It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Fallen Empire: legions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:18 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

http://www.instantaction.com/legions

Has anyone played this? I havent heard ANYTHING about it aside from what Tycho wrote on Penny Arcade. Ill post that below. All I know right now is that I LOVED Tribes. Actually I like tribes 2 more, but Ive enjoyed pretty much all of em. This looks kind of interesting. I cant get the site from work so I'll check it out later. I Was going to pm this link to myself, but I figured someone else might be interested.

Tycho wrote:
"I have been trying to scam access to Fallen Empire: Legions for months, ever since the first blurry video combined an almost narcotic sentimentality for Tribes with deep mystery. Now that it's entered Open Beta, the groveling has come to a full stop. This has allowed me to fill my schedule with incredibly liberating personal flight that is punctuated by exhilarating mid-air duels.

It's Tribes, it really is, from the rolling ice terrain to the flightfeel. It doesn't have a "disc launcher," which most warriors call a Spinfusor, but their take on the RL is more than capable of filling the role for mid-air skillshots. The plug-in that makes it all possible seems to be a Windows thing at the moment, with a version for Intel Macs currently roasting in beta. It's openly a work in progress, sturdy stock for a community driven action game drawn with reverence over an ancient frame. In time, we're certain to see classic modes like the Rabbit variants turn up. Gabe sat behind me yesterday playing it, cackling the entire time. You only have to play it for a little while to wonder what it is about the Goddamned ground that other developers seem to like so much. I believe that - at this late hour - we may rightly call it a fetish.

I could speak at length about it, and maybe I will at some point, but the Goddamned thing runs in the same browser you're using to read this text. You should go play it yourself, immediately. You won't hurt my feelings."

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion