It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Terraria - 2D Minecraft/RPG/Platformer/Castlevania Thing
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:39 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Ridere wrote:
What about the new water behavior? Is that a glitch, or intentional? I used to be able to lay down dirt and the hollow it out to make dry areas, but no more. It's a pain in the butt.

It's intentional, you can't do it anymore. Not to lava anyway.

You can still do it to water using sand. Drop the sand into the water from above, and then mine out the sand. Then drop the sand back into the water from above.

Lava isn't so simple. Best way is to drain some water onto it so you can mine it as obsidian.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:46 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Wow, I see... Well, at least the sand thing is useful for water. That's pretty harsh, tho.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:10 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

To be honest, I dont know how to judge how far along I am. I dont remember how many stars I have but i have the meteor armor, a green phaseblade, the starfury, maybe the muramasa (sounds farmiliar but idk), the ball o' hurt, and other random accessories and stuff, so I might be further along than i thought. I'll check it out when i get home and let you know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Easiest way to track progression is to keep tabs on your armor tier and which bosses you've beaten.

Off the top of my head it's roughly something like this:

Copper
Iron
Silver
Gold
* Eye of Cthulu
Meteor
* Eater of Worlds
Shadow
Jungle
* Skeletron
Necro
Molten
* Wall of Flesh
Cobalt
** The Twins
Mythril
** The Destroyer
Adamantite
** Skeletron Prime
Hallowed

* Boss
** Hard Mode Boss - Extremely unlikely to solo until you have Hallowed set.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:57 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

I've done that way out of order haha... skeletron was actually the first boss i beat, i attacked eater of worlds enough to get the shadow scales I needed for the pickaxe i wanted, so I never went back until recently. I haven't even gotten around to the jungle underworld yet, about to go there now, was clearing te dungeon first. I really want to get the ivy grappling hook.. still haven't made the necro armor yet either, but i have the molten armor and hamaxe so far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:09 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I started to make a hellevator on our private server. I didn't have any luck with the sand for getting rid of water, but I had great success with placing a door at the bottom of a pool and opening and closing it. haha.

I hope they don't patch that out.

Probably start making our base all flat and platformed up for fighting the eyeball soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:40 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Ridere, I just dig dig dig even when water is flooding your tunnel but you will also need water to get thru lava part as well til you hit hell. Remember once the water is in hell it will dry out as you stay in there til water goes away. That how I do it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:15 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Well, kitty and I killed the eyeball last night. The damage the eyeball does was never the problem, instead it's just me doing enough damage before daylight, since the eyeball never shows up right at the start of night. Either way, we shuriken'd it up and got it down.

Kitty went to bed for the night, and I went to go solo the eater of worlds to see how it'd go, and it's a piece of cake. Honestly, with nothing more than gold armor, gold broadsword, and a variety of different wimpy accessories, he was really no trouble. I ended up farming him 3 times, simply 'cause he was so easy. I'd even go as far as to say he should be the first boss, simply 'cause you don't need to invest in shurikens to beat him. Not to mention that it also drops the shadow scales needed for all the demonite tier stuff, and the eye does not.

So either way, we'll probably farm him a handful more times, just for the lulz, tonight, and then kitty and I should have a full set of demonite tier stuff. Those upgrades will be much appreciative.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:37 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Eye of Cthulu can be spawned the moment the music changes to night-time with a suspicious looking eye (10 lenses at a demon altar). You don't have to wait for the "you're powerful enough to beat me so i'm going to randomly spawn each night until you do" version.

The eye also originally had to be beaten first because it was the only way to get Demonite Ore, and the Eater of Worlds didn't used to drop hearts either. The Eater of Worlds is easy as heck because of all the extra hearts it drops as you kill each piece. The Destroyer (hard mode version) is equally easier because of the hearts the pods drop as you kill them.

If you have a Cross Necklace, which increases the amount of time you're invincible after getting hit, you can literally just stand there and swing at it, and the dropped hearts will heal you faster than it damages you.

You probably won't be able to get most of this stuff yet (it requires the goblin tinkerer or drops from Mimics in hard mode) but my personal boss fighting (and standard use, really) accessory loadout is:

Warding Cross Necklace (+4 Def, Extra Invincibility Time)
Warding Philosopher's Stone (+4 Def, Potion Cooldown Reduced to 45s)
Warding Obsidian Shield (+6 Def, No Knockback, Immunity to Fire Blocks)
Warding Spectre Boots (+4 Def, Running Speed, Rocket Jump)
Lucky Angel Wings (+2% Crit, Flight, Immunity to Fall Damage)

The only reason my Angel Wings aren't Warding is because it costs a fortune to reforge them, something like 50 gold per try. You'd be amazed how much all the extra defense and that cross necklace helps your survivability though. In my old boss video you can see I don't die at all compared to Yarr and Panther.

Anyway, gone off track. Once you're loaded on demonite tier stuff you need to think about downing Skeletron. I personally, back in the day, did it with a Phaseblade (the light saber, crafted from gems and meteorite bars), but that was back when the potion cooldown was about 10 seconds.

If there's more than one of you though you're in a much better position because you're allowed to die during the fight. Bring a bed with you and build a small wooden shack next to the dungeon to act as your respawn point. This'll be handy not only when fighting Skeletron but also for all the times you'll die inside the Dungeon itself. When you want to go back home, just remove the bed, and your spawn point will go back to world spawn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I did notice the hearts dropping, yah. But even with just gold armor and a few accessories that maybe added a few extra defense (shackle, etc), the body pieces from the boss only did 1-2 damage a hit, so it was really not that bad. Not when the weakest potions give 50 hp. haha

And yah, Skeletron will be on our radar soon. The game opens up a lot more once you get demonite, since you're so hindered by gold- pickaxes. Will farm some meteors, too.

Now that there's a lot harder places, is the dungeon any easier, or is it still basically just constant monster fighting? haha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:54 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Dungeon is slightly harder. The chests will all be locked, so you need to farm the monsters inside for keys rather than dashing for the chests. All the monsters inside have a small chance of dropping one, but the big slime, if you see it, almost always drops one.

There are also a lot more traps (dart traps), spinning spike flails, and some kind of fast glowing wall crawling thing that zips by all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:52 am 

heh, I remember we used to mash and grab those chest in those dungeons but when reddit updated game with those gold key that only can be used once on locked gold chest that change game plans.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:04 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Haha, interesting. Can't wait to test it out. Will just have to have someon constantly on monster duty.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 pm 

It's not that hard but for you I would bring alot of potions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm 

Here something funny that someone made a comic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/22/terra ... 0&ns_fee=0

/sadface

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:56 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Thats too bad. Id be ok with DLC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 pm 

:( aww man. :( Well I was hoping there was more update but not as fast it would be like when they used to make so many update in 2011. But its still fun.

When march comes I have to go on ket's server and clean up the snow that I made on Softcore world. There is one area that has a bio snow that I am going to leave that ket made which is cool!.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:20 pm 
Too Weak
Too Weak

hi im new here im rhio and i find this game interesting, It sounds like it would be a lot more fun playing here..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

haha. Way to contribute to the forums...

Attachments:
U2adt[1].jpg
U2adt[1].jpg [ 108.23 KiB | Viewed 2383 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion