It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: China cracking down on RMTs?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:46 am 
Vanadiel Animal Rights Activist

Quote:
Online gamers have to give real names
(China Daily)
Updated: 2009-01-16 07:37

The government will start real-name registration for online game players this year, said Zhang Yijun, director of the General Administration of Press and Publication's technology and digital publication department.

Four online game companies' operations have been suspended after it was found that their software did not have the mandatory anti-addiction system, he said in Qingdao on Wednesday.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009 ... 403127.htm

Last edited by Pazrayna on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:22 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

No, not necessarly RMT. In china its becoming a bit of a social problem. The government doesn't want people to sit home and play online games. They want them out there working. Doing stuff.

Taking away another one of the people's liberties sadly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:23 pm 

I thought you didn't care about people's liberties when it came to addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:30 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Stop trying to pull me into a fight paz. I stopped commenting on shit because you just go on and on and on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:41 pm 

I go on and on? The biggest thread is 3 pages. You're forgetting that people go on and on about botters for 14 pages on these forums. So it's ok to bitch about botters ad nausem when you know they're not going to stop botting and even if they did stop botting, you'd still think they're botting so they might as well just keep botting for 14 pages, but if I defend my position for 3 pages about something IRL you need to lock the thread?!

So why care about the liberties of Chinese video game players, but not American drug users? What exactly is the difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:37 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

paz = ponuh = paz = ponuh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:11 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I'll be the better man and not pursue my point.

I suggest you do the same. Unlike Our government these forums ( whats left of it) are still dictated by its admins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:11 am 

What is your definition of liberty? Do you not feel it is a worthy cause? Do you believe in self-ownership?

Who/What is our government being dictated by in your opinion?

Why should the forums be dictated by anyone? I agree that because Yarr pays for it, he should have at least some say in what can and cannot be posted. But you saying fuck off and closing the thread when i explain what I meant by the few being the minority is just abuse of power. I was asking you a question. A question you would rather ignore or just don't quite understand then get mad at me for trying to better explain the question to you.

Minority rights are not race specific, you can be in the minority without being a certain race, sex, religion. When it comes to drug laws, drug users are the minority, etc. Because most people do not use those certain drugs that have been deemed dangerous by the government does that necessarily mean that it's ok to violate the rights of those who do use those certain drugs? Is the right to put substances of your own choosing into your own body not a liberty worth standing up for?!

I suppose the problem with libertarianism is there will always be some aspect of true liberty that someone will disagree with, such as drug use. I hit that nerve with you, but in no way am I sorry for doing that. I'm only sorry that my message of liberty was lost on you because of something we all agree on, drugs are bad, mmk.

I'm sure if our government tried to ban MMOs you'd all be up in arms over it.

Stop comparing me to Ponuh and read more Ayn Rand Whisp. Maybe someday you'll understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:45 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Final warning paz. Stay on subject...

Yarr wrote this

2) No personal attacks. No gay bashing, no hitting or making fun of people outside of the game. I mean you can call someone a cocktard irl, but no bashing someone because you know specific information about them irl. I draw the line there.

Taking liberties with what he said here. And because yarr just fucking loves laughing at my expense.

You are hereby

Gay bashing me.

You are hurting my feelings and it needs to stop. If it doesn't Action will be taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 am 

[spoiler]How am I hurting your feelings? By better explaining what the term minority means? seriously? you're offended by a definition?

I misinterpreted a sentence you posted. I've given you every opportunity to better explain exactly what you meant by it.

Doing some research on my own about the statement I kinda understand it a little better, but I felt I should better explain what I meant.

You just believe in altruism or utilitarianism or something like that and that does not necessarily mean you don't believe in minority rights. If you could just say that instead of saying fuck off maybe I'd better understand your moral stance.

Although altruism and utilitarianism do not place the rights of the individual as of high regard as objectivism or libertarianism. And yes, Whisp, Ayn Rand was morally opposed to altruism or self-sacrifice. That does not mean they don't support the rights of minorities, maybe not all minorities in all cases.

I'm not trying to attack you. I did take you out of context and you have every right to correct me. And that was the whole point of me posting it, to give you a chance to better explain what that means. My inference was wrong, I'll give you that. However, I was right in asking you to reiterate. If I did not, it would not be fair to you.

Stop looking at our debates as winning or losing, attacks and defenses but as a learning experience. I know I have. I've learned quite a few things debating with you, such as utilitarianism, the Zimbabwe inflation, etc. What's the point of a debate if you don't learn anything from the person you are debating with?

I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.

Well, I did attack you for acting irrationally to my inquiry and reiteration, but I don't think that's not attacking you IRL. I don't think telling me to fuck off and locking the thread was the best way to handle the situation. And I don't feel I'm wrong in saying that.

Is it a crime to try to better explain myself? [/spoiler]

-(A)-

Back on topic: Isn't one of the reason certain drugs are prohibited is because they are not conducive to a productive working class?

I remember there being a sign in Basic training we had to read saying a similar message that drugs are not compatible to military life, but forget the exact wordage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:55 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

No.. Its just I don't feel like explaining myself. Especially when you just loop it.
You take one thing I say and adapt it to fit another scenario. When i Argue thats a different situation you argue back that it is the same situation.

I'll say tomato you say its a berry. Its all going in one god damn circle and i'm getting fucking sick of giving you the benefit of the doubt.

You've been fucking talking to yourself in the drama boards. How does one reply to his own response not once not even fucking twice. But fucking 4 times. Paz you literally talking to yourself. Politics aren't this forums thing. You seriously are arguing with the wrong set of people. And don't talk me like I don't understand what you are asking me.

I'm just not gonna put the effort in reading your posts completely, because when I do reply. It doesn't go anywhere with you. You argue every little thing I say. I don't 100 % agree with the government, but the wild ideas your throwing at me and alot of these people on the forums isn't flying too well.

You are too stubborn to notice that...

Do you see me arguing with the guy who just posted pictures of his deformed hairy ass arm?

No.. Do you see me criticizing him about how he could have saved the ink he used, which most likely came from a fossil fuel source, that could have been used to save a couple of poverty stricken developmentally challenged ginger kids in Arizona from having to walk themselves to their under funded mental home. WTF

Suffice to say you cannot hold the world over your shoulders and expect not to feel the weight of it.
Take that from someone who actually has experience from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ooookay... I'll see you guys next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:07 pm 

Well, tomatoes and berries are both fruits.

The reason I brought up drugs in this thread is to point out that our government has taken similar liberties away from us. It's just that drugs is the only one I could think of right of the bat. It is the same situation if you look at it in respect to liberty.

Your replies do go somewhere with me. I research things you say. I researched Zimbabwe. I drew a different conclusion from my research. Just because you haven't changed my mind does not mean I don't read what you say, give it some thought, develop a better understanding, do more research on it and learn.

And well, the reason I made new posts instead of just editting it was so people would know they were new. I'm just reposting stuff from bureaucrash for the most part. I guess if you don't want to read it, maybe I should stop wasting my time, but copying and pasting only takes a few seconds, so it's not a big deal.

Mikey wrote:
No.. Do you see me criticizing him about how he could have saved the ink he used, which most likely came from a fossil fuel source, that could have been used to save a couple of poverty stricken developmentally challenged ginger kids in Arizona from having to walk themselves to their under funded mental home. WTF

Maybe you should ask him if he knew what the ink was made from. Ink can also be made from plant derived ingredients. I'm sure there's enough vegans out there that get tattoos that you should be able to find a tattoo parlor that uses such ink.

If enough people refuse to get a tattoo with inks derived from fossil fuels, the market will stop offering it and stop making them.

And about the charity, I feel everyone has the right to determine their level of altruism. Maybe you should tell him about the charity and hopefully he may agree it's a good cause and worthy of his capital. But in the end, only he should have the right to make that decision for himself, not you, not a government program.

Mikey wrote:
Suffice to say you cannot hold the world over your shoulders and expect not to feel the weight of it.

"Atlas Shrugged" - Ayn Rand

Whisp have you read that one? Would you recommend it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:19 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

atlas shrugged and anthem are the greatest novels ever.
fountainhead not far behind.
we the living is good.

she was by no means perfect at putting together suggestions for society. but at writing a novel about the virtues of selfishness, she is unmatched. that's all that matters in the end anyway. (that doesn't mean selfless acts are bad, rather selfless acts are actually selfish upon closer inspection).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:24 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWF9Al4NXRw[/youtube]

Paz is the black girl.

I'm the guy who pulls your hair at the end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:26 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Wow, she is retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm 

http://bureaucrashsocial.ning.com/video ... s-emergent

You might find this video interesting Whisp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:57 pm 

Mikey wrote:
I'm the guy who pulls your hair at the end

Yeah pulling her hair like that is akin to saying "Fuck off!" and locking the thread.

You are the self-appointed subway police. Great analogy!

Although, personally I wouldn't get in an elderly woman's face and use that kind of language, she has the right to say whatever she damn well feels like per 1st amendment. I don't agree with what she said, but she has the right to say it. And that guy had no right to pull her hair. No right at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:41 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I wont take the bait paz.

But the old lady told that girl to shut the hell up already. She went nuts on her following that. She didnt stop. And she was getting quite annoying. Getting her hair pulled was pretty funny. She deserved it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:07 pm 

No, she didn't. You noticed how she was backing off right before he pulled her hair. At that point she turned from being vocally aggressive to taking a defensive stance. He became the aggressor at that point. Annoyance does not justify physical violence.

You know if they would've just ignored her, she might have calmed down. That guy telling her to chill made her go nuts as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:48 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Pazrayna wrote:
No, she didn't. You noticed how she was backing off right before he pulled her hair. At that point she turned from being vocally aggressive to taking a defensive stance. He became the aggressor at that point. Annoyance does not justify physical violence.

You know if they would've just ignored her, she might have calmed down. That guy telling her to chill made her go nuts as well.

She provoked the entire situation. Before the video recorded. She yelled to the top of her lungs to that old lady, because the woman told her to shut up already. THe recording is what happened after that. She deserved it. That girl wouldn't shut the fuck up.

she only took the defensive stance after she got to close and made him the aggressor. And then following that she tried to get her friend who outright refused to go on and help her

holy fuck paz. I tried to lighen the mood and you just dragged me into another this and that argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:48 pm 
CKDs best thf ever
CKDs best thf ever

Oh snap Mikey's causing a ruckus for the peaceful ytp forums.

I kid I kid. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

thats the atlanta MARTA train. i ride it often. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:22 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

longtime no see rem.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion