It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Fallout 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:00 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

I'm enjoying it.

Really want to pick up Tales of Vesperia as well but for now Fallout 3 is pretty good.

I would put it under "rental" but ya may need to keep it for a while to beat it but it beats the money of actually buying it.

I'd give it about an 8.5 or even a 9/10

I absolutely loved my rental of the new Tiger Woods but those load screens killed it for me.

- Supa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:52 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

i've been debating about getting this game, i hear its just like oblivion but w/ guns. I never got into the fallout series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:06 pm 
Tough!
Tough!

I bought it, only spent about 2 hours with it but I already know it's worth the purchase. This is one of the top 10 best looking games of this gen, possibly top 5.

The character customization is deeeeeeeeeeep + you can create your own guns + you get to explore a HUEG like xbox map + a lot of player to player interaction + a karma system that puts Fable 2's to shame.

This is probably the best single player "game for your buck" out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:19 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

agreed, this has a lotta bang for your buck as I'm nowhere near finishing but I am glad I'm on Blockbuster's monthly game pass system so I am saving money by not buying it lol.

The game reminds a bit of all the chaos you can cause in GTA4, with a FPS interplay coupled with a feeling reminiscent of BioShock and a similar gameplay to Oblivion. It's pretty darn incredible. I'm sure the computer version would be the best one as the 360 has a few errors but it doesn't really ruin the game so much for me as it is crazy involving.

This is one of the first few games in a long time where I sit down to play it and the next time I look up I know if I don't go to bed it could very well be like the days of old and I'd be looking at dawn if I don't stop lol. I find this game really enjoyable and rather easy to get into and even easier to get absorbed in lol.

Since I found the Ghoul Underworld Museum town before level 8 I saved and literally went on a hilarious killing spree of that whole city. I dinged with bad karma, laughed so hard at the anarchy and carnage and got the bad karma @ level 8 achievement before just dying from exploring around. So now I think I'll be able to get the good and bad karma achievements rather easily. It's the 3 neutral karma achievements I think that will pose the most problems. Simply loving this game at the moment. I actually kind of made time for it and I'm a bit excited about Gears of War 2 but I probably won't get into it until maybe Decemeber due to the single player fun of FallOut 3 lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 am 
Invented Emo
Invented Emo

i have to admit I was looking for gow2 and/or fable 2 but they've been rented out since release, I was apprehensive about fallout 3 because i haven't liked similar games in the past: oblivion, mass effect, even the half life games didn't hold my attention very long... but I really dig this game, I'm playing it on 2 different gamertags currently one has very good kharma which i'm just starting to play around with, and has all the mind stats boosted and all the physical depleted. The other has got super evil kharma with full physical stats and no mind... i just go in and empty out towns full of people haha.. kill everything in sight. it's pretty intense, I suppose I will probably go back and create a nuetral character at some point too depending on how long I have with the game and how far I can get. both of my characters are only level 3 at the moment and haven't gone very far from vault 101. I'm begining to get my bearings for the game though so I should be able to get a lot further in the next couple of nights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:53 am 
Spammer, to the max!

Good luck Jim,
=D>

the game's towns remind me of a Final Fantasy game as I can easily spend a good amount of time in them doing a variety of things. A lot of thought got poured into this game.

Fable 2 "can" be a good game if you let it be, but part of me feels you can just beat it in a few hours and that will be that since my buddy told me about it and we even spent a few minutes playing it at his house over the weekend for a while. He said "rent it."

Gears of War 2 is a fun game, but it also has a fairly short storyline. However it's chalk full of features such as a horde mode feature where you and some friends can empty waves of horde up to 50, hidden stuff reminiscent of finding the COG tags from Gears 1, and the multiplayer has some pretty fun modes as well. It is even a bit like Perfect Dark where you can implement and play with and/or against bots in online play. If you were a Gears fan before it doesn't disappoint. This is a game that actually builds and is better than the original. I must admit it's pretty fun. I'm more into working with people to accomplish tasks than the same old drill of player vs. player. The new Call of Duty I believe will satisfy that hunger lol.

I very much look foward to playing Mirror's Edge. The game is getting some pretty high marks in reviews due to it being a very different type of game so hopefully when I get some free time I will be able to play it.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion