It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:21 pm 
DL Hughley

Has anybody got this yet? I pre-ordered from BestBuy but got an email today telling me it's backordered and won't ship for a week or two. I've checked amazon, target, gamestop, and walmart with the same results. Each of those websites still says it came out yesterday so it wouldn't appear to be a last minute release delay. I just find it hard to believe (despite the long wait and excitement for this game) that EVERYWHERE sold out of it, and sold so many that they couldn't fulfill pre-orders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:00 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I have not gotten it yet, but I plan to pick it up once I finish DQ9 and 4 heroes of light, and perhaps Sonic Colors if I pick that up too.

I really liked the first two games, and I want to really like this one, but it's set 30 or so years after the 2nd right? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:58 am 
DL Hughley

Yeah it's set 30 years later and you play as the children of the original heroes. I don't mind, my only problem right now is that I haven't had time to replay the originals but then again, I was just granted 2 extra weeks.

At this point I'm a little bummed that it wasn't delayed another 6 months, would have been a tide-turning 3DS launch title. Gonna be another 6 years before we get kickass full 3D Golden Sun!

How is FF 4 heroes of light?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:36 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Opened and in my game case in case I beat DQ9 lol. I've been really bad about finishing my games so I'm trying not to start too many at once. Will let you know once I do though.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:11 am 
Devourer of Souls~
Devourer of Souls~

i played about 6-7 hours of the game. I enjoy the combat and the puzzles for the most part although neither are without their gripes. the story on the other hand is kinda mundane feeling and at least up to the point where I am they constantly push you further and further away from your original goal. And I understand that some of that is necessary to get the heroes out the door and away from their safety blankets, but its annoying that until about hour 5 I didn't accomplish any goals it was just one diversion from a previous goal after another. At hour seven I'm finally wrapping up this whole Alchemy forge thing but I think there's one more diversion coming up before they'll actually let me leave the region.

Anyway the story has kept me from playing it non-stop but I do pick it up beat a dungeon... get bored of the story... pick it up later get bored of the story, pick it up beat a dungeon. repeat. And honestly playing it like that has been pretty satisfying overall... Still I better beat it before Cata launches though > >

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Does the fighting looks as cool as it did on the first 2? Also I agree Dead I wish they would've waited for the 3DS, that would have made this game look amazing I bet.

Ponuh wrote:

Post subject: Re: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:21 pm 
DL Hughley

Battles are just as dynamic as those in the old games. The camera swings around for special attacks and magic spells. Every weapon type has its own particular graphic and artifact weapons are unique. Characters jump around for djinn attacks and howling weapon attacks. Summons all look great, even low level ones. You can skip the animations any time you want to though. Seems to me I've collected more Djinn at this point than I had at the same point in the old games.

I'm about where Vurin was when he posted, the alchemy forge. I still haven't had a real boss fight and I'm absolutely friggin stunned by the amount of dialogue in this. It's on a scale akin to MGS4 and most of it so far is pretty useless. Haven't done anything toward the main quest

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:15 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

But everything in MGS4 was extremely important!

I'll probably play this once my brother is done with the GBA ones and I can replay those.

Also I started 4 Heroes Of Light. It's nice, like an old school RPG where you have to talk to NPCs for hints about what to do. I might start a topic if I'm not too lazy.

Ponuh wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:41 pm 
DL Hughley

Cool, let me know how 4 heroes turns out. One thing I do wish is that this game had more outside of battle psynergy for puzzles. There are a couple new ones so far but nothing outrageous. Still, the battles are exciting enough and the djinn customization is engaging enough to keep me with it, just like old GS. I'll probably replay the old ones after this.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion