It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

What system's games are you most looking forward to right now?
PS3 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Wii 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
360 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
PSP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
DS 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
3DS 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
PC 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Upcoming Games
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:26 am 
DL Hughley

As we enter the final quarter of the year the time has come to look toward new releases. Personally, I haven't been following console games closely for a while now. The only ones I've bought all year were FF13, Mass Effect 2, and Red Dead Redemption. However there have been and seem to be a handful of good looking handheld releases coming out between Summer and the holiday season. I just picked up Ace Combat Joint Assault for PSP.

Others I'm looking forward to/have reserved:

Etrian Odyssey 3 - This series has had me hooked since day 1

Final Fantasy Heroes of Light - Essentially a re-imagining (hate that term) of the original FF with a brand new job system and a fleshed storyline. The first original handheld Final Fantasy (mainline type).

Scribblenauts 2 - Nouns weren't enough, they've now added numerous (10,000+), splendid, wonderful, and altogether useful adjectives to breathe new life into your nouns

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - I've been waiting six years. I feel like Davy Jones staring at the beach from the bow of the Flying Dutchman searching for this series. My only wish now is that it was delayed another year so it could come out on the 3DS.

Professor Layton 3 - Layton is always good and it comes out just a couple days from now!

999 - Haven't heard much about it but it may have promise. Appears to be a puzzler/thriller where your guy is trapped on a sinking boat with 8 other people and must rescue them. Seems to have elements of the Saw movies (trap some people in a bad, bad situation and make a game of it) but really this quote from the localization director is what interests me: "It is about relationships, and how they will ultimately kill you." Sounds about right.

In terms of games that have already come out that I plan on picking up at some point there's Dragon Quest 9, which I've heard is basically a handheld MMO. Puzzle Quest 2 is pretty much guaranteed addictive fun, I loved the original. I plan on picking up MGS: Peace Walker when the price drops. I'd like to see another DS Castlevania, it's been about two years since Order of Ecclesia.

What I'm really looking forward to is the 3DS, and I figure most killer apps being made right now will probably be for that. Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus, MGS, Resident Evil, Mario, PilotWings, etc. Really hope there's at least one RPG at launch and maybe a baseball game, baseball'd be cool in 3D. I've heard that SE is looking at the far-off possibility of top-grade FF5/6 remakes for 3DS if it sells well. "If" haha.

So what are all of you looking forward to or planning on getting so you have something to play between FF14 release and FF14 being playable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:17 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Castlevania for the ps3 looks absolutely amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:34 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Fallout New Vegas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 am 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

I am loving Valkyrie Chronicles 2 which recently came out. And I've been playing Monster Hunter Tri with a friend so we're looking forward to Monster Hunter 3 for the PSP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:55 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

ff14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am 
DL Hughley

Caduceus wrote:
I am loving Valkyrie Chronicles 2 which recently came out. And I've been playing Monster Hunter Tri with a friend so we're looking forward to Monster Hunter 3 for the PSP.

I remember being excited for the original monster hunter on PS2 and not buying it for some reason. I've been meaning to try the series ever since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:26 pm 
Emo Immolator
Emo Immolator

DeadLegend wrote:
Caduceus wrote:

I remember being excited for the original monster hunter on PS2 and not buying it for some reason. I've been meaning to try the series ever since.

If you have a wii you must buy Monster Hunter Tri. I will play with you if you get online with it. If you need any motivation watch this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVnnq9juwU[/youtube]

My friend and I yell the lyrics from Mastodon's "White Whale" in to chat when we fight this thing. SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER -- WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE. Really, it's a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:56 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Cad let's play MH3!

I'm looking forward to the 3DS, but not the money for buying one lol. I kinda need a new DS since my shoulder buttons don't work all the time though, so it won't be too bad. A lot of the games announced for it look awesome too.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:03 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Yeah its all FFXIV for me. I have nothing else that even challenges it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:12 pm 
Eater of cow souls

halo reach, new assassin's creed, wow cataclysm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:18 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Just beat Metroid other M on Wii its awesome cutsceen and stories take place right after Super Metriod on SNES, Now I am getting back to beta atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:03 pm 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

Other M and Valkyrie Chronicles 2 are my current now playign/just beaten. I am reasonably excited for Etrian Odessy 3, Golden Sun, and Dragon Age 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:08 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I'm annoyed because Civilization V comes out one day before FFXIV's collectors edition does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:40 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I've been looking forward to Fallout new vegas since it was first announced. I played the shit out of Fallout 3 and did every single quest including all the expansions, and still wanted more. That game was so awesome.

I have Fallout New Vegas preordered, but sadly I see FF14 consuming all my game time. It will be hard to juggle both with the little free time I have.

I wanted to play Other M but never got around to it. My girlfriend bought me Halo: reach as a random gift, but I had her take it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:22 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

Star Wars The Old Republic, and maybe Cataclysm if FFXIV doesn't get any better lol

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion