It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Do you actually finish your games?
Yes The games i do buy I do everything in my power to finish em. 59%  59%  [ 16 ]
No. I do I tend to loose interest fast. 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Sometimes... more no than yes 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
I have finished a couple games, but honestly most games aren't finished. 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: How many actually finish your games.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:12 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I have a good feeling that most of you buy games just to look at them and eventually put them down.. I want everyone to give an honest answer.

I kinda wanna get an overall feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:31 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

before you actually set your votes. I'd prefer if you actually say why you voted... So please post and elaborate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:07 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Where is the option for I try to beat everything but some games suck or some games peter out so I prolly average you know like 65-85% completion.
Personally if I buy a game I'm gonna finish it ( or return it for something that doesn't suck.

But theres a couple games particularly on portable systems that I sometimes leave by the wayside.

For example I was on the last battle of Jeanne of Arc ( PSP) for months and I just beat it last week. And MEgaman ZX advent and Phantom hourglass are both sitting around unbeaten.

That said I do "try" a lot of games by borrowing them and if I don't like them i won't beat them

I will say I almost never completely beat any games these days. the days of 100% item completion or finishing the story perfect for 2 extra lines of dialouge are long past for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:28 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

I typically beat every game I buy/own.

I even got to the last level of Elite Beat Agents on HARD ROCK mode, but really fuck that. When we develop over the counter combat drugs that slow down an individual's perception of time or I become an autistic japanese teenager is the day beat that level.

Video here of autistic boy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyfNcKE8-lI[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:43 am 
". . ."
". . ."

I'm OCD and beat them in the order i get them. I'll beat something else as soon as i beat FFXI.

seriously though, I do try to beat everything I buy. I sat and played through and beat GTAIV before touching the multiplayer mode. Same thing with Gears of War.

Honestly though, I havn't really been buying and beating game nearly as much as I did just a few years ago. I think alot changes once you get a full time job ;x

I don't even remember whats the last games I bought before GTAIV, Rock Band, etc.
I'm playing through Twilight Princess for the first time on Wii at the moment, but just because I'm borrowing the wii from a friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:53 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

I will say my roommate buys a lot more games than he beats. He bought MGS4, but I was the one who beat it while he played WoW and listened/occasionally watched.

Honestly I can't remember the last console game he actually beat probably Gears of War ( which we played togetjher) or Bioshock. Buys way mroe games than i do yet spends most ohis time playing Metroidvanias or replaying games like Cave Story... when hes not playing WoW anyway. He recently picked up Etrian Odessy 2 but theres no way in hell hes gonna finish it ( hell i might not either game is pretty tough and).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:16 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

I play what I feel like playing. I used to play all my games to completion, but now I just play whatever I'm in the mood for.

It's dumb to buy a game for the sole purpose of saying you finished it. If the game isn't fun for me, I stop playing. If I feel like picking it back up down the road (which almost always happens) then I'll pick it back up and complete it.

Edit: The only time I'll try to beat a game is for the story. If the story isn't keeping me interested then I'll put it down. Some games are worth trucking through, but most aren't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:34 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I try to beat every game I play, but sometimes I just lose interest or find another game and never get back to the one before it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yes, I beat GTA IV and I am working on Ninja Gaiden 2 right now. If I have the time, I almost always beat the games that I buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I voted the first option but i don't try to finish them ASAP, i like taking my time with games. All the games i have bought i have finished them, some games that i download (specially superNES RPG ones) i haven't finished yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:46 am 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

If I get to part where it takes me a few too many times of starting over and over I just get pissed and play a new game. Viva pinta I'll finsh some day and I'm at last boss on Lost Planet just not sure how to finsh him off. Naruto Rise of a Ninja I think I beat it but not sure... it went to credits but still had game play after... so not sure lol. CoD4 I beat. Cod4 seems to be that game that I get hooked on playing after not playing it for a month or 2. LOTR battle for middle earthII is a game i play lots single player in scrim which so rare for me I love muilt player games. and will never play with myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:51 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I picked "sometimes, more no than yes". From when I was a kid to a couple years ago I would beat everything I played no matter what. I'd replay hard parts over and over for days if I had to. I beat tons of hard games back in the day.

It's strange...but ever since I started playing FFXI (and quit) I've lost that ability. I get pissed off or bored with games very easily these days. If I have to replay a hard part over and over, I start losing interest. These days I beat less than half the games I rent or buy (on DS, Wii, 360, PS3, and PSP).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:20 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I try and beat games I buy. Lately I've made some purchases that go on top of my back log of games I have yet to beat. I also try to 100% games when I play them so that keeps me from playing more games.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:41 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I buy games very rarely, and I only beat them if they remain fun and interesting enough to warrant it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:10 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I try my best to beat the games I own. Mostly I rent games because I can usually beat them before it is time to take it back. I usually only own games I think have a long period of play (certain RPGS) or if a game has a lot of replay value. I get very OCD about beating the hell out of games (getting achievements, getting all the extras, etc. etc.) but recently I just kinda stopped caring a bit as GTA4 lost my interest fairly quickly. I don't have any doubts about actually finishing it one day but I am unsure whether I'm gonna go around Liberty City finding all the jumps and pigeons. I must be getting older or something lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Supafly wrote:
I try my best to beat the games I own. Mostly I rent games because I can usually beat them before it is time to take it back. I usually only own games I think have a long period of play (certain RPGS) or if a game has a lot of replay value. I get very OCD about beating the hell out of games (getting achievements, getting all the extras, etc. etc.) but recently I just kinda stopped caring a bit as GTA4 lost my interest fairly quickly. I don't have any doubts about actually finishing it one day but I am unsure whether I'm gonna go around Liberty City finding all the jumps and pigeons. I must be getting older or something lol

You actually are an interesting character. Since xbox live lets you know people's gamerscores and shit. I tend to look at yours lol. I believe you when you say you try to beat the games you own, considering i've seen that you've completed several games at 1000/1000. Example assassin's creed and halo 3. To me you seem to be a perfectionist. Something rarely seen nowadays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:42 am 
Spammer, to the max!

& BioShock lol

I wouldn't call it perfectionism, it's more of a Obsessive Compulsive thing with certain games. If it is within my realm of reason and possibility I'll go for the 1000 gamerscore for games, getting the "great ending," or beating Yiazmat in FFXII or whatever. It's the sole purpose of the challenge I guess and it's one of those things I do just because it's possible for me or at the time it seems like a fun challenge.

When BioShock added 100 points extra for 1100 total points I simply thought it was worthless to go back and and do the same shit over again plus I didn't have the game anymore.

Getting the perfect score in Assassin's Creed felt pointless even though I got it. Monotonous flag getting and repetitive missions ruined that game for me. I would probably have been happier if I just beat the game. GTA4 is getting sold soon as I beat it since there is no way in hell I will look to achieve the perfect gamerscore (kill a Rockstar Developer?!?!WTF!?!?)

For now a lot of my time is talking with painters and tuners in Forza 2. I've met a lot of good friends and got some sick looking cars and the people in the game on LIVE keep me playing it. I've hooked a few people in my friends list up with a few cars as well. I think Kluya got a few lol

Also, I apologize to anyone I removed from friends list as I'm sure maybe one day I'll play a few of you guys again but I got tired of seeing names I haven't played on LIVE with in months so I removed a few of you, my bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Supafly wrote:
& BioShock lol

I wouldn't call it perfectionism, it's more of a Obsessive Compulsive thing with certain games. If it is within my realm of reason and possibility I'll go for the 1000 gamerscore for games, getting the "great ending," or beating Yiazmat in FFXII or whatever. It's the sole purpose of the challenge I guess and it's one of those things I do just because it's possible for me or at the time it seems like a fun challenge.

When BioShock added 100 points extra for 1100 total points I simply thought it was worthless to go back and and do the same shit over again plus I didn't have the game anymore.

Getting the perfect score in Assassin's Creed felt pointless even though I got it. Monotonous flag getting and repetitive missions ruined that game for me. I would probably have been happier if I just beat the game. GTA4 is getting sold soon as I beat it since there is no way in hell I will look to achieve the perfect gamerscore (kill a Rockstar Developer?!?!WTF!?!?)

For now a lot of my time is talking with painters and tuners in Forza 2. I've met a lot of good friends and got some sick looking cars and the people in the game on LIVE keep me playing it. I've hooked a few people in my friends list up with a few cars as well. I think Kluya got a few lol

Also, I apologize to anyone I removed from friends list as I'm sure maybe one day I'll play a few of you guys again but I got tired of seeing names I haven't played on LIVE with in months so I removed a few of you, my bad.

Yeah those cars had wicked paint jobs and helped out in several races, thanks. I still need to finish the career in Forza 2. That game got so repetative, I needed a long break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:29 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I beat the main story of GTA IV, but I refuse to do the stunt jumps and kill all of the pidgeons. That shit is boring lol. I did do all the vigilante, assassin and most wanted missions. Getting 1000/1000 achievements is past the point of just beating the game and is more about 100% completion territory. I did get 850 or so points in Lost Odyssey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:42 pm 
The Original Dark Knight™
The Original Dark Knight™

This generation of gaming has been completely underwhelming for me, I can't remember the last game on a console that's interested me from start to finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:14 pm 
Mysidians Spy
Mysidians Spy

For the most part if I buy a game I finish it, I don't rent games very often unless it's to try a game out I'm considering buying. Like Rein said, this generations games has been pretty lame in my opinion, I've had the most fun playing Rock Band with my brother and friends on tour than anything else or just playing Wii Sports with friends which is just the "comes with the console not really a game game."

Haven't had fun playing through an RPG since PS2 and my favorites from that generation weren't even of the FF label.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

What were some of your favs from the ps2 gen rpgs? Thats all i got and any suggestions would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:10 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Reinheld wrote:
This generation of gaming has been completely underwhelming for me, I can't remember the last game on a console that's interested me from start to finish.

I understand that comment totally. Something was seriously lost after ps1 and saturn. The excitement the overall depth of games. Now its all about graphics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:55 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

I heh I still need to get someother game done that I had not finsh yet.

love that SIG mikey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:51 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

I usually "Play to win the game" (God I love that quote from Herman Edwards). I think most recent game, which isn't recent at all, that I haven't beat was star ocean 3. I've never played the first two but I didn't care much for SO3.

I do buy most of my games and I don't beat them right away but I do beat them eventually. Most games for hand held systems do take me quite a bit to finish.

Off Topic: I got a few chuckles out of Mikes old sig, the one with the kid telling the dog a joke. I think I laughed at that way more than I should have.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion