It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI

Post subject: NooB question
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:54 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I just started playing FF XI and i was just wondering what is a good tactic for gaining exp and Gil quickly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:57 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

pl and ige.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:58 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Thats a hard question to answer lol.

You can still be broke as hell even at end game events lol.

Working in groups danny. THats the best advice really. Also having a friend to watch your back and help you with power lvling would help a bit too.

Camping nm's and doing quests helps. YOu get some money from quests

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Jimbean wrote:
pl and ige.com

danny doesn't play like that!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:05 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Jimbean wrote:
pl and ige.com

Thanks but i rather do it by myself. Not into cheating.

Last edited by squeecore on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:06 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Mikey wrote:
Thats a hard question to answer lol.

You can still be broke as hell even at end game events lol.

Working in groups danny. THats the best advice really. Also having a friend to watch your back and help you with power lvling would help a bit too.

Camping nm's and doing quests helps. YOu get some money from quests

You shut your mouth Mikey!!!!

Poop on your theory of groups.

Thanks for the advise \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:15 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

I was thinking more of a place where I can fight beast that give high exp .... Does anyone know where I can score 5 honey pots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:25 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

i've forgotten names of places lol..

Wheres your home town? windy sandy or bastok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:27 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

San d'Oria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:29 pm 
DL Hughley

You seem to be from sandoria (5 honey pots quest), in which case for bees you're shit out of luck til you can find the ones in latheine (they hide in the northeast). There are bees in the windurst surrounding areas but you can't get there yet. You could do the repeatable bat wings quest in north sandoria "Fear of the Dark" from npc Secodiand. 2 bat wings, 200 gil, easy way to raise fame, and bat wings drop easy in King Ranperre's tomb which is down south in east ronfaure. You can farm sheep for skins, orcs for crystals, bunnies for hides, lizards in ghelsba for skins, and bats for wings pretty easily. Once you're like level 12 you can go south to valkurm dunes and sit around seeking pt for party exp on harder mobs, or you can continue soloing in latheine or ghelsba. Treant saplings in latheine drop seeds you can sell well in stacks.

edit:
lol "you seem to be from sandoria" typed while mikey was asking location d:

Last edited by DeadLegend on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

My home town was windy, so your fucked. A couple of people here know.

Post subject:
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

what also works is if you make a female hume character or mithra and go shout around in northern sandoria naked and begging for gil cause your a noob. ive seen it done before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:30 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Easiest way to exp is to simply go after things you can kill quickly that don't do much damage to you. For me, I find that killing lots of Easy Prey monsters is quicker in the long run than going after tougher monsters. It all depends on the job, though. Soloing to 12-15 is a good idea, as the lowbie Valkurm Dunes parties are pretty crappy at times. I'm sure mikey has told you some about party exp.

Easiest way to make money early on is just solo exp up to level 10. It's also a good way to find out what kind of jobs you like in the game. You're given 6 jobs to start with. Level up a few of them to level 10. Keep in mind that pretty much all items in the game have a purpose. Sell items on the AH! Stacks of crystals always sell pretty quick, and then most other items also are good for selling.

If you don't know, you get crystals by killing monsters that give you exp by getting a Signet from one of the gate guards. (NPCs with W.W., I.M., R.K. in the starting towns)

I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:30 pm 
DL Hughley

Also there's a quest in south sandy "The Merchant's Bidding" from npc Parvipon in which you give him 3 rabbit hides for 200 gil. That's easy too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:31 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

In the early lvls with no sub i recommend gathering crystals and selling them as a form of income. Make sure you get Signet. you can gain them rapidly by chaining together many EP-DC mobs in the surrounding "underground" areas, like King Ranperres Tomb, Dangruf Wadi, or The Horutoto Ruins. you can also gather bat wings, wild onions and such to sell. by lvl 13 that way you should a have at least 2 dozen stacks of crystals and a few stack each of onions and wings. a good 40-50K to start with. Beyond that, unless you plan to play mage jobs, it's a good idea to do scroll quests and sell them. can make some pretty good initial income that way. other than that, the higher you get, the more money you will be capable of making. so just level up and continue to gather crystals and such. Also, decide what your main job will be early, so you can start lvling the sub as your first job. That way don't waste time and money leveling the wrong subs. IE if you plan to be a SAM, start with MNK to 18, as a sub for your WAR. then take WAR to 30+ as your SAM sub. or if you wanna play RDM, start as WHM to 18, then take BLM to 30, then start RDM. Doing it this way is better in the long run, because you're never "gimp" and you will prepare yourself to get right into what you wanna do.
/endwalloftext

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:31 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I decided to make my drain mule a mithra named "siber" and was able to make some gil without having to cyber or anything, just by making a female character. It's a cash cow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:34 pm 
DL Hughley

I just started an elvaan character (my next 75 pld! hahaha) in sandoria so all this level 3 crap is fresh in my mind. lol

Once you have a little bit of money buy a stack of dark crystals (or save them from fighting mushroom mobs around sandy) and make some sheep leather. Easy money, and it'll start you with some simple craft skills to keep yourself afloat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:37 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

Ponuh wrote:
I decided to make my drain mule a mithra named "siber" and was able to make some gil without having to cyber or anything, just by making a female character. It's a cash cow

im going to have to agree with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:52 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

DeadLegend wrote:
You seem to be from sandoria (5 honey pots quest), in which case for bees you're shit out of luck til you can find the ones in latheine (they hide in the northeast). There are bees in the windurst surrounding areas but you can't get there yet. You could do the repeatable bat wings quest in north sandoria "Fear of the Dark" from npc Secodiand. 2 bat wings, 200 gil, easy way to raise fame, and bat wings drop easy in King Ranperre's tomb which is down south in east ronfaure. You can farm sheep for skins, orcs for crystals, bunnies for hides, lizards in ghelsba for skins, and bats for wings pretty easily. Once you're like level 12 you can go south to valkurm dunes and sit around seeking pt for party exp on harder mobs, or you can continue soloing in latheine or ghelsba. Treant saplings in latheine drop seeds you can sell well in stacks.

edit:
lol "you seem to be from sandoria" typed while mikey was asking location d:

Thanks a lot !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:54 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

[quote="Parade"]what also works is if you make a female hume character or mithra and go shout around in northern sandoria naked and begging for gil cause your a noob. ive seen it done before.[/quote

I am currently a Fem Elvaan and I have ppl giving me stuff all the time like armor and stuff I just sell it. But thanks for the info lol

Last edited by squeecore on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:56 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

yea danny. Make everyone believe your a girl. Hell offer bj's for money and people will give you money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:56 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ridere wrote:
Easiest way to exp is to simply go after things you can kill quickly that don't do much damage to you. For me, I find that killing lots of Easy Prey monsters is quicker in the long run than going after tougher monsters. It all depends on the job, though. Soloing to 12-15 is a good idea, as the lowbie Valkurm Dunes parties are pretty crappy at times. I'm sure mikey has told you some about party exp.

Easiest way to make money early on is just solo exp up to level 10. It's also a good way to find out what kind of jobs you like in the game. You're given 6 jobs to start with. Level up a few of them to level 10. Keep in mind that pretty much all items in the game have a purpose. Sell items on the AH! Stacks of crystals always sell pretty quick, and then most other items also are good for selling.

If you don't know, you get crystals by killing monsters that give you exp by getting a Signet from one of the gate guards. (NPCs with W.W., I.M., R.K. in the starting towns)

I hope this helps.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:57 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Mikey wrote:
yea danny. Make everyone believe your a girl. Hell offer bj's for money and people will give you money.

thats what my mom does lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:58 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Ponuh wrote:

hahahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:59 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

squeecore wrote:
Mikey wrote:

thats what my mom does lol

ROFL

Board index » General Gaming » Final Fantasy XI