It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Resident Evil 5
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:22 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Have any of you played this? Dmitry and I have been running through Co-op on hard I guess, and its really fun. I thought having 2 players would make it too easy, but we've been having some challenges. You can't trade weapons though, which makes it a little tough when we ran out of ammo a couple of times.

It plays almost exactly like RE4, except with a few different controls. It looks really nice I think, and the sound is good also. My only disappointment is that its only 6 chapters long, though so far they've been maybe 30-60 min per section of a chapter (5-1, 5-2, etc). The beginning few were shorter. Although we haven't beaten it yet, I'm pretty sure there's a Mercenaries mode, where you just kill zombies, that's co-op also.

I also read they're planning to release some adversarial multiplayer modes. One is like a competitive Mercenaries, and another you actually shoot the other players. I'm not looking forward to them so much, but it sounds cool anyway.

Also, while looking for that pic, I came across a topic where people think RE5 will come out for the Wii and be even better. RE4 was great on Gamecube, but RE5 is just awesome on Xbox360.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:54 am 
Spammer, to the max!

There has been a lot of good input on RE5 but Capcom is being little greedy whores on the 360 and releasing marketplace content for it that they probably should have just implemented in the game to begin with lol.

Halo Wars is fun but sadly it has slowly become a "build and throw" RTS in online multiplayer. Many people just rush you as soon as they can making games last only 5 minutes or less. However I have recently figured out that there is a good defense for this so I alternate strategies a bit when dealing with people tha do this. Is it better than any of the other RTS games?...NO, but it is a bit fun, just sad that since it is so "build and rush" that you never get to fully utilize certain units in the game since they are hardly ever needed.

I believe my next game will be Tiger Woods '09 since a lot of my online buddies are playing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:28 am 
". . ."
". . ."

Playing through RE5 now, picked it up at midnight release at my girlfriends gamestop.
Its only 6 chapters? Dayum! I'm already on chapter 5, I was hoping this was a longer game...

Ah well, I havn't done co-op yet so I'm sure that will be really fun, haha

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion