It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: SAM update
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:19 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Job Adjustments: Samurai (09/29/2006)The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. Below is a description of the changes that will be made to the samurai job. In addition, the FINAL FANTASY XI development team plans to continue making adjustments in accordance with the announcements made at the Tokyo Game Show's Vanafesta 2006.

Adjustments to the Samurai Job
The samurai's job abilities and traits are often needed for specific situations, but tend not to stand out in experience-gaining parties. The next version update will address this issue as well as make the samurai a more viable support job for main jobs that utilize two-handed weapons.

[New Job Abilities]
Both an offensive and defensive job ability will be added. The casting intervals were made shorter than the durations so that players can use the abilities whenever they are needed. In addition, the abilities are learned at a level low enough to allow their use even when samurai is set as a support job.

· Hasso (Level 25; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
Grants a bonus to attack speed, accuracy, and Strength when using two-handed weapons.

· Seigan (Level 35; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
Grants a bonus to Third Eye when using two-handed weapons.

Seigan and Third Eye
While Seigan is in effect, the recast time for the Third Eye job ability will be decreased by half. In accordance, the duration for "Third Eye" will be adjusted.

Also, with the next version update, the player may counterattack or keep the effect of Third Eye when the player evades an attack using the Third Eye job ability. The chance that the player will keep the Third Eye effect even after evading will gradually decrease from the time the ability is used.

Points to Note:
- The effects of Hasso and Seigan do not overlap. If both abilities are used, only the most recently activated ability will take effect.
- Hasso and Seigan will only take effect when the player is equipped with a two-handed weapon.
- A penalty will be imposed on magic, song, and ninjutsu recast time while Hasso or Seigan is in effect.

[Changes to Existing Abilities]
The job trait Overwhelm will be adjusted to be more effective against high-level enemies, and the job trait Zanshin will be adjusted to increase the effectiveness of the job trait Ikishoten.

- The duration of the job ability Third Eye will be changed to 30 seconds.
- The job trait Zanshin will be acquired at level 20.
- Players will be able to use a merit point to increase weapon skill damage by 5% when the job trait Overwhelm is in effect.

As previously stated, the next version update will include several adjustments to other jobs as well.
Keep checking the main page for more information!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:52 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I feel like they are taking SAMs in a different direction than they original intended them to go.

What ever happened to the Skill Chain Masters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:59 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

They still are, but it'll better their overall performance in a PT.

SAM's are good now, but easly replaceble by a WAR or MNK maybe even a BLU. Now, with the attack speed increase + damage increase, i might eve sub SAM with Warrior and use 2H weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

They still are skill chain masters, this makes it so they can tank it seems with Third Eye. This also makes SAM a really powerful subjob for jobs that use 2 handed weapons. Will see more WAR/SAM with Great Axe lol. SAM has AF2 that makes 3rd eye counter lol.. and this makes it so you can keep 3rd eye up at all times. That shit eats entire WSs. SAM already has a merit ability that gives TP to the entire party too. This all adds up to a huge buff to SAM and allows them to be used in different ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:22 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Yarr wrote:
What ever happened to the Skill Chain Masters?

Would Skill chain master go to blue mages job?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:41 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

they need to nerf meditate... sam is too overpowered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'm hoping that it has a positive effect on DRKs and DRGs, since they've really had hard times getting parties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:02 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

All of these changes seem geared toward making SAM a better sub than a better main.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:55 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Sirfalas wrote:
All of these changes seem geared toward making SAM a better sub than a better main.

I was thinking the same thing, but that would be hella lame so I refuse to belive it.
I like having a gundam in my pt's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:46 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

totally confused how you add a bonus to 3rd eye lol

I mean 3rd eye and seigan just need to be like the same shit basically since the timers seem similar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:40 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

This is for people who don't read other sites for some weird reason

SMN Buff

The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. In this installment, we would like to describe the changes on the way for summoners.

Changes to the Summoner Job

Summoners use the Blood Pact pet command as their main way of doing battle. Both attacks and support/healing magic are included in this command and operate with a single recast time.

The development team has decided to split Blood Pact into two commands to allow players to select a strategy to fit the current situation once every minute.

[The New Blood Pacts]
The summoner pet command Blood Pact will be divided into two categories, each with its own recast time. "Blood Pact: Rage" will focus on direct damage and special attacks, while "Blood Pact: Ward" will center on support, enfeebling, and healing magic.

· Blood Pact: Rage (Recast time: 1 minute)
Orders the avatar to use special attacks.

· Blood Pact: Ward (Recast time: 1 minute)
Orders the avatar to use support abilities.

[Summoning Magic Skill]
- Effects on Blood Pact
Blood Pact will receive different effects when the value added by equipment or merit points exceeds the skill cap for that level.

For example, players can experience increased accuracy when using Blood Pact: Rage or lengthened effect durations when using Blood Pact: Ward. The length of the duration increased varies depending on which Blood Pact is used, but will not exceed 180 seconds.

A player whose summoning magic skill is lower than the skill cap will not experience any penalties, such as a decrease in accuracy or shortened effect durations.

- Skill Increases
The instances in which players can increase their skill will also be changed in accordance with the adjustments to summoning magic skill.

Originally, calling forth an avatar would sometimes improve a player's summoning magic skill. Soon players will also be able to experience increases in skill when using the Blood Pact: Rage and Blood Pact: Ward pet commands.

That wraps up the job-related changes coming in the next version update. More are scheduled for future updates, though, so keep checking the main page for the latest news!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

RNG, DRK and DRG adjustments (un-nerfing RNG lol)

The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. Building on the previous notice regarding the samurai job, we would like to take this opportunity to describe the changes in store for dark knights, dragoons, and ranged attacks, which are used mainly by rangers and corsairs.

Adjustments to Ranged Attacks
As a result of adjustments to make ranged attack damage differ according to the distance from the target, jobs that specialize in ranged attacks have suffered a decrease in performance. In the next version update, we plan to reassess the adjustments made to accuracy and attack power according to distance from target.

[The Distance Calculation and Added Effects]
Ranged attack damage and accuracy are currently adjusted by a calculation based on the distance of the player from the enemy target. However, we plan to decrease the values for ranged accuracy and ranged attacks used in this calculation. This will ensure that the calculation will no longer largely eliminate the enhancements given by meals and equipment. Instead, the effects will be added directly to the player's attributes.

For example, if a player eats sushi, he will be able to largely compensate for the accuracy adjustment, and if a player eats meat, he will be able to compensate for the damage adjustment.

[Changes to Distance Adjustments]
We plan to slightly widen the range in which players can deal out maximum damage using bows, crossbows, and other distance weapons, as well as ease the decrease in accuracy and attack power that comes the farther the player is from the target.

Job Adjustment: Dark Knight
Timing will soon be more important when using the Absorb-TP spell, which was added in the July version update.

[TP Absorption Amount Adjustment]
Currently, the amount of TP an enemy possesses has little effect on the amount absorbed by the Absorb-TP spell. We plan to decrease the amount of TP absorbable from enemies with few remaining TP so that players will have to consider the timing of the spell.

Job Adjustments: Dragoon
Dragoons will receive adjustments to jump abilities and will be able to copy the Stoneskin effect to their wyverns.

[Job Ability: Spirit Surge]
The recast time for the Jump, High Jump, and Super Jump job abilities will be reset when using Spirit Surge.

[Job Ability: Super Jump]
The recast time for Super Jump will change from 5 minutes to just 3 minutes. In accordance, the merit point Group 1 category "Super Jump Recast" will allow players to shorten recast time by 6 seconds instead of 10.

[Job Trait: Empathy]
Players who have acquired the Empathy job trait will be able to copy the Stoneskin effect to their wyvern when using the job ability Spirit Link.

In addition to the above adjustments, the next version update will also feature changes to the summoner job. Keep checking the main page for details in the next few days!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:33 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Quote:
Changes to the Summoner Job
Summoners use the Blood Pact pet command as their main way of doing battle. Both attacks and support/healing magic are included in this command and operate with a single recast time.

The development team has decided to split Blood Pact into two commands to allow players to select a strategy to fit the current situation once every minute.

[The New Blood Pacts]
The summoner pet command Blood Pact will be divided into two categories, each with its own recast time. "Blood Pact: Rage" will focus on direct damage and special attacks, while "Blood Pact: Ward" will center on support, enfeebling, and healing magic.

· Blood Pact: Rage (Recast time: 1 minute)
Orders the avatar to use special attacks.

· Blood Pact: Ward (Recast time: 1 minute)
Orders the avatar to use support abilities.

[Summoning Magic Skill]
- Effects on Blood Pact
Blood Pact will receive different effects when the value added by equipment or merit points exceeds the skill cap for that level.

For example, players can experience increased accuracy when using Blood Pact: Rage or lengthened effect durations when using Blood Pact: Ward. The length of the duration increased varies depending on which Blood Pact is used, but will not exceed 180 seconds.

A player whose summoning magic skill is lower than the skill cap will not experience any penalties, such as a decrease in accuracy or shortened effect durations.

- Skill Increases
The instances in which players can increase their skill will also be changed in accordance with the adjustments to summoning magic skill.

Originally, calling forth an avatar would sometimes improve a player's summoning magic skill. Soon players will also be able to experience increases in skill when using the Blood Pact: Rage and Blood Pact: Ward pet commands.

That wraps up the job-related changes coming in the next version update. More are scheduled for future updates, though, so keep checking the main page for the latest news!

i think the bolded is a great idea, now i dont have to sit in rollanberry for 3 days trying to raise my skill by 1. haha

and could some one explain the bloodpact thing to me if anyone else ubnderstand what SE is saying, cause im a little confused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

You do attack BPs and have a 1 minute timer

You do buff BPs and have a seperate 1 minute timer.

So basically you can blow all your MP by doing Hastega and Predator Claws both once a minute for example. A seperate timer for attack and buff BPs is actually cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:13 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Yeah ok nvm on my skill theory, after reading it again, I see that I still have to sit in rollanberry, and though you said the timers are pretty neat, I already blow all my mp as it is. Ugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:16 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Summoning Magic Skill]
- Effects on Blood Pact

that is the significant change... summoning skill means something and merits in it and equip in it will make your BPs more powerful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:12 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I think they should add a JA or trait for rng that shows distance from the enemy in whatever the measurement in ffxi is.

shouldn't say where the good spot it, but its hard to find perfect distance without cheating or getting there halfway through a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:13 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

No thief, are you kidding me?

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:19 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Dmirty wrote:
No thief, are you kidding me?

um, how long is your memory span?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:22 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Not very, I did a control+f cuz I'm leveling whm right now lol. Plus I jsut start playing again so I don't know what's going on.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI