It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:57 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Mikey wrote:
yea do gamefly and let me recommend you so i can get credits ! lol
QFT

Gamefly is just more economical than trading shit in to gamestop/EB and getting ripped off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I'll get gamefly sometime soon. I'll let you know when I do it so you can refer me. This game will probably take me a month to finish, so I'll hold off till then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:15 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Kluya wrote:
I'll get gamefly sometime soon. I'll let you know when I do it so you can refer me. This game will probably take me a month to finish, so I'll hold off till then.

All jokes aside though kluya the way you play games is reflective on the whole gaming community as a whole. We've kinda lost interest. Now we play games just to look at the pretty images really. Most rpgs nowadays such.

Only a few games out there reallly are worth it. And buying and selling the games to gamestop. In reality, the only real winner here is gamestop. They've been racking it in the billions past couple of quarters and it won't stop till digital distribution kicks in and vastly cuts into their profits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:48 pm 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

the only games i've found worth buying are MGS4, beautiful katamari, smash bros, mariokart, and fifa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:38 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

kinda rough anyway you slice it.

on the one hand you got.. buying a game, taking the risk at hating it, and having to sell it at a fraction of what you paid for it, the other side being that you might really like it and it will stay in your collection

on the other hand you got renting, which is a lot cheaper, and allows you to test drive your product, however should you really like the game and want it for your collection, now that's an extra x amount of dollars you paid that you wouldn't have had to if you bought it flat out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The characters suck and the dialogue is painfully boring. I'm forcing myself to play through this game. Square Enix failed badly. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:12 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Kluya wrote:
The characters suck and the dialogue is painfully boring. I'm forcing myself to play through this game. Square Enix failed badly. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this game.

somewhere i read they said it was the other way around. i talked to a friend i worked with, and he said he was okay, but he preferred tales over it. i've been holding off on getting it, and maybe i'll just rent it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:32 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Kluya wrote:

Yea i told you lol. I played for like 2 hours and it was painful, it actually physically hurt me to play the game. I couldn't get over it. Its a ps2 game with higher resolution. Not necessarily bad, except they failed terribly with the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Jimbean wrote:
kinda rough anyway you slice it.

on the one hand you got.. buying a game, taking the risk at hating it, and having to sell it at a fraction of what you paid for it, the other side being that you might really like it and it will stay in your collection

on the other hand you got renting, which is a lot cheaper, and allows you to test drive your product, however should you really like the game and want it for your collection, now that's an extra x amount of dollars you paid that you wouldn't have had to if you bought it flat out.

With gamefly. if you like the game and you wanna buy it, you can and you get a discount too. You end up paying a little less than you would if you bought it from a store. 5-10 dollars less

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:52 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Mikey wrote:
Yea i told you lol. I played for like 2 hours and it was painful, it actually physically hurt me to play the game. I couldn't get over it. Its a ps2 game with higher resolution. Not necessarily bad, except they failed terribly with the story.

I don't think I can play it anymore. I've lost interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:04 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Kluya wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I don't think I can play it anymore. I've lost interest.

the game doesn't even deserve a 7/10

It should be more like 3/10 for lack of effort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:33 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Was watching my friend play Lost Odyssey the other day. It was kinda bad from the look if it. The game play seemed fairly shallow, although the stories and some of the cut scenes were pretty cool. But again the modern JRPG cliches for art design all seemed to be there. I'd rather see simple clean/elegant designs in games as opposed to the eye numbing architecture, clothes, and monsters. I'd miss when RPGs tried to be charming, or I'd hope they try to be more mature. I think FFXII would've been leagues better without Vaan or Penelo, and the fact that the game was generally from their point of view seems strange considering the meat of the story didn't involve them at all. Back to design: It's sort of why I liked a lot of the design in XI. If something looked ridiculous, chances are it had significance like the artifact armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:05 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

tried playing this at my frineds house, must say it was fantasticle... you know fantasticle.. like fantastic the game blows my testicles.. fantasticle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:48 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

After watching some more the story looks intriguing (all the stories and cut scenes and stuff), but game play ... refer to the example below:

There was roughly a 45 minute cut scene involving the funeral of the main characters daughter who you briefly meet before she dies of some sort of degenerative disease.

The entire funeral is comprised of three mini games. Two of which being fetch quests to pick up flowers and sticks. The final mini game involves you playing an orphaned child who holds up a torch to match a guide in a "simon says" style mini game.

SERIOUSLY!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:07 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

hahahha thank god i haven't returned it to gamefly
I wanna witness this shit myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

Caduceus wrote:
After watching some more the story looks intriguing (all the stories and cut scenes and stuff), but game play ... refer to the example below:

There was roughly a 45 minute cut scene involving the funeral of the main characters daughter who you briefly meet before she dies of some sort of degenerative disease.

The entire funeral is comprised of three mini games. Two of which being fetch quests to pick up flowers and sticks. The final mini game involves you playing an orphaned child who holds up a torch to match a guide in a "simon says" style mini game.

SERIOUSLY!?

sounds like lost oddysey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

Mikey wrote:
hahahha thank god i haven't returned it to gamefly
I wanna witness this shit myself.

Oh yeah, sorry, I'm still talking about Lost Odyssey. I've been watching a friend play it this weekend. I haven't touched/seen infinite undiscovery yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:51 am 
Mike&Ike Irl
Mike&Ike Irl

haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I know many others disagree, but I thought Lost Odyssey was an awesome game. To me it was comparable to the old good Final Fantasy games. The only thing I disliked about it was loading times. I'm excited to play it again when the fall xbox update comes (so I can download to the HD). I absolutely loved the story, the characters, the music, the dialogue, and the gameplay. It's definately not a game for everybody, but for me it was perfect. That's the type of RPG I like the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:19 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Caduceus wrote:

SERIOUSLY!?

That was probably the worst part for me, just because of how tedious it was to do all of it. That shouldn't be a reason not to get the game though, only like 3 of the main characters can even die anyway, so you probably don't have to do any more funeral mini-games.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I was just fighting the last boss (or second to last?) on Infinate Undiscovery and the f'ing power went out. It came back on a few minutes later and the 360 started up with 3 blinking red lights. I'm letting it rest and I'll try again later....I'm scared this 360 is toast. I suppose it's better now than in Nov when fall update, Gears 2, Fable 2, and Last Remnant come out.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion