It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Yarr wrote:
This kind of Final Fantasy is even making me miss the FFVIII Draw system.

Oh snap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

kyuss wrote:
Yarr wrote:
This kind of Final Fantasy is even making me miss the FFVIII Draw system.

Oh snap!

god don't go there! #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:56 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Snow is so stupid that he could ruin a game by himself as a character. The second disc isn't much better than the first disc. Libra and good paradigm management... the game is a cakewalk so far. I heard that Ch 11 is where it gets more difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:14 pm 
DL Hughley

I didn't feel compelled to complete the postgame hunts, final weapons, and max levels. I think it's funny that Japan ate this game up like it was candied apples but they shit on FF Mystic Quest. Least Mystic Quest (aka: FF Easy) had a kickass final dungeon theme.

Still the storyline ends up decent and pretty exciting, with a few solid twists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:19 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Japan eats up shitty games left and right like they are candied apples. I don't think I will ever take the opinion of Japanese gaming mags like Famitsu seriously. Too many perfect scores, and the games they give those scores to... are usually undeserving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 pm 
DL Hughley

Yeah I think they actually gave this game a 12 out of 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Overall I really enjoyed FFXIII. I beat the game with 50 hours of playtime. I hated most of the characters at first because they were a bunch of little bitches. Like Dead said, they become more likeable later in the game. Fang is my favorite because she's a tough bitch with a likeable personality. The game gets harder near the end of the 11th chapter, and the beginning of the 12th is one of the coolest cutscenes in the game. The final boss fights were exciting and I enjoyed the ending. Overall the graphics, gameplay, and music in the game are amazing. It wasn't my favorite Final Fantasy story but it was good. I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

I'm currently 60+ hours in completing hunts and farming gil for ultimate weapons for my A team (Fang, Light, and Hope). Farming gil in FFXIII post-game is slow and painful. Maxing out weapons costs about 1.5ish million gil each, not including the Trapezohedron which can be annoying to farm. The Adamantortoise and Adamantoise enemies you need to kill to farm the Trapezohedron is hard even with all characters at rank 5 in their 3 primary roles and it's a 1% drop. There another enemy (Long Gui) with a 5% drop but it has twice as much HP and is much stronger. I can't even dream of killing one.

I'm sorry to hear so many people disliked this game. I would cry if I was disappointed with FFXIII. I've been anxiously awaiting it's release for years! I am a Final Fantasy fanboy and enjoyed the majority of FF games (including Mystic Quest). The only Final Fantasy games I didn't like were Tactics and FF8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:10 am 
Eater of cow souls

Kluya wrote:
Farming gil in FFXIII post-game is slow and painful. Maxing out weapons costs about 1.5ish million gil each, not including the Trapezohedron which can be annoying to farm. The Adamantortoise and Adamantoise enemies you need to kill to farm the Trapezohedron is hard even with all characters at rank 5 in their 3 primary roles and it's a 1% drop. There another enemy (Long Gui) with a 5% drop but it has twice as much HP and is much stronger. I can't even dream of killing one.

enjoy the pleasures of FFXI without an internet connection!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ultimaj wrote:
Kluya wrote:
Farming gil in FFXIII post-game is slow and painful. Maxing out weapons costs about 1.5ish million gil each, not including the Trapezohedron which can be annoying to farm. The Adamantortoise and Adamantoise enemies you need to kill to farm the Trapezohedron is hard even with all characters at rank 5 in their 3 primary roles and it's a 1% drop. There another enemy (Long Gui) with a 5% drop but it has twice as much HP and is much stronger. I can't even dream of killing one.

enjoy the pleasures of FFXI without an internet connection!

Seriously! haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I beat the game. I have very very little desire to get the max weapons. I killed all the non-blue turtle versions, farmed enough to upgrades one weapon to max and such. But I'll be damned if I'm going to waste a bunch of time getting that trophy.

Final Fantasy: Turtle Quest

I think they could have done a lot better. Probably won't ever play this one again, sadly. I did like the story, but until I completely forget it, I don't need to play the game again. Which is pretty sad for a FF game. 0 Replay value for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:19 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i loved FF12 and didn't like FF10. i'm worried FF13 might be more like FF10. but im still looking forward to playing it when Thunderstomp is done playing it. i just hope there is a lot of open-endedness, path choosing, job specialization, weapon customization, complex battles, once you get past the supposed linear beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:21 am 
Tough!
Tough!

well, there is "job specialization" but you don't get to choose who gets what main jobs. Weapons aren't customizable, but you do get to level them up for extra stat bonuses. I'm about to beat the game, and I must say I've had mixed feelings. I liked and hated the crystarium system. I liked and hated the linearity. Once I got to Gran Pulse, there was lots to do, but it was a pain in the butt to do them. I probably will play this game again, in a couple of years.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion