It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Final Fantasy VII for PS3/PSP in Japan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:58 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I wish I knew Japanese. They need to release this in USA ASAP!!!! I would love to play FFVII on my PSP. Having all the previous titles on hand held is the best.

http://kotaku.com/5206591/play-final-fantasy-vii-on-your-ps3-now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:58 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

you know you can do remote play on that game. just add disk in ps3 then start remote play on ps3 and get psp talk to ps3 and go to game and you will find a disk on there and click. your game can be played on there.

edit: oh yeah you can't take it with ya on road. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:17 pm 
DL Hughley

I wish everything could be on handheld. Japan even has a Suikoden 1/2 single disc package for psp, kills me that it won't come overseas.

Time to mail my psp to jp ffxi friends for download powah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yo Dead you need to teach me Japanese. I ordered the FFVII advent Children Blu Ray / FFXIII demo from playasia. Should be here soon. The demo is an hour long and jp only. I watched a little bit of demo gameplay on you tube and it looks like it's gonna be a badass game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqf0HSfuR78&feature=related[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:38 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

not impressed by that video at all. I realize that youtube downgrades video quality. But it doesn't look that far from what a ps2 can handle really.

Plus i gave up waiting. Kluya you realize you are paying 70 something odd dollars for a demo right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:35 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Kluya wrote:
jp only.

Good times.

Anyway, as long as it doesn't use the piece of shit combatsystem from FFXII, it's all good. It looks okay, but the whole AI-controlled helpers worries me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:51 am 

Mikey wrote:
not impressed by that video at all. I realize that youtube downgrades video quality. But it doesn't look that far from what a ps2 can handle really.

Plus i gave up waiting. Kluya you realize you are paying 70 something odd dollars for a demo right?

What wrong with pushing HQ button? unless your video card can't do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:47 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Pantherxx wrote:
Mikey wrote:

What wrong with pushing HQ button? unless your video card can't do it.

The HQ button. You're funny. That doesn't do much to clear it up.

I'm just not impressed. The generations has been the weakest in regards to rpgs. They suck now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:56 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Let me elaborate on that for a moment, since ps2, rpgs have continued to progress towards visually impressing a person than actually being any fun. Granted ps2 has some great rpgs, but not nearly as good in terms of quality than ps1.

That being said, every ff game were introduced with a new combat system. Take it or leave it. I dare suggest they make a cross generation combat system! One that leaves it up to the player on how to progress into the game. Without further introducing more and more complicated bull shit.
The japanese are menu whores. For some reason they love having shit like that . A simple intuitive and reactive battlesystem should work. FF12's battlesystem was throw up, it borrowed alot from 11 ( which imho was a huge mistake) and allowed you to control only 1 character while the others were controlled by the AI. Look if your going to have dummy characters standing around. Just make it mulitiplayer. What is with rpg makers and making a proper multiplayer rpg.
Not to be fucking mistaken with an mmorpg.
World of warcraft is not an mmorpg. It is an mmo
Final fantasy is an mmorpg. With extreme time consuming bullshit things to do.

SE has really losts its talent in making good games honestly. The last 2 games released last year, were complete trash. People should have charged SE 75 $ for the games.

I fell down the stairs a couple of mines ago. Which for some reason makes me wanna do 2 things.

Hate on rpgs.
And contemplate having unprotected sex with megan fox so she can have my babies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:21 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

I really liked FF12's battle system. At the time, I had just quit FF11, and I was just looking for a game that was very much like FF11 without the multiplayer aspect. FF12 was right on the money for me. I did have one major qualm about the battle system which was that black magic was really weak and useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:36 pm 
DL Hughley

This generation of /console/ is rpg weak, please exclude DS from the record. I just got Dark Spire and it's gonna be my new "on the train" game for quite a while in both retro and modern modes.

Need some multiplayer Mass Effect action. /raisesfist. Mikey go buy crystal cronicles for ds and we can play on wifi :Q

Kluya I don't know jp, I only know how to read one sort of writing (the one that makes english sounds). What's funny is MOST of the items, magic, abilities, etc in Final Fantasy games are actually given engrish names. I mean literally. Instead of naming the Holy Lance "Kamiyari" or something it's literally "Hori Ransu" spelled out in the jp english sound system. You should ask Viviti about that or you can probably find a guide online...actually a jp friend on ffxi taught me to read it and I got good at it since the linkshell is jp only. They are pretty helpful lol. This is how I was able to play Dissidia, which btw has an american website now, can't wait for VA cast announcements!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:44 am 

Ok mikey let say only in FF games area which of FF fighting system or combat system was best? only in FF area from FF1 to FF12 even gameboys system.

Then last which is SHITTIES one ever that made game died so fast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 am 
DL Hughley

I wasn't a fan of battles in FF9 simply because the ATB in that game was so amazingly slow. Even maxed out, with haste, and the speed turned up those battles dragged like slugshit. However, I do enjoy the four member party and the unity attacks between vivi and steiner. Freya is still one of the cooler looking/animated ff characters as well.

I liked the FFX battle system because the battles could go as fast or as slow as you wanted, granted it's a bit cheap to be able to see the exact order of battle but it was interesting in that every single action had a sort of delay to it and you could strategize your member swaps accordingly. I only wish enemy groups could have been larger to really draw out the battles more and make it so you needed more swaps per fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:13 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

VIII was horrible because it just became a summons spam which was slow and repetitive, plus the weapons were boring and made of stupid nuts and bolts, and because magic was an item that you had to boringly collect in order to use.

XI was the best because it's the only game that really utilized enfeebles and enhancements, and there were a lot of features like different weapons and knowing the enemy's weakness and the day of the week, and skillchains and magic bursts were awesome, and player positioning was important, and it required teamwork and a lot of trust.

wow i didn't know i could write like a 13 year old, but it's probably because i'm hung over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:38 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Whisp wrote:
VIII was horrible because it just became a summons spam which was slow and repetitive, plus the weapons were boring and made of stupid nuts and bolts, and because magic was an item that you had to boringly collect in order to use.

I recently replayed FFVIII, and it wasn't as bad as I remembered. The Draw-system is a bitch for sure, and when you start getting Aura you can just stack all your magic on Squall and kill every story-boss within 1 minute with Renzokuken. It was still fun, though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:29 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Pantherxx wrote:
Ok mikey let say only in FF games area which of FF fighting system or combat system was best? only in FF area from FF1 to FF12 even gameboys system.

what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:27 am 

Mikey wrote:
Pantherxx wrote:

what?

do you want me to put that in Spanish? j/k lol

ok let me make it clear.

1. Which of Final Fantasy battle system was better?
(Note: only in 1 thru 12 and gameboys are ok)

2. Which of Final Fantasy battle system you really dislike?

and last,
3. Which Final Fantasy was best of all?

I hope that helps mikey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:16 am 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Pantherxx wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Pantherxx wrote:

what?

do you want me to put that in Spanish? j/k lol

ok let me make it clear.

1. Which of Final Fantasy battle system was better?
(Note: only in 1 thru 12 and gameboys are ok)

2. Which of Final Fantasy battle system you really dislike?

and last,
3. Which Final Fantasy was best of all?

I hope that helps mikey.

Ohh, well that depends. A turned based active battle system simliar to ff 7 was ok. But i admit it hasn't aged gracefully. Its some of SE other rpg's battle systems that should be looked into. Xenogears had a turned based fighting game combat system. WHich was excellent. Chrono trigger had a turned based ally based combat active time battle system.

I'm suggesting that ff 13 give the player a choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:02 am 

hmmm I gotta play that Xenogears and see what your talking about. yes I did fail to play that one. lol

As for Chrono Trigger I will have to agreed with ya on that one but what about the Chrono Cross the 2nd installment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:45 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Pantherxx wrote:
hmmm I gotta play that Xenogears and see what your talking about. yes I did fail to play that one. lol

As for Chrono Trigger I will have to agreed with ya on that one but what about the Chrono Cross the 2nd installment?

Chrono cross adopted a turn based system with elemental based attacks on it. It was more annoying than anything else. It was interesting sometimes. But it got progressively annoying if you fought an enemy with elemental magic too, since they had an effect on the table too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 am 

yeah elemental was a bitch to mess with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:14 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

So I preordered the FFVII AC Blu Ray along with the FFXIII demo from play asia. It shipped over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received it. I suppose the $5 shipping option was a bad idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:50 am 

lol it would take 3 to 4 week or worse 6 to 8 week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:52 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

Pantherxx wrote:
lol it would take 3 to 4 week or worse 6 to 8 week!

even after all that time passes.

The game will still suck lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:37 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I finally got the demo. It's about an hour long and fucking awesome. The FMVs look better than any 360 or PS3 game on my TV, the sound is amazing, the battle system is fun, and I like the setting (reminds me of FFVII). I wish I could read Japanese. I'd consider importing the Japanese full game when it releases later this year. I don't think I can wait for the US release after playing it!

The Advent Children Blu Ray didn't blow me away really. It looks a little better than the DVD but nothing crazy. It has an English voice option but no Engrish subtitle option. I prefer the Japanese voices with English subtitles.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion