It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Duke Nukem Forever just got re-announced.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

At PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) today, Gearbox software appeared out of nowhere to tell everyone that Duke Nukem Forever is coming out in 2011, and is actually playable on the show floor today.

It's only taken 13 Years, but the game finally exists. Even though the game got canned last year when it's studio finally went bust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:21 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

For real?
I honestly saw this coming, not now, but I figured in 5 years from now someone would be like "WERE BRINGING IT BACK!"

Pretty cool. Time to kick some ass and chew bubblegum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm 
DL Hughley

I'm gonna rip off your head and shit down your neeeeeck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:28 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

I got balls of steel!

Post subject: Re: Duke Nukem Forever just got re-announced.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:58 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Hail to the King, Baby.

It's finally coming. May 3rd in NA, May 6th Worldwide.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 am 

Damn ket beat me to it! I am soo getting this game and kick ass on those bastard that took out on ladies. muhahahahahahah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:32 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Balls of Steel Edition:

Quote:
You want it. You need it. Now, we're bringing it. Introducing the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition.

Arriving alongside the standard editions of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3, 2011 (North America) and May 6, 2011 (International), the Balls of Steel edition represents a must-have for those who have been awaiting the return of the King and will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.

In addition to a copy of the legendary shooter, the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition includes:

* Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
* Numbered, limited-edition certificate of authenticity
* 100-page hardcover book: The History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
* Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
* Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
* Duke Nukem Forever collectible comic book
* Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
* Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
* Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
* Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

Priced at $99.99, the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition will be available exclusively through GameStop and Amazon in the United States. Quantities will be limited, so be sure to pre-order as soon as you can!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:09 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Ketrebu wrote:
Balls of Steel Edition:

Quote:
You want it. You need it. Now, we're bringing it. Introducing the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition.

Arriving alongside the standard editions of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3, 2011 (North America) and May 6, 2011 (International), the Balls of Steel edition represents a must-have for those who have been awaiting the return of the King and will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.

In addition to a copy of the legendary shooter, the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition includes:

* Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
* Numbered, limited-edition certificate of authenticity
* 100-page hardcover book: The History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
* Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
* Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
* Duke Nukem Forever collectible comic book
* Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
* Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
* Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
* Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice
*Two Steel Balls

Priced at $99.99, the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition will be available exclusively through GameStop and Amazon in the United States. Quantities will be limited, so be sure to pre-order as soon as you can!

*Fixed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:13 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Steam just started downloading this. After 13-14 years it finally releases tomorrow here.

Attachment:
File comment: Duke Download
duke.jpg
duke.jpg [ 96.77 KiB | Viewed 1481 times ]

I'm a little dubious about the two weapon-switch thing (ugh) but otherwise I'm quite happy to play this even if it's supposedly a bit mediocre. Which is what I'm expecting because no game can survive 10+ years of development hell. I figure as long as I go in with average expectations I'll get to enjoy it for being silly and over the top.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Impressions:

I've heard a lot of negative surrounding this game ever since the demo released the other week. From what I can tell, they must have picked a really crappy area to show off the game, because the first couple of hours of this game are pretty good.

The graphics look a little dated, but I expected that. The game is running on a 2004ish engine with assets made to most likely be completed 3-4 or so years ago. Even with all the settings on maximum, it looks quite rough. It's not terrible by any means, but it aint Crysis.

The two weapon switch thing is a real shame. It's my biggest disappointment with the game, I can't believe they decided to copy this horrible console shooter thing for this game. Duke has a ton of situational weapons from shotguns to rocket launchers, to shrink and freeze rays and pipe bombs and trip mines stuff, and only being able to carry 2 at a time is a huge letdown. Instead of being able to decide how I want to take out the enemies in the room, I'm forced to do it one way determined by whatever weapon was lying around in the previous room, it sucks. All games that do this except for "realistic military shooters" suck for doing it.

There is tons of stuff to play around with if you just take the time to look around. I found a fully working pinball table which I must have spent a good 30+ minutes on. I also found a microwave, checked the cupboards, found some instant popcorn and cooked it in the microwave (which displayed NUKEM on it's LCD when I turned it on) which took about a minute popping away until I finally took it out and ate it. Also found a fully working slot machine, a remote control car, and a bunch of other stuff. There's just a ton of interaction in this game, and the majority of this stuff will increase your maximum health (called Ego) each time you do something. I'm quite impressed on this front.

All in all, after the first couple of hours I can say the game is fun though. Just don't go in expecting the latest blockbuster, expect an average game that's fun to play through, and enjoy the humor that goes with playing a self-centric egotistical womanizer in a game that doesn't take itself seriously.

Some screenshots I took so far:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:16 am 

Nice SS and last part, What with Halo gear doing in there!?

Switching 2 weapon is let down for sure when I am used to having a lot of weapons on Quake and Doom which is more fun.

As side game to play that looks fun.

Btw did Duke get chance to bang bang on those two ladies in house? If so that would be AWESOME! heh heh.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion