It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: The story of the Major NA linkshells on Ifrit.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:12 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

We are going to have a lot of time on our hands tomorrow while the patch is being done so lets have some fun.

Lets figure out how we got to where we are now. I'll start things off.

In the begining there were very very few big NA linkshells because well.... We couldnt afford the 10k for the linkshell. The first major linkshells to pop up were "Friends" and "Brothers of Alanta" I think those were the names. I wasnt in them. I was with my DAoC linkshell Orney Sheep.

So what were the orignal linkshells? What happend? Why did they fall apart? What linkshells did they turn into? What linkshells did those turn into?

I think most of the Friends ls went into BoA and then Pirotess started Hokuten because of some drama between him and Maji. I joined Hokuten because Crayon talked me into it. Thats where it all started for me. I didnt really want to join Hokuten because I hated spanky(Wang) a ton. He was a no skill assnewb from DAoC who went to FFXI because no one really liked him in DAoC haha.

So how did we get the major linkshells we have now? lets use this thread to track the evolution of linkshells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:32 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

well the first ls i had was into KFC (kentucky fried chocobo) it started out big and just kind of wore down after the leader took a break from game, everyone went off and made their own ls. dont remember any of the names, except for ADT and firestarters, but then the leader came back and so did everyone else, just recently the leader quit and kfc became exulium, thats currently ran by ambroise..

i was a HUGE linkshell jumper back in the day. ive been in soo many linkshells i couldnt even tell you.

but basicly i got sick of having 20 linkshes so i started my own. PopVanadiel, it was orange... the hottest orance ever. like the samuraipizzacats ls. thats laster for a long time. and then one day everyone was gone! i happened to see one of my member walking around sandy with a red ls on. facepeice. i asked him what was going on, and it turns out morbious (the co-founder of my ls, the main head guy next to me) went off and made his own ls and recruited everyone in the ls except for me. that linkshell was called "CrimsonBlades" and its still a linkshell today. will all the same people in it. i think they do dynamis raids now.

but anyway, i had some huge gender confusions between me and my linkshell, so thats why everyone left.. my sister used to play my guy alot. kinda like how gilsellers do. just we didnt sell gil. so like my whole ls thought i was a girl, and one day i told them i was a guy, they didnt belive nor understand that me and my sister played. soon after that my sister moved out and quit. so once again i was left linkshelles..

i began my habbit of LS jumping once again. FetalObceneties (montoia), Ultima (izm and rowans ls), Jadedrequiem (archmage) TaruTitans (luigi started that, i was the co-founder for them) then luigi quit and i left, and ls fell apart.

this goes from a little after i first arrived in jeuno, untill now, and even with what i have mentioned, ALOT is missing. so many linkshells will go un-named either because they sucked, or i simply do not remember.

but as of right now i have 2 linkshells. LittleGarden (lazyazn) and Exulium (ambroise)

im sure tomorrow ill remember a whole buncha morea stuffa. not like anyone is gona read my posts anyway, but hey. its fun and i can pretend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:39 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

My first linkshell was Mystic Dragon Clan. Grimblade was the leader. It was where I met the best people I know today. Although I don't like some of them now, It was the greatest LS I have ever been in. Sadly it broke, I'm not sure why exactly, but there was alot of drama between the higher lvl people and then one day it was no more.
So I started using my TTK(The Three Kingdoms) pearl (When it was yellow and Sama was leader) Which I had in my storage from when It was a small ls of friends. and then it split into two LSs due too some disagreement between the 2 leaders and became what everyone knows today as TTK (blue) and FinalDestination (yellow). I joined the blue TTK, but later drama happend, Long time members were kicked for no reason at all and I left and then they became the HNM LS that you all know today. And now I have my own LS, BCNMfate, thats only a about 4 or 5 consistant members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:40 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

My first real linkshell was aspersomething the original ls headed by dal. Hccmike i think remembers, he was there.
I was pretty much a no name for a long time... I think spaz the rdm/nin invited me into hokuten. From there i met yarr. And noticed the way he spoke and threw out the pearl afterwards lollolol. But.. whisp kinda brought me in while he was still in hokuten too. So i asked piro himself to give me a pearl again and pretended to act like i didn't throw it out. just somehow misplaced it haha.
Anyway lol, yarr had a fight with piro, piro went nuts, yarr didn't care and somehow dragged me along with him lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:42 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol what did I say to make you quit Hokuten? I dont even remember you being in Hokuten. I mean I do at the very end but you never talked. I remember you from the Perma group not hokuten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:44 am 
Eater of cow souls

i only really ever had 3 linkshells.

1. i made on my own as a lv20 something warrior
2. FIREandICE
3. FateSealers

once i got fs i just used that till the end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:44 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

The first LS I was in was "friend." Some Tarutaru in Windurst approached me and just said "Here! Take a Linkpearl!" And that was that. Friend was started by Ganamena I'm pretty sure to welcome in NA players I'm pretty sure (ironic, no?). But half the time I couldn't equip the pearl becuase it was always full and I eventually shelved it in place for a few friendships and the LS named "Hellsing". Hellsing was your run of the mill no-name LS, but I loved it while it lasted Aegisbluestar was with us for a brief time. Due to inactivity** I moved on to Forsaken when Arnwulf and Xeal (God bless there souls) took me in.

**During Hellsings inactivity I picked up a TheVigil pearl, where I first met Rubyxiii, Rorshach, and some other Ifrit heavy hitters. I never was on TheVigil that much, I can't remember alot of their member base.

Forsaken started with a group of friends that came from another came of which name I forget. Some of the core members were Domien, Alraike, Garrah, Corwin, Myskhal, Elfstone, Cyris, Naiobi, Shadowknight, Chauie Dalrion, Seilin, and Viscica. You'll notice Elfstone call Corwin by his first name "jek" or w/e, which was what I think handle in the last game (Corwin, I'm sure you can clarify :p). Forsaken had the promise to be a great LS, but again due to inactivity and lack of turnover recruits Forsaken eventually disbanded and was absorabed by FateSealers. Some two weeks before the merger I asked Kirakun about his LS ChaSiuBao started by Kayel I think. Well, in order to do Zilart Missions, Kirakun extended an invatation during our Linkshell's massive rush to sky. I think I got sky access at some ridiculous level like 62. I was practically a member by the time we made it to sky, and then Fatesealers swallowed up the rest of Forsaken. I miss Cyris, Myskhal, and Corwin to death, sometimes I wonder about that decision, haha

Anyway, CSB is what we call a 'family' sort of LS. Not too big on drama, but not too busy either. We love each other, so we work out our problems together instead of shouting matches. I'm not to clear on the history of our LS prior to when I joined.

I virtually know nothing about the formation of TheMonarchy, TheThreeKingdoms, Valour, or Melior. While I was in Forsaken I was pretty removed from the mainstream goin-ons of Ifrit save for these stupid forums which I've whored for just about forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:49 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

was anyone in Purgatory? i was in it for like 2 days and then it died, koga dnt eh leader both quit... and i jes saw koga running around jeuno the other day and said hes starting it up again.. i didnt know if purgatory was ever well known.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:51 am 
The Original Dark Knight™

My first Linkshell was ZodiacBrave with Johnpaul, Lars, Ambroise, Disgaea, Lakeoffire, and some others who came and went. My first friend I'd made on FF was Natsuki, a mithra thief that quit when she hit level 30 and I was a level 50+ Dark Knight. The LS I was in after that was Nephilim with Loranne, Volrath, Mintsy, Claudia and a few others that might still play.

Next was Coldfusion, where I joined with Peejo, Itto, Kailyn, Eviltaru. Qbomb, Gilzz, Murph, Obelisk were a perm group much like mine, and basically that LS was founded on our two perms helping each other out with crap like AF. I got tired of how quiet it always was and LS hopped for awhile doing my own thing.

And then I joined CKD a few weeks or so after it was made, I think. Not really sure. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:59 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Yarr wrote:
lol what did I say to make you quit Hokuten? I dont even remember you being in Hokuten. I mean I do at the very end but you never talked. I remember you from the Perma group not hokuten.

I was there just, its difficult to speak when all i saw was this.

Yarr: I"M SORRY MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN AND THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SPEAK
Yarr: LETS GO DO SOMETHING I'M BORED AND 30% BETTER THAN YOU.
Yarr: I"M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU GUYS SPEAK UP... REALLY I SWEAR MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN
Mikey: hi ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:03 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Reinheld wrote:
My first Linkshell was ZodiacBrave with Johnpaul, Lars, Ambroise, Disgaea, Lakeoffire, and some others who came and went. My first friend I'd made on FF was Natsuki, a mithra thief that quit when she hit level 30 and I was a level 50+ Dark Knight. The LS I was in after that was Nephilim with Loranne, Volrath, Mintsy, Claudia and a few others that might still play.

Next was Coldfusion, where I joined with Peejo, Itto, Kailyn, Eviltaru. Qbomb, Gilzz, Murph, Obelisk were a perm group much like mine, and basically that LS was founded on our two perms helping each other out with crap like AF. I got tired of how quiet it always was and LS hopped for awhile doing my own thing.

And then I joined CKD a few weeks or so after it was made, I think. Not really sure. Haha.

yeah rein your perma group was the first group of non hokuten people to put into the ls. when I created CKD i had every intention of putting your perma group in there. Actually, I wanted all the top players of the first NA generation. I was really trying to seperate the new from the old players and the good from the bad. I hated how all the best NA players were all spread out in different linkshells. I felt like it was wasted talent. I wanted to bring all the best players together to start doing things. The game had been out for like 6 months, it was time NA players started to take on NMs with the big boys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:05 am 
I Cheat at FFXI.

So yea, any of you remember Harmony? =p whm

http://www.myspace.com/hccmike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:08 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

holy crap yes i do hcc.

That bitch hit lvl 25 whm and quit the game first month cause she didn't want to pay for the next month hahahah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:08 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Brethren of Altana with Laylaa the bitch(first person I didnt like in the game lol) in there with some of the more famous people on Ifrit.

dropped that pearl cause Laylaa annoyed me too much, joined "Friend"

got bored, too many people in that LS.

Kayne got me a hokuten pearl....was in there forever.

Hokuten broke....Yarr approached me in Jeuno, gave me a piss yellow pearl, and been the tokin lowbie ever since. Also i hung onto the puke green pearl for a bit. Till I had a fight with Piro and tossed my pearl lol.

Anyways, yeah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:36 am 

I never ever wanted to be in Hokuten. Largely because I know my personality wouldn't fit right with his. And I'd probably have been kicked within days if I ever did join. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:43 am 

I was in Joing of Six when I first started out unti labout level 30 when I joined FateSealers on my Galka Dark Knight until level 51. Then I made Pix which I use to this day. I joined CKD at level 70 BLM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:44 am 
Even Match
Even Match

haha friends...
I was given a pearl to that by a yeasty elvaan named lordandrew.
I accidently miss placed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:57 am 

lol Yeasty Elvaan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:02 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

hm the first major ls I was ever in was SpiritsWithin along with Katariana, Letidant, Reorn, Yoshimiro and some others who are still kicking. It kinda died when the 2 leaders took an extended break.

That shell always kinda meant something to me, maybe 'cause I was in it while I still had my ffxi innocence XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:32 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Reinheld wrote:
lol Yeasty Elvaan.

one of two elvaan flavors.. yeasty and dhamel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:13 am 
Creator of the Longest Thread!

Odenswrath
i think the leader was Leogarde.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:33 am 
IS SO RETARDED
IS SO RETARDED

lets see

friend - made a racist joke and was kicked

friend again - made fun of angelix and was kicked

mysticdragonclan - totally forgot about that ls until hobbes mentioned it, i was in it for a bit cant remember why i left though.

enemy - ald made this i was in there for eternity

Zoso - omg my own ls. i had like 50 people in it in there 50s but i was a dumb ass and fucked it up, i coulda been yarr jr.

Purgatory-i was in this with my static perma thing for awhile, for some reason my memory is fuzzy about a good span in FFXI i cant figure out why but o well. i joined this after my ls broke and enemy was broken.

Hokuten-hurray for being kicked out weekly by pirotess!

mordana - was in there for my final days before i quit

XxOMEGAxX - after coming back this was the LS that i got into first and have stayed in since i have been back.

anyway part of that is out of order because i forgot the order but you get the gist, its late im tired lol so im not making 100% sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:26 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

i can't believe TTK is a big hnm ls now

i guess i left ffxi right at the point before TTK became le uber

that's too bad too, i would've kept playing if i knew they would be awesome lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:47 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

DemonSlayers(sp?)- the leader was Mirza i think Runefury, Taragotan, and Johnpaul was also in this shell

SpiritsWithin - this is one of my best LS i have been in. I remember Katariana, Warsuha, Letidant, Yoshimiro and Kwechi were in it also

next i was in some random crappy LS

I dont remember the name of my next LS but it was ran by Ssteven for about a month until there was alot of drama with Mirza which cause him to break the LS

SilentAssassins - basicly all the ppl from Ssteve's LS came here i met alot of new ppl here also like Bloodseed, Bloodrain, Venicia, Deitre, Dozi, ect...

joined another crappy LS, dont remember the name or the ppl, all i remember is that the pearl was black :o

FateSealers - Still in FS to this today this, its my best LS i have had and it will prolly be my last LS too. I met alot off interesting funny ppl here. leader of FS was Vaelen and now its Chanalix, both of them have great leadership skills. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:09 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I've yet to be in a 'major NA' LS but my first NA LS was 'Explorers' which I joined right before it crumbled, then I went on to 'MogKnights'(Izmael) which then became 'Namakemono'(Yuusho) and the latest LS is 'HighQuality'(Llewelyn/Llydia). We all love to craft and those who aren't crafting are probably leveling BST, lol.

Rahstenthought - 97 Cook(+2)
Rahstenspace - 51 Goldsmith(+1)
Rahstenfound - Upper Jeuno Bazaar Whore
<script language="javascript" charset="shift-JIS" src="http://takayu.sakura.ne.jp/xi-prof/js/id450e10ef80caa.js"></script>
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI