It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: 360 music question..to IPOD or not to IPOD
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:00 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

How do you listen to music on your 360? I recently realized how fucking cool and convenient listening to music on 360 while gaming is (push of the "X" button you can pause the game and change the song). What's even cooler is the IPOD software that allows you to play music from your IPOD on the console. Yes yes I know...it's sad I just recently figured it out.

For some reason, MANY of the songs on my IPOD won't play on the 360 (I get an error message). Does anybody have this problem? They play everywhere else....the files aren't corrupt or anything. I have a couple CD's downloaded to the hard drive. I'm wondering if I should just download my favorite CD's to the console. I wish the IPOD software worked better because it's much easier....and I hate to waste precious HD space. I'm @ 3GB left with nothing I wanna delete :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:30 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I haven't gotten any error messages from my 360 when playing the songs on my iPod as a soundtrack or anything. I am about to finish putting 5 gigs of songs on my iPod as I am typing this, maybe one of these will cause an error. Are these songs in a copyright protected format? If so there is an optional patch you can D/L off of Xboxlive that lets you play copyright protected songs on your iPod on your 360.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Eternus wrote:
I haven't gotten any error messages from my 360 when playing the songs on my iPod as a soundtrack or anything. I am about to finish putting 5 gigs of songs on my iPod as I am typing this, maybe one of these will cause an error. Are these songs in a copyright protected format? If so there is an optional patch you can D/L off of Xboxlive that lets you play copyright protected songs on your iPod on your 360.

You know what? I bet that's the problem. I haven't downloaded a patch for it. I downloaded the original IPOD software to my 360...like in October(?) but I just started using it. I'll look for the patch when I get home tonight. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:46 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

Kluya, you have to go on xbox live marketplace and down load "optional media support" Some of your songs are converted to some different type of music file when you import them to itunes. So yeah, just look under "optional media support" on the list of downloads. Then you should be fine.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion