It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:19 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:43 pm 
Eater of cow souls

for me, playing super mario world is one of my most memorable moments of gaming as a kid. super mario 64 was also a great memory because it was the first 3d mario platformer and it didn't suck, it was actually really great. mario sunshine was fun, but i hated the whole idea of the water-nozzle.

new games just can't captivate me like they used to when i was a kid lol. part of that has to do with age, and part of it is just the route that the gaming industry has taken. as a kid, playing games like super mario world, contra, donkey kong etc. amazed the shit out of me. now they're still amazing games, but revisiting them just isn't the same. as for the gaming industry changing, games just aren't hard anymore. i can't remember the last time i had SERIOUS trouble beating a level on a console game. ninja gaiden on the xbox was considered by many a pretty difficult game... shit, play ninja gaiden on NES and then tell me that.

anyways, i started typing and got carried away lol.

/rant off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:31 am 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

well granted a lot of the older games are hard because they're unpolished or "cheap" haha. I think that it's all a matter of opinion but objectively the game industry is getting better for most people. I don't like super challenging games. They need to stay fun, and frustrating difficulty is a big deterrent towards finishing the game for me. The focus towards making things fun is nice, I think.

However most of the video game industry is gay for other reasons. Gears of War is stupid but it's a fun game. Halo is fucking atrocious all around, and madden culture is something I will never understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:52 am 
Tough!
Tough!

I hate madden but i've recently gotten back into it since my best friend is a safety and lives/eats/breathes/smokes football.

It's a really deep game if you know how to play it. They have the madden challenge for a reason lol, game is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:28 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yarr wrote:
Wernt you like 5 when Super Mario World came out? how old were you in 1991?

I believe my dad bought us a SNES with the Super Mario collection thing in 1994 or 1995.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion