It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Final Fantasy 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:42 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Shipped today. I really hope I have a reserve down 'cause all stores in 50 miles says 0 in stock ;- ;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:39 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

Yea, stores will have it tomorrow. I got the Yoshi game for DS for the hell of it though. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:49 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Reinheld wrote:
Yea, stores will have it tomorrow. I got the Yoshi game for DS for the hell of it though. lol

Have my babies? Is that game any good? Cuz if I had cash I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:32 am 
DL Hughley

I didn't reserve this but the manager is a buddy and he said he'd keep one for me anyway. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:56 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

{mine}

my mom got it for me today while i was at school, but she had to go away to see her dad afterwards :(

This is so sexy. If you o nly vaguely like FF, get this anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:35 pm 
DL Hughley

Just got mine :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:59 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Princess Sara is hawt. I can't imagine how this must've looked on the SNES. Its so pretty now. I hope square makes some more RPGs, especially FFs i've never played on the ds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:42 pm 
DL Hughley

Armani wrote:
Princess Sara is hawt. I can't imagine how this must've looked on the SNES. Its so pretty now. I hope square makes some more RPGs, especially FFs i've never played on the ds.

Well they've now come out with every single FF in america whether originally on nes/snes or later ported to PS1. Then origins was portd to GBA, then 4 to GBA, now 5 and soon 6, and brand new 3 on ds.

It'd be cool to get these little 3d remakes of the others but they probably won't d:

3 hour prologue ftw. I started Djinn fight with 3 dudes and no mp and won by a hair >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:04 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I just got past that, wanted everyone to be close to the same exp, so i started over 30min into the game.

DO NOT MAKE ANYONE A MONK. I made Arc one and all he does is 1-2 damage on 3-4 hits.

Girl thf + ingus rdm = hawt party. Red mages are badass in every game but xi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:40 am 
DL Hughley

yeah I got the new jobs but I was too tired to have a look at them, gonna start working on it today lol

Are high jobs acquired by leveling others or is it through the crystal's will like the first set? o.o

Did you watch the title screen intro video? It's friggin great lol, as good as the FF12 title screen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:41 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Yeah, I love that video and the pictures of the people when you first meet them and select their names.

I'm pretty sure jobs are like V, except leveling weaker jobs helps advanced jobs (for lack of better term). In the crystal's speech, it was like "You can now take the power from other crystals to help save the world blah blah~."I doubt they're gonna explode and you get jobs from

*spoilers*

the shards, but Ionno. I'll let you know if I get any new jobs before school's out.

Haha, I just noticed that FFV says "Warning! Basic reading ability needed to enjoy this game." but III doesn't.

Last edited by Armani on Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:49 am 
DL Hughley

Tell me if you figure out how job level ups work lol, I haven't found any indicator like the normal character job level "Exp til next" deal, I just randomly get job Lvups.

Right now I'm using a fairly traditional pt with Ingus war, Luneth blm, arc whm, and the girl is a monk. The weapon system is weird too for some reason it shows that the weapon will lower a character's attack but they hit harder with a wep than barehanded. I might change the girl to thief or something though since I only have one knuckle equip so she's kinda fighting at half capacity while Ingus goes 2x sword.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:05 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I played the translated roms for FF2 and 3 right before FFX came out in the US. The graphics in the remake for 3 look waaaaay better than the Famicom one. I've been seeing commercials for FF3 DS a lot, and really want to play it. I might go buy it today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:08 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

OMFG My DS died right before the fight right after you meet the Vikings. Now I'm stuck in class with nothing to do... grrrrrr!

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:24 pm 
DL Hughley

This is pretty good so far. This story is odd in that darkness isn't always evil, it's part of the balance, so I'm hoping for some epic warriors of the light vs. warriors of the darkness stuff. I got the second crystal and gained the jobs Knight, Scholar, Ranger, and Geomancer. Dungeon kicked my ass and my poor monk was dead through yet another boss fight. I remember now why I hate pure turn-based battles. She dies, I set my guys up to phoenix down then cure her, but the cure guy goes first and launches it at a random teammate. Then the PD guy drops it on her and she's alive with 30 hp and the boss punches her in the neck and she dies again. So I spend my next turn doing the same thing and get lucky with phoenix down>Cura order which gets her up and 100% hp, only to have the boss double crit her and drop her ass yet again, leaving me with 0 phoenix downs and a dead chick to drag around.

This in a game where phoenix downs cannot be bought and are rarely found. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:55 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

If anyone dies, I restart; i hate having levels far apart.

I think the job levels up happen every x number of battles. And yeah, weapons lowered all my chars attack, and I'm only using a red mage atm. I'm thinking about making Ingus dedicated mage 'cause I like how he looks in rdm, but that second job that learns all magic might be useful.

Having more than 1 mage in these games seems wasteful to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:02 pm 
DL Hughley

Well they're dealing more damage even though it said the weps would lower attack, and now I've found stronger weapons so it's not giving me any false shit now anyway. Monk gets strong once you find some knuckles too, she was outdamaging my warrior (ingus) by a decent margin. I changed her to scholar because some random npc mentioned that some big badass I'm about to fight changes his element weakness so I'd need a scholar to study him. Probably gonna change Ingus to knight just because I like the paladin look. Black mage is really strong but yeah I think having an rdm instead of a whm would probably work fine until/unless you needed top tier white magic, it would help to have the extra dd and still have decent cures available. Just hoping Knight has some Cover maneuver or else it might be useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:00 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

look in the book, one of the more adv.'d jobs says something about "Stronger than Cover" move, but I never saw a cover move on the previous jobs listed. Is it like FFV where they learn shit as they level?

And I keep rdms around even though they don't get the top 3 tier magic. I don't think I've ever been fond of magic, even though rdm was my highest job for 3 years.

I'm torn between playing FF3 and some other games I have today. Prolly gonna go with 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:08 pm 
DL Hughley

Knight's Defend is "Stronger than Guard" but they still can't cover with it like in FFX (think it was called Guard or Sentinel in FFX, you defend yourself while covering a teammate). Kinda sucks but Knight's got better str and more hp than warrior along with a touch of white magic so I'm sticking with it for now anyway. I put the girl back on monk and switched my whm to scholar, blm continues to demolish everything we face. You'd think they'd add Cover to Knight for this remake, they added entire new jobs so one little ability addition couldn't have hurt but oh well. It has a cape; therefore it rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:17 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

red mage has a cape haha

.__.

it does rock, i love capes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm 
DL Hughley

ffxi would have 2x as many players if capes were visible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:25 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yeah back armor should have been visible in FFXI. I remember when they patched City of Heroes to show capes... I was thinking they should have released the game like that since its a superhero game and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:28 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

well, those rabit mantle things looked ugly though.

prolly wouldn't be so bad if they actually showed the capes, would make it look appealing.

i'd still play even with all the dumb shit if i had a cool ass cape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:32 pm 
DL Hughley

Yeah plenty of ugly ass capes but it'd pay off with a knightly or shadow mantle. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:05 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

black cape would be popular with mages even whm haha

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion