. All the old content is easy. Can do a lot solo, but like before, best stuff you need group. But you can actually get decent gear solo and have fun running around. Much more casual. Think I'm in Odin.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:47 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Nasomi has been great so far, forsure the best 2005 era experience you can get atm. With some QoL improvements like a level sync (only up to 10 levels) that helps with making PTs but without everyone just staying in the dunes until 75. The population have been growing quite a bit, few months ago we had about 600 online during prime and now its 1000+. Everything up to CoP with ToAU jobs. Some small bugs like Gobs bomb toss does way to much damage so Gob exp PTs don't exist but nothing game breaking or really worth noting.

They also had some issues early on with dynamis dropping bills to often, this has been fixed but you will see more relics then we saw back in 05. Though the drop rates have changed and its back to normal now.

The AH is also pretty healthy, very easy to make gil selling stuff quickly on the AH (a big problem with all other ffxi private servers).

(BTW had a account here way back when but it seems to be gone now? Figured I stop by here and see if anyone from ifrit was playing on nasomi.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:37 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Rubyxii "fuck that, no poisona"

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI