It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: OMG i just creamed myself.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:56 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

So, today i didn't really have much to do today. I installed my new Video card, so i now have no problem with graphic problems. I know i don't becuase....

I SOLO'D AQUARIUS!

I know some of you are thinking

"What? It's not hard to solo aquarius? I do it all the time.."

That means either (or both)..

1. You are trying to kill my buzz and spoil my fun you mean heartless bastard, CUASE YOU ARE A BITTER PERSON AND CAN STAND NOTHING BUT OTHER PEOPLE'S ACCOMPLISHMENT YOU INSENSITIVE BLEEDING ASSHOLE.

2. You haven't seen my (new) main job isn't RDM, BLM, or NIN, it's BST.

BST means that i am only as good as my pet when it comes to killing stuff solo. Anyways, let me describe what happened.

After finishing my supper, i go to ask my BST friend (Glivan) if he wanted to camp Aquarius. He said sure. So we go to Boyahda and camp... a long time. For some reason it refused to spawn at the 2 hour limit. It took so long eventually Glivan had to leave, which left me alone. I could of gave up... BUT NO! I waited. I wasn't going to wait this long just to leave and then leave. That would be silly.

After a long amount of waiting, i saw him... Aquarius. I actively hit the /pet "fight" <t> macro to claim it... and i did. You know how most people say, "Claiming is only half the battle" THAT'S A LIE. It's easy to claim this sucker... but when it comes to killing it (as BST) Holy S is it scary.

My intitial pet died rather quickly and he was shortly after. After i charmed another pet i put up Blink and Stoneskin. A BST's best friend... There wasn't too much intresting the first 20%, until a few % after...

Apparently, i had some hate on me. It was enough for Aquarius to run at me and take away Blink and stoneskin, and after another pet (missing twice) to bring me down into the red. As you can imagine at this point i was panicing.

So this is what i've been doing everytime i charmed a pet. Made it fight Aquarius, ran away so i could barely see it, healed 15 MP, got up, and went to find another pet. I got enough so that i could DS + Cure III with a light staff. So i was safe HP wise.

Side note: I kept doing the "Heal once, then find another pet" for a while so i could recast Blink/Stoneskin/More Cures

Eventually, i started to run out of pets (Which most of them were Mandras). So what i needed was more pets... bad. I threw some other pets.... Rabbits, crabs, a crawler... THEN ALAS! THERE WAS A MANDRA SPAWNS! And some more! ALAS I'M SAVED!

Aquarius is down to about... 65% And about 10+ minutes have passed since i started fighting it. Obviously i don't want to take the chance i'm not going to have enough pets if i just let them all die. So each time i fling a pet at Aquarius, i run away, heal once, then look for a new pet, release and then charm the pet, and have it fight Aqurius, and repeat. Sometimes i didn't get to heal becuase he hits hard and pets are invaluble.

Nothing big happens until then. I'm cruising along nicely. So at this point i'd like to thank the JP RDM (Gotcha) for not being a bastard and stealing Aquarius from me.

25-30% and murphy's law sets in. I fail my FIRST MANDRA CHARM. This is after like 50+ charms. The first time it happend it didn't go too bad cuase there was no link, and i was far enough away so that i could charm it again and not get hit. The second time i got a link, and i thought i was going to die. So i tame'd one and started to run. I thought i was going to die from the mandra, becuase i was already low on health (About 325 or so) and it hit me for about 100. So after i was a good deal away from aquarius, i release, charm the mandra following me, and have it fight aquarius. FUN ISN'T IT!?

5-10% I'm shaking. Cuase i have horrid luck when i get something like this down this far, then FAILING. This, and i had pretty much no MP, in the red/orange zone, and i'm living off of Cure II's (I was smart enough to use DS again for a Cure II) I start telling Fatesealers "If i die, please get me a Raise II/III". I was running back and forth praying i wouldn't aggro/mischarm something and die. I never got out of my panic mood cuase i was always in danger.

1-5% I'm getting my hopes up, but still afraid that fatal last charm will kill me. Numerous times now and before i was close to aquarius, but it either 1. Missed me 2. Pet got to it before it got to me 3. (My Favorite) intimidated it... which i did twice

0% It's dead, and i start gloating like mad. Even though i didn't get the cloth to drop. 18k, and the fact that i solo'd that thing after alot pet swapping/juggling and killed it, is good enough for me.... besides i have all i need anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:01 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™

Good job man, sounds like quite the epic battle! Congrats! Shame no cloth though. Always next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:03 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I always wonder why beastmasters don't drag aqaurius down towards the stronger pets like a steelshell or one of the higher tier flies. hell you could charm a fly and release it and it probably wouldn't path back as it regen'd its hp.... Just my opinion though. I am aware you are probably not high enough to charm those regularly.

Anyway gratz on your accomplishment. Stuff liek that is generally exciting when you do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:10 pm 

I've only seen one BST ever do that. It was last time we all went skilling up in Boyhada, I think you were still playing back then Vurin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:11 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Well, i did this at level 65, and the mandra's in the first room are DC-EM. The ones past the small ledge would of all been T since they are tougher, and Mandra's have a resist charm trait as it is.

Not to mention, i read on a thread that someone charmed a Fly and used it in the begining, and it didn't last very long, and i didn't want to go up, charm, use 2hour, and then come back, becuase like i said, it took an usually long time for Aquarius to spawn.

Mandra's are the best pets becuase of their Monk traits (Counter and guard) and make them last longer than some other pets do..

Vurin wrote:
Anyway gratz on your accomplishment.

I'm saving this, Vurin actually gives ME a compliment...

Wow, giving away your character is like a cowboy getting his spurs taken away...

.....or leather chaps in your case..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:43 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

/cheer movien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:35 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

grats movien, its alot more exciting when you do it like that.

It also gives people an idea why stealing it from a bst is so bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:02 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Don't feel too good movien I had just gotten off posting about a very nostaglic moment of Solo PvE in Eqlive ( read it here: http://www.thescoutssanctuary.com/viewt ... ight=#7415 ) and was feeling generously warm and fuzzy towards other people's solo PvE moments of excitement. One could almost say I felt connected in some small way with what you were experiencing.

Don't worry I'm over it now.

I did hope that my being civil would at least warrant the same in return, but hey at least its easy to remember why I never liked you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:31 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Quote:
I did hope that my being civil would at least warrant the same in return, but hey at least its easy to remember why I never liked you.

Becuase maybe you have the sense of humor of a girl who just came out of a breast cancer research facility with bad news.

Look, i don't care who you are. I will joke around with Yarr, Dinav, Whisp.... infact ANYONE on this board. Cuase they know i'm just playing with them, i'm not litterly going "Yeah Yarr, tussle Rien's hair you meat packing pirate" and mean it in a hurtful way (Even though that is a horrid way to bash a gay person... actually any form of "Angry" gay bashing is). I'm aware not everyone will enjoy my brand of humor or me picking on them, but if any one responds in a "I didn't do anything to you, your an asshole and should die" attitude, should lighten up. If i really wanted to insult you, I would let you know that i didn't like you, period.

Watch HBO or Showtime and stop watching Bob Saget on PAX and think he's the greatest comedian next to galligar

Last edited by Monstercloud on Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:33 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

wow that was a great story, good job man

75 White Mage
75 Ninja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:20 am 
Tough!
Tough!

gratz Movien

I camped Aquarius the other day(Sat) with Ket, Cyn and Darkrikku we were there 6hrs and we just missed Aquarius as we arrived, we then did some skill up for 6hrs and just as we were leaving Aquarius poped, Cyntari was widescaning 24/7 so we are 99% sure this was its only pop during the 6hrs this really sucks cause i think they have changed his spawn time :( we were gonna make it a weekly thing but no chance we are camping 6hrs each time, i guess we will have to find another NM for gil (oh and he didnt drop the damn cloth anyhow, but i did get the Fran for when my RNG is high enough ^^).

Side note we may well do it this weekend too cause Cyn needs to redo her WS Trial after finding a minor bug in the system causing her to cancel the quest ; ; so we can hopefully confirm if SE have changed his pop timer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:32 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

XxAngelRiotxX wrote:
Becuase maybe you have the sense of humor of a girl who just came out of a breast cancer research facility with bad news.
lol

XxAngelRiotxX wrote:
Yeah Yarr, tussle Rien's hair you meat packing pirate
LOL

XxAngelRiotxX wrote:
I'm aware not everyone will enjoy my brand of humor or me picking on them, but if any one responds in a "I didn't do anything to you, your an asshole and should die" attitude, should lighten up.
For real

XxAngelRiotxX wrote:
I threw some other pets.... Rabbits, crabs, a crawler... THEN ALAS! THERE WAS A MANDRA SPAWN
lol i'm picturing you just flinging everything you can find at it plus the kitchen sink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:26 am 

Quote:
Yeah Yarr, tussle Rien's hair you meat packing pirate

Hahaha. Awesome. Total score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:21 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

wtf movien. Im not a pirate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:40 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

But sir...

http://www.yarrthepirate.com

ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:47 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

mo heres something to look forward to: i know you know but at 72bst/36whm you get to teleport yourself around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:29 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

And they get reraise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:30 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

swiggity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:39 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

I know a Few LSs that laugh about how they steal Aquar from bsts trying to solo it. They know who they are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:52 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

/point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:52 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Sorry Movien I didn't realize "Thanks for the compliment fag/eunuch/pussy" was high humor nowadays.

Maybe I can work it into my repertoire.

Anyway hope that this reply is all you hoped for and dreamed for. I know how excited you get when I post something to you, particularly if I seem the least bit angry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:59 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

omg movien=vurin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:08 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Vurin wrote:
Sorry Movien I didn't realize "Thanks for the compliment fag/eunuch/pussy" was high humor nowadays.

When did i use any one of those words you dimwit. If you looked closely and actually read the post instead of being the bitter "Dry british" sarcastic asshole about quitting the game that you are, maybe you would get some where.

Like i said, get a fucking sense of humor instead of acting like your own reputation is at stake. The only thing you have left with CKD or FFXI in general is this forum. So instead of acting like an asshole like you have been since you've been playing the game, relax for once and take a shot or two.

Post subject: Movien has a little dingle-dangle.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:32 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

At the risk of ruining any possible humor by explaining something consider the following:
XxAngelRiotxX wrote:
Wow, giving away your character is like a cowboy getting his spurs taken away...

.....or leather chaps in your case..

And from dictionary dot coms definition of Enunch "An ineffectual, powerless, or unmasculine man"

Now forgive me for being not up to date on the hip jive speak you youngsters use but what did you mean by your comment about my spurs and chaps if not to imply that I was a "An ineffectual, powerless, or unmasculine man"

And personally I think I was a sarcastic asshole long before I quit the game ( and you seem to agree), but for the sake of arguement I'll play along. Where exactly am I trying to get? I visit here from time to time to chat with some old friends, and I'm not likely just to leave because you've become bitter that my attitude wormed its way into the hearts of CKD, and yet your attitude has made you good for some cheap laughs and not much else.

Should Tooyooo and Whisp leave as well? After all they don't play anymore and weren't even with CKD for very long. I don't know about them, but I'm assuming like me they were asked to stay and keep in touch. After all we were buddies in CKD. And its unfortunate we don't play together anymore, but that doesn't make those who still play like us any less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:41 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

lol you guys you are so f'ing alike, you are arguing about arguing lol

and, yes, vurin did worm into our hearts at some point

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI