It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:23 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Skyrim Glitch Rant
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:29 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Exploring the game has been really fun, finding new towns, settlements, dungeons etc. is all pretty cool. Until I cleared a cave that was part of the main story. When I got to the main story quest that sent me to that cave, the companions that were with me wouldnt go past the first puzzle (that i already cleared) so I cant finish the quest.

After some research, I found out I am not alone. Apparently its a big problem (among others).

I can force the completion of the quest, and probably get the shout using the command, but it still pissed me off to the point I dont want to play till they patch it.

Up until that point, I had a LOT of fun, the game looks great, works really well with a controller and has had a cool story line.

Hopefully they fix it soon...... Till then, moar Ifrit/Moogle.....

Post subject: Re: Skyrim Glitch Rant
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:28 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

i faced a glitch too -- doing the stormcloak quests causes huge changes in the political world, and a certain jarl needed for the main story quest wasn't where he was supposed to be... after several days of searching online i discovered the solution--i had to activate some other quest involving the jarl and it causes him to relocate to where i need him to be.

Post subject: Re: Skyrim Glitch Rant
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:00 am 
Spammer, to the max!

I just hate the bugs where quest items stay in your inventory after the quest is completed and there's no way to get rid of them without using console commands, which I refuse to use because I feel like I'm cheating by doing so :P

At least I was able to exploit a "bug" for one of these times where somehow I ended up with five Red Eagle Fury's swords by looting a Forsworn Briarheart (I had already completed the quest much earlier on, so not sure why this dude had five of them in his inventory); I couldn't remove them from my inventory even though I had done the quest long ago, so I equipped them and threw them onto weapon plaques in my house. Too bad I can't do the same for Finn's Lute and the Strange Amulet.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion