It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:57 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: Japanese people friggin suck
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:16 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I was just seeking for like 2 hours early morning. like 5AM - 7AM. And I was the only Pld seeking, no other Pld's or Ninja's really on around my level. room for a PERFECT party. Whm, Rdm, Blm, Rng, Thf, Pld. All had good equip, all level 59. They'd been seeking for about the same amount of time as me. But alas... "JPN ONRY."

Jpn onry? suck my balls. I hate these japanese people. I can even speak japanese (at least enough to get by) and there's room for a great PT. At least they could be making decent to good XP instead of sitting around spitting out "Jpn Onry." bah! BAH!! Friggin hate em. Perma parties are looking nicer and nicer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:31 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

lol make your own pt man, or atleast pretend to be jp lol thats what i do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:25 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I did try to make my own PT, that was the problem. I asked a ton of people, I asked them in Japanese. but because I couldn't type in hiragana they wouldn't accept, hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:54 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

You are funny, in other post you said JP had helped you with most of your AF but now they ditched you.

Then you can't get a pt with them and you said they suck. Good thing they don't read CKD board otherwise the ones who helped you probably will be sad just cuz some of their ppl suck :(.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:44 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

/emotion

Well most Jpn are nice. In reality, why would Hozix even talk to me? And make me staves for cheap either? He's a nice guy. Same with the jpn guy that made me all my armor since level 5. He's teh pimp.

I'd seen jpn people say "Jpn only." Maybe a few out of the pack, but I'd just never seen it like i did last night. There was room for a really good PT, and every single person I asked denied a PT because I was english. It just pissed me off, it doesn't change my opinion of japanese people hehe, just bad luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:57 pm 
Japanese Ambassador
Japanese Ambassador

JP ONLY actually means I only speak Japanese. They just don't know how to write it out fully. You'll see a few ppl with search comments that say "Sorry I only know little english" or "I can't speak english", they have more skills then the avg JP. It's just a convention that caught on, like how everyone does <insert item/location here>: O or X. Same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:03 pm 
The Last Dragoon
The Last Dragoon

Actually, I'm not sure what's going on out there. But, i think many jp people have caught on that NA people think that "Jp Only" is primarily viewed as a semi racist remark. So, many have changed to using "I don't speak any english" to politely refuse. This is another reason that i think when you use the phrase "I don't speak any japanese", many pacific players will not respond because they think you are trying to politely refuse.

The worst type of player you can actually see out there is actually one that has "English X" because those are just asses.

As for Denchi, I feel for you. Your 2 hours lfg kind of sums up my drg since lvl 58. However, one thing that might help you when inviting people is rank. Usually, people are behave better to higher rank players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:22 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

I feel your pain Denchi. 3-4 times i've not been invited to a party (Even though they asked me) becuase i said "(I do not speak japanese) PT ok" No other reason.. nothing else said.

Though if your around lvl 61, tell me and i'll gladly be the damage dealer for the party....

....my sniper rings are collecting dust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:48 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

English=X
CKD=X
THANKYOUFELLOWCHEESEBURGERS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:52 am 
Will Rant for Gil

XxAngelRiotxX wrote:

Wow, that sucks...

You keep running into me in San d'Oria, Movien.... But all you do is /wave and run.. lol Not very talkative huh? :P

Hey Yarr, haven't seen ya around in a while :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:20 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Yeah Denchi i got that worst when i was a SAM but with my BRD Job Trait of "Party Finder+1000" i find pt np. now i just /tells of "Difeecs sdaf sdf" then i say "OK" and i get a invite lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:04 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Yarr wrote:
English=X
CKD=X
THANKYOUFELLOWCHEESEBURGERS

wwww orz^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:56 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

LagunaFFVIII wrote:
XxAngelRiotxX wrote:

Wow, that sucks...

You keep running into me in San d'Oria, Movien.... But all you do is /wave and run.. lol Not very talkative huh? :P P

Well, last night i ran into you, i was doing BCNM 20 with some people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:25 pm 
Will Rant for Gil

awww and ya didn't gimme a yell. :(

I was about to go logging in Ghelsba. Needed some Arrowwood and uhhh.. well, since I'm cheap and can make other lumber for profit, I log my own logs instead of buying at the guild most of the time. Hehe

Heh. Anyway, if you wanna do some BCNM40 or something, I'm up for a try at it with my 40whm. Or any other anything (Garrison, etc. etc.) if I'm not busy. :D

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:16 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

OMG YARR!!!!!! you need to go to Hardees (Carles Jr.) get a double Thickburger...OMFG MMMM MMMM BITCH!!! 2 1/3 lb patties.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:24 pm 
Will Rant for Gil

/em drools.
And here I had McDonald's for lunch. :(

I guess that's what happens when someone says "I'm going to McDonalds, Anyone want anything from there???" and you reply..... Oh well. For Shame on Me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:19 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

This thread started somewhere... where did it go? ;p

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I started smn and have gotten 90% of my PT invites from Japanese. Like Itto was saying, if you automatically use the auto-translate feature they'll assume you're refusing nicely. What I did when a tell came in full of squigles was say OK and that I didn't speak Japanese very well (in romanji x.x) and if that was all right with them. It usually is. Its just easier with a PT that you can actually fully understand what the hell is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:30 pm 
Will Rant for Gil

Reinheld wrote:
(in romanji x.x)

Makes it harder on people like me that don't even know that much. Communication barrier sucks, big time. People complain all the time that we can't type in JP characters like that, but the starting point would be learning the language. :(

Any idea where (like, a website or something) one might learn Japanese. A site with correct usage would be best, if it exists. Not even sure if one exists that would teach how to correctly use the language.

(Maybe I'll just go take some classes on Japanese when I go back to college...... /sigh)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:54 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

umm... yeah japanese isn't that hard. I just took 3 years of it in High school. I dunno what you coudl do to learn it. My brother has learned it all on his own, watching anime, books, he went to japan, and although I know a lot more structure than he does, he knows a lot more common conversation. I end up asking him a lot.

I say just pick up a good dictionary and a good beginner book and go from there. You shouldn't have too much trouble picking up basic phrases and getting by.

The dictionary I have is made by Random House. it's Japanese - English and English - Japanese. I'd highly recommend it if you can find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:09 pm 
Will Rant for Gil

mmm..cool
I'll have to see if I can find it.

I still will probably try to pull off some college classes if possible.

They didn't offer anything but Spanish, French, and German in my high school. :( I took French (3yrs) and Spanish (2yrs) ... Not that I remember a damn bit of it. On the other hand, I never use those. I could use Japanese in FFXI, so I could, of course, use it almost daily. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:12 am 
". . ."
". . ."

I pretend to be JP when my PT sucks =D
That way i have an excuse when i try to get them killed, or why i dont talk to them.
"WHY ARE YOU PULLING THINGS TO THE GROUP!?!?!?"
"{I dont speak English} ; ;"

Btw...this thread makes me hungry o_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:56 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

denchi, we have PT'd together. my mother is japanese and i was born near tokyo. i think you fine peeps. /hugs!

sandy rank 9
zilart 8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:25 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Frankly i will try and search for jpn parties THEY KICK ASS! in kahzm i think i was in a jpn party throughout all of kahzm lvled fast as hell^^ lol
jpn ppl kick ass as far as partys and they are very nice when they actually help you.

well thats my 2 cents not that anyone would care anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:43 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Quote:
jpn ppl kick ass as far as partys

Sorry, but i have to disagree with you there. I've had several bad JPN or JPN run parties.

A JPN PLD started a party, and me (being the desperate DRG i was) immedetly joined.

When we got to Boyahada tree, it was just horrid. The PT consisted of 2 DRG PLD RDM WHM and i think a BLM.

The PLD did not provoke... well, he did, but it was once. He used Berserk.... BERSERK! WHY!? WHY THE HELL WOULD A PLD USE BERSERK... he didn't use flash, he didn't pull the monster off of the mage... i believe the RDM died, then another fight later, the WHM died (or maybe the BLM..)

A few people said screw it, and we made a new party...

Another party in Cape Terrigan, a JPN party could NOT get past 1k per hour... it sucked.. so much ass... i felt like i was in Valkrum dunes or something..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:47 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

the playing field really is leveling. Once you get to 65+ japanese groups arnt allways SO MUCH BETTER. I mean sometimes you get into a really nice group... but I run into really good NA groups too.

When we first started playing in lower level japanese groups with our newbies and their experianced players it sure was better. Then again when some newbie plays with a full group of low level ckd you can bet your money they are thinking just how kick ass high level NA players are.

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI