It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:59 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:58 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

i can see someone dislocating their shoulder trying to do a 1-hit KO in SuperDuper Boxing Classic Revolution.

funny thing is, i have dislocated my shoulder playing air hockey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:59 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Gavin wrote:
i can see someone dislocating their shoulder trying to do a 1-hit KO in SuperDuper Boxing Classic Revolution.

lol gavin, youre a serious all star

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:03 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Gavin wrote:

your A #1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:28 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Yarr wrote:
Gavin wrote:

lol gavin, youre a serious all star
well, i had subluxed my shoulder from playing football back in highschool (sublux is when your shoulder pops out, then slides back into place after a few seconds, thus ruining your rotator cuff). after playing 5-6 games and dislocating my shoulder about 12 times, you can see that its pretty easy to slip out of socket. I did all the rehab my football trainer told me to do, stem, icing it down after practice, etc. Went up to Chuck -E- Cheeses to visit some friends at work, played some air hockey> OMFGMYSHOULDERDISLOCATED! It finally hit me that i needed to see a doctor when i woke up in the middle of the night and was like "hmm, my shoulder seems to be in the wrong place"

/endlifestory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:34 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

i don't know guys. This controller seems to appeal to kids. I do like the fact that it is adaptable. I mean after reading a couple of things about it. It did change my mind, that it isn't completely worthless. I don't hate it anymore. But i still dont exactly like it either.

And yarr is right. The video game industry is seriously lacking any inovation. Something like this could actually save it, or it could just break it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:37 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Theres no way in fuck I could play Mario kart with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:00 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

ughhhh..... You can't even press two buttons at once with that thing. i don't care what ponuh will say, but this thing looks horrible... Nintendo def. screwed it up... Well atleast the console looks slick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:01 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

blade just so you know. You don't have to hold the controller the way they have it set up in the screen shots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:03 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Hmmmmm I suppose you can hold it horizontally somehow... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:06 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Look at the digital pad lol, you can hold it side to side. Check the button placements. Its done on purpose. YOu can hold the thing 2 different ways.
I still can stand it but its still interesting lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:09 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Blade you should have read my posts. "THERE ARE 4 FUCKING GAMECUBE CONTROLLER PORTS" lol. play mario kart with that irl, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:17 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

^LMAO. Well, I guess like Mikey after quickly scanning stuff about it it look ALRIGHT, plus they will release an accesory that will be more like regular controllers for the SNES and 64 games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:21 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

i'm not happy with it, but it certainly is different lol. And if the games are as unique as the controller then we are in for something fun i suppose. But honestly i haven't really enjoyed anything nintendo's offered since snes. N64 sucked, and i barely touch my gamecube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:22 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I like this. it's sleek and sexy. Remember Xbox's original Controller? You could club Godzilla to death with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:26 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I actually play with my xbox controller the old one still. I actually like it. I prefer it cause i have big hands

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:33 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

First XBox controller was huge, but comfortable. And, how come people keep bringing up graphics when no one is talking about them really. Revolution's graphics are going to be pretty badass too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:47 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Wow... I'll admit, after only seeing a screenshot, I was like "WTF ARE THEY THINKING" You really have to watch the video to see what they had in mind with it, because just sitting there on a table it kind of looks like a remote lol. I like the innovation, I just hope that the new games accomodate its capabilities.

(Really, don't you all move the controller around like that anyway when you play now, even though you know it doesn't help? haha)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:00 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

The best thing about it is wireless, but then again, probably all controllers are like that. Oh wait, I think they've already been announced to be wireless.... nmv lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:03 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

its bloody awesome. nothing more to add to it. I cant wait to swing my sword in zelda *drools* or play a RE-like game O_O btw it isnt the final design for ppl who think it looks stupid (lol I like it alot :P) cant wait to see some games ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:10 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Mythiras wrote:
its bloody awesome. nothing more to add to it. I cant wait to swing my sword in zelda *drools* or play a RE-like game O_O btw it isnt the final design for ppl who think it looks stupid (lol I like it alot :P) cant wait to see some games ^^

bout time you came in here myth. i needed some more backup lol.

funny how bladenic just reposts anything i say right after i tell him to check my posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:39 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

All next gen controllers will be wireless. This controller looks like it may be awkward but I have said this about past Nintendo controllers and have been proved wrong. I will reserve judgement until I really use it.. the gyroscopic ability is cool though. Haha reminds me of how my dad plays video games.. he always tilts the controller in different directions when he plays (esp racing games). This controller is made for people like him I swear lol. Now finally when you move the controller forward you will move forward (or look up). Should be interesting and just another example of Nintendo trying to innovate gameplay instead of trying to outdo the others graphically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:24 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Two buttons CAN be pressed at the same time; there are two triggers on the analog stick attachment.

More importantly, today there was an interview with Jim Merrick today, an executive with Nintendo Europe. Revealed was something Nintendo should have revealed yesterday alongside the controller, because it would have saved them all this ridiculing and namecalling:

Quote:
Eurogamer: How is the controller going to work with games that aren't designed specifically for the Revolution - multi-platform titles and so on?

Jim Merrick: We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded.

So there's that option - but even while it's inserted into the classic-style shell, the freehand controller will still be able to sense positioning and so on, so there are more options too.

Such an obvious addition! You won't even need the Gamecube controller...and you KNOW the expansion is gonna be identical to PS3/360, as in 2 analog sticks 4 face buttons and 4 triggers, so ports will be easy as pie. Naysayers be damned, if you hate the Revolution controller, you can just use that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:27 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Feep wrote:
Two buttons CAN be pressed at the same time; there are two triggers on the analog stick attachment.

More importantly, today there was an interview with Jim Merrick today, an executive with Nintendo Europe. Revealed was something Nintendo should have revealed yesterday alongside the controller, because it would have saved them all this ridiculing and namecalling:

Quote:
Eurogamer: How is the controller going to work with games that aren't designed specifically for the Revolution - multi-platform titles and so on?

Jim Merrick: We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded.

So there's that option - but even while it's inserted into the classic-style shell, the freehand controller will still be able to sense positioning and so on, so there are more options too.

Such an obvious addition! You won't even need the Gamecube controller...and you KNOW the expansion is gonna be identical to PS3/360, as in 2 analog sticks 4 face buttons and 4 triggers, so ports will be easy as pie. Naysayers be damned, if you hate the Revolution controller, you can just use that.

DIE! NO ONE READS MY POSTS! I FEEL THE BACKLASH OF MY SPAMOCITY!

ME, first page wrote:
Quote:
Nintendo also mentioned that the controller stick could be slipped inside other, more conventional controller shells, dance mats, bongos, or other peripherals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:33 pm 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

omg poor ponuh ; ;
anyway, nintendo thought about like everything with the revo.I heard stuff like the games graphic wise will be similair to the x360 and ps3 (for the stupid graphic whores here *dies*)
cant wait to buy one when Im in japan next summer. I hope they wont chang e the design much...its slim. sexy, hawt and different ^^ omg this will be game heaven...

/naughtythoughts
omg...its like a multifunctional vibrator...<3<3<3 haha god damnit I luv it
/endnaughtythoughts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:36 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Mythiras wrote:
omg poor ponuh ; ;
anyway, nintendo thought about like everything with the revo.I heard stuff like the games graphic wise will be similair to the x360 and ps3 (for the stupid graphic whores here *dies*)
cant wait to buy one when Im in japan next summer. I hope they wont chang e the design much...its slim. sexy, hawt and different ^^ omg this will be game heaven...

CUSTOM made graphics card being made by ati called "hollywood". Trust me, it's going to be a huge leap in power.

Graphics aren't a big deal to me. Fun games are. Madden has really nice visuals but is just dogshit to play. As is halo. I hate both of those franchises.

Then again, a really fun game to PLAY can also have really nice visuals which is just icing on the cake. Mario Sunshine, for example.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion