It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Looks like 360 Wins
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Today, SE announced that ff 13 is no longer a ps3 exclusive, this along with many recent announcements makes the xbox 360 literally the system to own if you want to play rpgs.

This fall the 360 will be getting an interface update ( slap in the face for Playstation home )
The update features Mii Like avatars
Chatrooms for up to 8 players that can speak at the same time. ( formally restricted to only 2)
Netflix users just got more value added to their monthly fee, XBox live gold users will now be able to view netflix movies for no additional charge online.
fable 2 will have online co op
Gears of war 2 will have 5 player co op ( in some form)
Too Human demo out now on live *Sucks I played it *
Tales of vespa demo out on live right now ( haven't tried it )
A big announcement by bungie is coming tomorrow also..
Ohh yes and i forgot to add, they're allowing players to install 360 games on the hd, greatly reducing load times and noise levels. ( if anybodies played an xbox for 2 hrs straight they know how loud it can get )

Sony screwed up big fucking time lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:16 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

When/where did they say that the will allow 360 games to be installed? I want to do this nao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:40 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

it will most likely come along with the new update. i'll let you know when that is exactly when i can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:35 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Damn its pretty much over as far as games go.

I thought this was coming though. Reading about how different the experience for RS: Vegas 2 players on PS3 and Xbox360 was a tell tale sign of the multiplayer differences between live and the inferior free online service Sony has to offer (not to mention Virtua Fighter 4 being online on 360 and not PS3).

The netflix thing is awesome, too bad my dad has blockbuster total access haha. All this adds up to people wanting the 120 GB drive even more, especially with the install of games on the HD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:43 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I wouldn't call it an inferior experience lol. Thats a little harsh. maybe on some online titles. But call of duty 4 looked played and was exactly the same experience on both consoles imo. I played them on both consoles fyi. I just happened to like the 360 version only because i had more people to play.

The problem with sony is they've found themselves running around with a double edged sword really. Bluray is nice, but if they would have opted for just dvd play back and released the system on 2005. Things would have been very different. They have been slow to the punch line really, exclusivity in their opinion isn't necessary. That i say right there is bullshit.

The reality is that sony wants to have the gaming business in the black this year, and they don't want to spend the money to force developers to produce games only on their console. So instead they just try to force people to think their lineup is better than everyone else. Littlebigplanet? Come on now... thats not enough.. Resistance 2 ok fine but what else... Ohh yea motorstorm 2. Ok and? Give me something else. Even though resistance and motorstorm might be worth looking at there isn't anything this year besides mgs 4 that would really push a person to get ps3.

SPeaking of sony's slowness, Playstation Home has been in beta for almost 2 years now. Nothing has come out of it its been in closed beta for months now, and its continues to be delayed. At this point along with the details that have come out, MS literally beat them to the punch and now has a new 3D interface coming up. This is because sony couldn't make up its mind on what it wanted playstation home to be.

PSN has alot of potential and i think *i think * sony knows this, hence why we've been seeing alot of exclusive downloadable content on ps3. Some of it imho way better than some of the shit offered on xbla.

We still havent heard what sony has in store for this year. But with all this news on microsofts front. Its really going to be hard to beat them to the punchline. Especially with the very very strong lineup they seem to have this year.

What sony needs to do, is get their heads on straight. I realize they might have a stronger group of first party developers * they do LOL except for nintento* they need to really work with third party developers and actually seek for exclusives. Triple A titles not exclusives like haze. They need to finish up playstation home and offer interesting content.

Post subject: Re: Looks like 360 Wins
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Mikey wrote:
Today, SE announced that ff 13 is no longer a ps3 exclusive, this along with many recent announcements makes the xbox 360 literally the system to own if you want to play rpgs.
:?

OK this mean This game is going to be on both system such as PS3 and 360 or they moved to 360 and dropped PS3 plan?

Edit wrote:
Nevermind found the answer.

Although no specific release date was confirmed, it was announced that the RPG will launch simultaneously on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in both the US and Europe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

yay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I[/youtube]

I DO NOT KNOW IF HE IS BEING REAL OR ACTING.

BUT THIS SHIT IS FUCKING FUNNY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:32 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Holy fucking shit!!!! That is so awesome. My only real gripe about the 360 compared to the PS3 is load times (being able to install the game helps so much). Everything about this is awesome!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:32 pm 
Eater of cow souls

i'm pretty sure he's acting lol. motherfucker drinking milk out of a big wine glass hahhaaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I wouldn't say getting a PS3 exclusive makes the xbox the winner. Sure, it's going to hurt some sales for Sony for the people buying the PS3 just for it, but I think it's just something to do with Mistwalker making games for the Xbox. Plus the Xbox is probably going to have at least 4 discs for it.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:09 pm 
Iron Chef

This really changes nothing other than sony getting hurt on console sales, which is allready 3 billion in losses to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

i wish my system broke, honestly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:36 pm 
Eater of cow souls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Being able to install games is cool. I could care less about a 3d avatar or mii like thing for my xbox. If nintendo would quit being bitchy about their internet gaming, I'd prolly play more.

I've never heard my xbox sound funny when playing. It used to make a weird noise but it stopped. The faster load time is cool, but will it be compatible with the old games? I'm not sure how that will work, but at least my 120gb will come in handy now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:05 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

ITT: Ponuh's hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:28 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Armani wrote:
Being able to install games is cool. I could care less about a 3d avatar or mii like thing for my xbox. If nintendo would quit being bitchy about their internet gaming, I'd prolly play more.

I've never heard my xbox sound funny when playing. It used to make a weird noise but it stopped. The faster load time is cool, but will it be compatible with the old games? I'm not sure how that will work, but at least my 120gb will come in handy now.

in theory it would work. just take a look at how many demos for xbox games are out there and they run fine.. think about it. its possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:58 am 
Eater of cow souls

lol. left to right is MS, nintendo, sony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Armani wrote:
The faster load time is cool, but will it be compatible with the old games? I'm not sure how that will work, but at least my 120gb will come in handy now.

I really hope it's compatible with old games. I would love to replay Lost Odyssey without all the crazy load times. And I also have a 120 GB drive that I felt was overkill till now. Now I'm glad I have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:54 am 

lolz uj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:37 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

yea it really just seems to me that all they talk about is whats up next. What they should be worried about is the what upcoming within the next 6 months.

They also need to stop worrying so much about graphics and start worrying about gameplay and actual fun factor. Maybe thats why you see more download games. But they just seem like temp solutions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:17 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

In another of sony's brilliant moves. They announced the 80 gig model was going to be 399$ starting sometime in September.

Of course they left out one little detail, they're removing backwards compatibility all fucking together. Just to save some money. What that means if your a new playstation owner sometime this fall, you might get screwed over if you try to play ps2 games on your console.

I swear to god sony's just on its back and acting retarded. This was supposed to be an important year for the company and so far its been lackluster with its push.

Littlebigblackmanplanet looks only appealing to children

Resistance 2 is a fine title but still its alone...

Killzone 2 - It isn't even fucking coming this year yet its on their e3 lineup.

Motorstorm 2 Pacific rift- A good game prob like the first one. But 2 titles this year and thats it?!

If sony wants a bigger slice of the pie they seriously have to keep the momentum up. Keep the mgs4 bundle up this entire year until god of war 3 comes out early next year.

And for fucks sake, stop looking towards the future stop it. Stop showing us stupid fucking trailers of games 3-4 years away. I'm sick of them making people wait.

Do it the way ms does it, show only the games you are going to have shipped this fall. Otherwise stop and think about how you are handling business.

I'm so fucking mad at sony. its not even funny. i'm considering outright selling my ps3 because i cannot find a way to get myself to play games on it.
All the people i wanna play games with are on xbox live. fuck man...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:51 pm 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

damn mikey, you were so gung ho behind sony too. This makes me sad. I've said it before that ps3 just doesn't have the games, the exclusives, or the online capablities of 360. But, I wouldn't completely throw sony under the bus just yet... they still have blu-ray going for them, and if I remember correctly both ps1 and ps2 releases were extremely slow at working up momentum. It wasn't until they lowered the price and released some big exclusives that they really made their mark and became a household staple. I'd give them at least another year or two before declaring the ps3 is indeed just a worthless pile of shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:05 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

they've been asking people for one more year ever fucking since xbox 360 came around.

I can't continue to play fucking nice. These people are morons lol. Fuck littlebigplanet, fuck gran turismo tv * for fucks sake stop boring us with accessories and release the real complete game *
I depended on the ps3 for rpgs. Meanwhile ms got everyone covered already. This is ridiculous lol

Next year ff13 comes on. * You know when dicks learn how to fly *
By that time mass effect 2 comes out.

Only game that ms has been promising for so many years and hasn't delivered has been alan wake. Its been a joke just like fucking playstation home.

You know what, while the sony american ceo started talking about playstation home. He should have been shot at for being a moron and devoting even 5 mins to talk about it. Playstation home was supposed to be a modern interface for players to do various things on ps3. Yet it fucking seems llike they can't get it right either. With the money they've spent on ps home they could have had 2 more exclusives these past 2 years.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion