It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: metal gear solid 4 comes out in june
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:25 pm 
Eater of cow souls

this is the first game that has made me wish i had a ps3. i fucking love the metal gear solid series.

there are also two bundle deal ps3's that come with the game.

crave.cnet.com wrote:
To help welcome them back to the PlayStation fold, there will be not one but two Metal Gear Solid PS3 bundles. The limited edition bundle (pictured on the left) includes the 40GB PS3 finished in gun metal gray, the new DualShock 3 rumble controller, and--of course--a copy of the game. Also onboard are a CD soundtrack and an "exclusive Blu-ray Disc" with a behind-the-scenes documentary. That limited-run model is only available via Konami's Web site, and will cost a whopping $600.

Thankfully, a far better alternative will be available: the "PlayStation 3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack" (pictured on the right). That $500 version includes the premium 80GB PS3 model (in the standard basic black), which offers the flash card reader and backward compatibility with PS2 games (both absent in the 40GB PS3 included in the Konami model). The box also includes the DualShock 3 rumble controller, Metal Gear Solid 4 game (sans documentary and CD), and a voucher for a free download of the Pain minigame from the PlayStation Store.

that is a sweet fucking deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:38 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Yeah I listen to the Hot spot Pod casts and they have been talking about this since Christmas. I still feel my PS3 is just a blu ray. All the games I've played on it has sucked and not a big metal gear fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:43 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

i preorded it. I'm getting it and its getting amazing reviews and I can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:49 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've been thinking about selling my 60GB model to get the bundle of the 80GB.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:33 pm 
DL Hughley

I try to ignore this game but every time someone mentions it I remember the part at the end of the old 15 minute trailer, "Some stories can't be told with words, some legends are meant to die, some bloodlines are meant to end."

gaaaahhhh what will I do without mgs4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:38 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

I'd laugh my ass off if someone would actually spend 500 dollars, half a grand, half of a goddamn thousand dollars for one video game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:43 pm 
Eater of cow souls

Ponuh wrote:
I'd laugh my ass off if someone would actually spend 500 dollars, half a grand, half of a goddamn thousand dollars for one video game.

i've never known anyone to buy a system and only buy one game for it lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:49 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Ultimaj wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

i've never known anyone to buy a system and only buy one game for it lol

gears of war anyone!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:02 pm 
". . ."
". . ."

Ponuh wrote:

PC version new at $19.99 + tax...

PS2 version new at $99.99 + tax...

$12.95 a month subscription to play...

Additional $1.00 a month for additional characters...

over a period of about 4 1/2 years...

laugh away, Ponuh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:10 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Viviti wrote:
Ponuh wrote:

PC version new at $19.99 + tax...

PS2 version new at $99.99 + tax...

$12.95 a month subscription to play...

Additional $1.00 a month for additional characters...

over a period of about 4 1/2 years...

laugh away, Ponuh.

Let me highlight the important aspect of your post. You get 4 and a half years of enjoyment (unless it ruins your life and you latch onto it like your mother's teet. Decimus...) out of a game like FFXI and you get a few hours (albeit 90 minutes of cutscenes!!) from metal gear and then you've got a shiny waste of outlet space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:35 am 
Tough!
Tough!

i have the game pre-ordered. this will be the first real ps exclusive that will be worth a shit. lets hope for the best, it looks cool as shit. Also in the fall is the new star wars game, and that looks bad ass as well. Im just a little excited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:16 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Ponuh wrote:

500 bucks isnt a lot of money to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

How many people on here do you think it isn't a lot of money to Yarr? lol

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:14 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Dmitry wrote:

lol no idea, probably everyone on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:00 pm 
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo
I;m in cobr a kuy dogo

Yeah Hustled this guy to get my Xbox360. Traded my Wii and my games for a brand new Xbox360 with Gears of war. lol before the prices went down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:22 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Yarr wrote:
Dmitry wrote:

500 dollars is a lot of money to EVERYONE if you consider how little you'd get out of it. That's a really retarded argument lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:05 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Ponuh wrote:
Yarr wrote:
Dmitry wrote:

500 dollars is a lot of money to EVERYONE if you consider how little you'd get out of it. That's a really retarded argument lol

Ponuh you need to remember you got an xbox when it was 399 $ plus you bought gears of war along with it. Suffice to say you are just as susceptible to marketing like any other person lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:28 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I think it's a so-so fair price to the ps3, considering the price for a quality bluray player. I don't think $500 is a lot of money for new hardware technology as long as it's something you want and will be used, i guess it depends on how you look at things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:31 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

??

I got it as a gift and I don't even own gears of war...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

there's like 5 different arguments in this thread...

1. 500 US dollars isn't a lot of money to a cocknosed canadian with a sweet-ass IT job, living with his schoolteacher gf in a small apt. For me, that's like 25 hours of work, and I bet there are a good amount of people on the board who make less/no money at all. I mean, it wouldn't break my bank, but the choice seems obvious if it's between a 3rd of the rent or a new toy.

2. The whole debate about buying a system for one game, it's pretty narrow minded. Even if the person initially wanted it just for a particular game, they would convince themselves of all the other perks of owning the system.

3. You should never let anyone tell you that you don't deserve, shouldn't have, or can't have something you want.

4. I would like to eventually buy a PS3, but I'm not sold on the system for a Blu-Ray player and MGS4. Maybe when it drops 100 bucks and FF XIII comes out we'll talk. But then again, I never even bothered playing XII, so who knows?

5. 360 vs. PS3 debate. WHHHHYYYYYY?? It's just as bad as the WoW vs. FFXI debate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 pm 
Eater of cow souls

metal gear solid is an awesome series

for anyone thinking about getting a ps3, these bundles are a nice little deal

that's all i'm sayin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 pm 
The legend. Teh Ponuh™

Jimbean wrote:

3. You should never let anyone tell you that you don't deserve, shouldn't have, or can't have something you want.

What are you, like five?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:06 pm 
Iron Chef

Who has this? It is fucking amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:18 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

OOK UMMM

I got metal gear solid 4, now i'm a great fan of the series. With each sequel the series fucking improved.

With mgs4 I have to say... Konami fucking PERFECTED the series. This game is a fucking knockout a fucking K.O. In every regard it beats the living shit out of every game i've ever played. Yes.. What Im about to say is completely honest. Metal gear solid 4 is the best game i've ever played in my life. EVER. PERIOD FUCKING DONE. Now I understand why Ign.com said if any game deserved an 11 ( breaking their scoring system ) it would be mgs4.
Is the game worth the 60 dollar price tag... Yes and some. Is it worth buying a ps3 for.. Yes. If you do not play this game you are missing out on the single most important and IMO historic videogames this generation.
The cut scene length ? FUck you lol The story is so detailed so interesting your gonna be glued to the screen soaking up every detail up. Not to mention the cut scenes are beautiful only thing that equals is the gameplay itself. There was whole big deal about the games length in cut scenes including someone saying there was a 90 plus min cut scene.
Suffice to say i didn't even feel the 90 min cut scene lol, the story had me dragged into it so much I honestly don't even remember where i saw it. Probably because the moment in the game was so important.

The boss battles are all incredible all of them. They're are so good I honestly have trouble picking which one I loved more than the other. I have to say I thought metal gear solid 3 snake eater's boss battle as the most memorable boss fight ever. But mgs4 final fight... Takes the cake.. You can actually feel the struggle you feel bad for snake and the hell he's going thru in the last fight. Its fucking brutal hands down.
The music in the end too.. HOLY CRAP LOL. The music just tells you... I'm not letting you fucking go. You are ending this lol. Harry Gregson Williams main theme song for Solid Snake.. The shit hits you.. When i hear that song i get sad

Heres a clip of the song [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg3NvvedW1k&feature=related[/youtube]
Just listen to the part from 35 seconds to 1:40 seconds. Just imagine fighting the last fight with that playing. Knowing full well you falling apart.

I'm done. Just fucking get this game. Im not even kidding.

P.S Raiden is back. Now if anybody remembers mgs 2 alot of people didn't like the switcharoo that happened. You mainly played as raiden in that game. Which pissed alot of people off. Plus he was way emo and although well trained, he was pretty much the polar opposite of solid snake. Well I guess they picked up on the original problems with raiden. Because in this game its almost like he pulled a 180. The series director fucking gave raiden a sex change because raiden's a motherfucking monster lol. They replaced his soft supple vagina from mgs 2 with Remington steel man balls, or better yet some type bull balls or some shit. I think they did this to raiden on purpose. They made him so fucking cool. And in fact they teased you with raiden. For the first time they made you WANT to play as raiden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:27 pm 
Iron Chef

Mikey thank you for putting into words what I could not describe. I've been glued to my TV since I got this and am loving every second of it. THE RAIDEN FIGHT SCENE, HOLY FUCKING SHIT LOL

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion