It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:08 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:57 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Yarr wrote:
Balidorn wrote:
Really bitter that I quit now.........

Why? Because they added new spells and abilities to jobs? That doesnt help the game.

Until SE does something about the three kings, the game will forever be broken.

Bitter that I never got a chance to see the new abilities. Bitter enough to come back though? No. Personally I feel it's all coming too late in the stages of the games evolution. It's been around for what, 3 years-ish?

And I agree about the 3 kings. SE really screwed up with that crap. They should have just made all kings, HNM, and gods instance based like BCNM's. It would have prevented SOOOOOO MANY issues. Not only that but it would prevent people from throwing bodies at mobs. It would prevent your 3hr kirins, it would make botting less relevant and therefore less prevelant, and finally people wouldn't be so bitter towards each other and actually enjoy the god damn game.

Retired- FF11 / WoW / Rift / SWTOR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:00 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

Balidorn wrote:
Yarr wrote:
Balidorn wrote:
Really bitter that I quit now.........

Why? Because they added new spells and abilities to jobs? That doesnt help the game.

Until SE does something about the three kings, the game will forever be broken.

Bitter that I never got a chance to see the new abilities. Bitter enough to come back though? No. Personally I feel it's all coming too late in the stages of the games evolution. It's been around for what, 3 years-ish?

And I agree about the 3 kings. SE really screwed up with that crap. They should have just made all kings, HNM, and gods instance based like BCNM's. It would have prevented SOOOOOO MANY issues. Not only that but it would prevent people from throwing bodies at mobs. It would prevent your 3hr kirins, it would make botting less relevant and therefore less prevelant, and finally people wouldn't be so bitter towards each other and actually enjoy the god damn game.

well put..

FFXI - Yurichan: 75THF(Ret) / SC2 - Lawncare / XBOX - Zombie Sharks / PS3 - Zombie_Sharks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:13 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

The Ulli spawn condition changed is it spawns from each mob in the room I've heard. Anyone else know anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:07 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

The 3 kings are in BC form, they just drop garbage compared to their 21-24hr counterparts. :? I think the biggest smack in the face is the lack of a title. (for me anyway)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:55 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Tilo wrote:
The 3 kings are in BC form, they just drop garbage compared to their 21-24hr counterparts. :? I think the biggest smack in the face is the lack of a title. (for me anyway)

when they made the 3 kings into BCNM.... they should have kept the drops the same. Difference is instead of having a whole ls to kill KB, Nid, Adaman.... you now have only 18 people and it's timed (just like god mode on the regular pops).

Don't get me wrong, SE did a nice job with the game in general (going off of when it came out and not on current times as it is now sorely out of date), but they SERIOUSLY fucked up when it came to HNM/Gods/Kings vs. BCNM. Had they made everything instance based like bcnm's to begin with then they would have solved many problems before they even started. Hell, just imagine if dynamis was instance based (it's not because a zone can only be occupied by 1 group of people at a time where as a BCNM can have multiples going on at once).....

Imagine if SE had made everything instance based- or atleast made every HNM/King/God like this.... this game would have been sufficiently better than what it has become.

Hopefully SE, Blizzard, or some other company will get it right in the future. Some MMO's coming out late this year and mid-next year that have me somewhat interested so we'll see if I pick up another MMO in the future, but for now I'll wait and see what pops up.

Retired- FF11 / WoW / Rift / SWTOR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 am 
The Original Dark Knight™

Seems like they should have just made more servers, and have made English only servers. The endgame community could only handle a small population of capped players. I was going to say how the best time to play was when the original NA community on Ifrit hit 75, but really, us originals never saw a king claim til way after all the slower levelers caught up. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:15 am 
Spammer, to the max!

let me know if you wanna get huxley when it comes out. I'm way interested into trying that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:58 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

If anyone was wondering, especially Rein and Trace, Dark Knight is now overpowered to the point of broken. As a Level 70 DRK, I was consistently draining 40-60 TP off Dynamis mobs and outdamaging half of the Level 75 melees there. I hit a couple 90%+ TP drains, but due to the casting time (4 seconds), it's not possible to self-skillchain. It takes a bit of skill to know when the mobs have the most TP available to drain, and if you mistime it (right after they use a TP move), you get jack. DRKs have a capped Dark Magic Skill of 269 which can be taken up to around 319ish with full Dark Magic+ gear, and thanks to Dark Seal, Stun can be landed on mobs it was previously unlandable on (I heard it was landing on Kirin).

Each merit put into Desperate Blows gives 5% haste on last resort, confirmed up to 15%. I don't know much about Muted Soul or Diabolic Eye yet.

loleveryothermeleebutdrk.

Oh, and I got my second piece of AF2 today. That's probably a record...two AF2 pieces on a total of 4 Dynamis runs in my entire life. Ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:08 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Ah, thanks for the info, Feep. I actually logged on today, bought myself Absorb-TP, and went out and had some fun with it. Out of about 9 Absorbs, 5 of them were 20-22tp, 2 were in the 30-40 range, and 2 were about 80ish. Needless to say, I can't believe SE hasn't nerfed this yet. And being able to merit the 2H weapon haste with Last Resort up to 15% is really wow. Since you can get Last Resort to last up to 45 seconds with AF2 boots.

I have AF2 gloves, so my Dark Magic is capped at 274. The thing I'm most curious about is how well Muted Soul works. Since Souleater is pretty much a death wish.

[DRK]75 [BLM]75 [WAR]75
[San d'Oria] Rank 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:37 am 

That's great to hear DRK is finally overpowered without much effort. I remember how hard I'd have to try to outdamage BLMs in my party. Or just dealing with Kayne in general. Haha. I'm not sure if I'm still paying for FFXI or not, maybe I'll log in or something and try to get a party.. but, then I would have to install it again.

But, why be afraid to use Souleater? Granted, it's a pain in the ass if you have a cry baby healer. Just tell your WHM or SMN or whatever passes as a healer these days to cure you and to STFU. You spent 90 million on gear to fufill your role, the WHM didn't. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:47 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Rein, that's honestly easier said than done. The new generation of players is so shitty, that you ask for Posiona, and they cure you instead. If you tell your healer you're about to use Souleater, so be prepared to dump cures on you, they'd whine about MP, them pulling hate off you with constant cure bombs, etc. I've honestly never met such shitty players in my FFXI career. Although, Cover would fix things right up. But getting the PLD to use Cover, much less on you, is a miracle in itself. That's pretty much why I never use Souleater unless it's to shave off the last 20-25% of the mobs HP. In which most cases, the whm says "Wtf???"

Don't get me wrong though, there's still good players out there. They're just not noticable with all the lazy jackasses who got to 75 as rank 4 and don't even know what sky is.

If you have 90mil worth of gear on your DRK, you better be wearing some fucking crazy gear lol. I've got maybe 15 or so mil in my WAR and DRK gear combined.

[DRK]75 [BLM]75 [WAR]75
[San d'Oria] Rank 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:21 am 

Yea, I don't even play anymore and my gear is about 90 million with inflation. Haha. Yay for Alk Bracelets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:42 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

What's your gear setup and prices? I'm really curious how you have 90mil into DRK shit. Here's mine just for Comparison. Only going to name off the more expensive stuff. Nothing under 200k.

Woodville's Axe: 2mil
Tabarzin: 400k
Hauberk: 3mil
Assault Earring: 800k
Minuet Earring: 500k
Sniper's x2: 2.8mil
Chivalrous Chain: 1.4mil
Amemet+1: 1.2mil
Company Sword: 700k
Bomb Core: 800k

I also have an Adaman Celata, if you want to count that, the Cursed Item is 500k, Also have a Walahra Turban, which set me back about 1.5mil.

12,900,000 altogether. I feel kinda like a cheap ass now.

[DRK]75 [BLM]75 [WAR]75
[San d'Oria] Rank 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:42 am 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Wow some DRK updates finally :shock:

I hope it make it back home before SE nerfs absorb TP lol.

So with Absorb TP, it is fairly easy now to actually prevent or delay a mob from WS'ing? How effective can this be on wyrms and HNM? The amount of TP absorbed is based on Current mob's tp and DRK's dark magic skill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:54 am 
Even Match
Even Match

tracezero wrote:
Rein, that's honestly easier said than done. The new generation of players is so shitty, that you ask for Posiona, and they cure you instead. If you tell your healer you're about to use Souleater, so be prepared to dump cures on you, they'd whine about MP, them pulling hate off you with constant cure bombs, etc. I've honestly never met such shitty players in my FFXI career. Although, Cover would fix things right up. But getting the PLD to use Cover, much less on you, is a miracle in itself. That's pretty much why I never use Souleater unless it's to shave off the last 20-25% of the mobs HP. In which most cases, the whm says "Wtf???"

This reminds me of my old perma party, me whm, tav nin, jabrinya brd and wackoj as drk. me and wackoj would secretly plot to rip hate off Tav when he wasn't expecting it, he'd stack up souleater/last resort/sneak atttack and unleash a guillitone then i'd run up and flash/holy/benediction and start running lol.

We used to laugh our heads about it, especially when the two extra people we got into the party were like "wtf is your whm doing kiting the mob, bring it back here so we can kill it!"

That was such a great perma, from around level 45 onwards we stuck together, three of us levelling a second job and looking forward to milestones such as

getting double attack/flash/souleater/carnage elegy/blade:jin/nobles tunic/unlocking senjinkjukuiuirurroro/getting to wear that optical hat (even me on whm, I wore mine for the hell of it lol)

We never really tried hard to be the uber party that gets 12k/hour xp, but we managed to anyway sometimes just by relaxing and having fun, if Jabrinya wouldn't pull because of low mp i'd go and grab something with dia II instead and let Tav solo it just to annoy him. Too bad really that that was the most fun I had in the game and everything afterwards just seemed to pale in comparision to it.

If I could go back to a ffxi where I just had to log on into our perma party for 3 hours then log out again, then I would do it, but that's a dream that will never be realised.

Anyway, update looked mildly interesting, those whm JAs abilites that are like a cross between divine seal and souleater would have suited me and wackoj perfectly for stealing the mob off the tank but not really bothered about new fights/hnms or gear or any of that malarky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:41 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Actually, some people messing around in Ballista said that the amount of TP the DRK drain is not the amount of TP the mob loses; i.e., some DRK drained 53 TP off a Paladin but the PLD only lost 17. This makes sense, I guess, otherwise you could get an Absorb-TP order going and keep a mob from ever using TP.

Still overpowered. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:20 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Quote:

lol, you must've had to deal with some shitty WHMs. I always made sure the DRK was hasted when they use Soul Eater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:39 pm 

Uh, it's been over a year. So. Bear with me. The plus STR rings are Fire Rings right? Had a few of those. Had some hecatomb shit for quick swapping, adaman everything except legs, alkys, balmung, and I can't really remember what else. Some sort of scythe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm 

And what's funny is that when I got my cursed stuff made, it was alot more expensive than what it is now. Cursed Mufflers I paid almost a mil for. Haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:10 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Caduceus wrote:
lol, you must've had to deal with some shitty WHMs. I always made sure the DRK was hasted when they use Soul Eater.

It's not just WHMs. In fact, it's more RDMs than WHMs. I don't even really have to explain it, think of anything a RDM can do wrong, and that's what they do. And I never get Haste on my DRK. Mages don't haste anybody unless they're dual wielding.

Prices at one point jacked up really high, slowly but surely, they're coming back down. Hauberk dropped from 4mil to 3mil in a week, Igqira Weskit is 600-700k right now, the list pretty much goes on.

[DRK]75 [BLM]75 [WAR]75
[San d'Oria] Rank 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:33 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I just logged on and the prices are freaking low compared to a few months ago O_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:25 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Caduceus wrote:

Yea you were always pretty good at keeping me hasted even though i think i made you want to cut yourself any time you partied with me, lol

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI