It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:52 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Re: Dungeon Defenders. Ranked Characters.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 am 
Even Match
Even Match

Fuck those spiders haha. You can level up fast with randoms and really it's not that bad. Most everyone respects the loot rule and I think it's more fun with others. Occasionally you will get players that are awful, but it only adds to the excitement... Or frustration depending on the level. Maybe I'm a little bias since I've been playing a lot with Soul so I always know there's at least another good person on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Ridere wrote:
So ket, you've a player build, instead of a tower build, I'm assuming?

No, that's 250,000 DPS with a pure tower build, lol.

Only difference is that I have found a mythical weapon with about 800 damage base, and 104 upgrade levels, and I upgraded the hell out of it and only upgraded the base damage each time.

Once you hit level 74 and can use mythical gear, I think the player/tower build thing flies out of the window. Every piece of gear you own will have 50+ stats in basically everything. I have something like 300 tower attack and then also 200+ hero attack without even trying.

Ridere wrote:
I'm going tower build with my little apprentice, but he's only level 40 now. Have to find a new map to grind, since I'm bored of deeper well on insane. haha

Do Ramparts on Hard if you can manage it. It has the best time/exp ratio until you reach late 60s I think.

It's worth remembering that the actual exp you get from monsters is almost negligible, something like 1-10 exp per monster. What matters the most is the end of wave/level bonus, which can easily be in the hundreds of thousands in later survival waves. Keep an eye on your "score" at the end of waves, I believe this is exactly the same as the amount of exp you get. The no core damage bonus (x1.3) and no player damage bonus (x1.3) can help it add up fast.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Oh, that's interesting.

So would you get the same exp doing ramparts on hard solo as you would being in a party? If so, I'm gonna start joining some randoms. haha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:52 am 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

No Ridere, you get a little more XP with groups than solo. I did Ramparts on Hard tonight and I was getting about 200k solo, about 300k with a full group.

I also just hit 74 and got some mythical gear on. All I can say is holy shit.

Ket, we're going to need to do some serious farming this weekend. Soul and I did some farming on Endless Spires tonight and I burned through my mana about as fast as I got it. I think I spent somewhere around 40million mana on upgrades today, and none of my gear is even half way to full upgrade.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:15 am 

Ketrebu wrote:
Btw, I found grinding to 74 using Endless Spires Nightmare Hardcore to actually be reasonably fast, with the added bonus of picking up a ton of mythical gear in the process. As long as you don't mind the mundane and repetative side of it.

You get 90 seconds setup time (though you can do it in 70 seconds with a decent speed stat), the combat wave takes exactly 60 seconds, and then another 60 seconds to pick up loot from the chests, then you restart. Lets say it takes 3.5 minutes per "run". If you do it without getting hit (for the bonus exp) you get 80,000xp for this.

60 Minutes / 3.5 Minutes = ~15 runs per hour
3.5 Minutes for 80,000 xp = ~1.2 million exp / hour

Maybe not the fastest way to make exp (someone needs to measure how much you actually get from insane ramparts/glitterheim) but considering the number of mythical items you'll get in the process it's probably worth doing a bit of it. I ended up with like 80 million mana at the end, spent 50 million of it upgrading my mythical weapon to 8000 base damage (and its only half upgraded).

This is definitely a great way to powerlevel a lower char if you can pull it off. Got my monk from 66 to 71 in about 1.5 hours, made over 20m in mana, and got some decent upgrades for both my apprentice and my monk.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:55 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Julie and I have been leveling a Monk and Ranger this week. We just put up towers with our level 71 characters and then swap em with our new characters and its easy xp and items.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:53 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

How's everyones stats looking?

I've been able to solo the first wave of Glitterheim Nightmare to get some slightly better mythical stuff but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get much better without doing some team-ups to get to the higher waves on survival or something.

PS: That weapon is 4 million mana per upgrade level at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:26 pm 

My magic missle towers do 1.8k damage, my fireball does 5.8k, and my staff can do over 100k dps close range.

Attachments:
DunDefGame 2012-01-14.jpg
DunDefGame 2012-01-14.jpg [ 753.97 KiB | Viewed 1441 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:33 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

lol you guys are crazy,

I want to unlock the costume? Whos up for the Christmas event on insane?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:03 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

I am up to it yarr, just let me know the time and place ^_^b

I need help on stats what needed to put in each level up for each jobs and what should I max out on. Like what does mage need, Squire, Ranger, and monk?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:31 am 

If you haven't gotten it by Tuesday I'll do it with you, Yarr.

Panther, you have two choices for each: do you want a DPS build (character is stronger than towers) or a tower build (towers do most of the killing)?

BTW, I went out and bought some boots from a player store to get myself a matching armor set for the bonus stats:

Attachments:
DunDefGame 2012-01-15 06-25-18-60.jpg
DunDefGame 2012-01-15 06-25-18-60.jpg [ 752.88 KiB | Viewed 1431 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 am 

So I managed to buy these two pets today:

Attachment:
Pets.png
Pets.png [ 469.64 KiB | Viewed 1421 times ]

I bought them from the regular tavern npc. They cost me 10 mana each. That's right, ten (10) mana each. I seriously think they got so expensive the game freaked out and sold them that cheap. Needless to say, I'm quite happy, and Soul is quite pissed since it happened in his tavern.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:10 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

What the hell did you do to refresh the tavern with stats that high!? Solo Nightmare Mistymire?

With stats like those I'd lock it at the tavern and farm a few million mana again if I had to. Those have the potential to boost about 9 towers from like halfway across the map.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Finally got the hang of Misty, but no chance in hell of beating that boss solo... i'm thinking you would need a full squad of 800k+ dps to take it down because it has some heavy damage mitigation. I died a couple of times getting used to the layout, but when I perfect placements i'll try it on HC mode.

Made over 50m that run, in the end because i reached the 200m cap I had to start picking up gear at the end of each round to sell later, otherwise all that mana would have been lost... I really wish they'd change that.

Ket, any idea where to get the mythics with 150-200+ upgrades from? i'm guessing the likes of Uber Monster Fest and NM MM survival wave 15+ but i'm hoping there are other alternatives... the most I seem to be able to get right now is around 80-110 upgrades on HC mode.

Oh, and accept my friend request on steam.

Attachments:
File comment: No Chance...
DunDefGame 2012-01-17 16-10-17-74.png
DunDefGame 2012-01-17 16-10-17-74.png [ 2.75 MiB | Viewed 1414 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:38 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

We beat The Summit on Nightmare mode today. Holy hell it took forever, my wrist was actually hurting from all the running around and constant repairing for hours. Unfortunately we lost our DPS halfway through though. Kinda sucks that you can't join a wave-in-progress. They should at least make it so that you're allowed to rejoin if you were disconnected.

I didn't really get shit from it which sucked lol, but I was happy to have the level listed as cleared.

This level's at least two-man job, I can't see how it'd be done solo. There's no way you could keep up with repairing the towers as well as getting any damage in on the boss. There wasn't a moment where I wasn't either repairing a tower, or running to a tower to repair it.

Mistymire next! I hear the boss there is nigh on impossible on nightmare though. Probably doesn't help that, if i recall, even on normal difficulty the boss wave just throws tons of ogres at you, and your towers are going to be a lot more spread out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:40 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

That was definitely the most epic battle of all time. Can you imagine it on HC mode? I must have died at least 50 times during the whole fight from either ninjas / being webbed or when the boss goes into beastmode and just decides to turn you into a piece of bacon.

Seriously, I need to look into that boss more, I wasn't able to dodge its dragon breath move once.

If we do end up trying misty on nm we need the A Team, 4 people all 74 with at least 400k dps, the hp scale is ridiculous on that map, in the later waves (solo at least) the spiders had about 150k hp, i'm not sure if they increase like ogres hp with more people.

I'm definitely down for trying though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:29 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

For krell and ket :p

I was on huntress doing the mana fountain at the start of wave 8, so he basically had all of his defenses up in about 2-3mins, from then on it was pretty easy apart from the lag. I remember him saying it should be easy up until wave 20 with his setup.

I asked him where does he get gear with such good stats and he just said NM MM Survival.

Doesn't show him starting at wave 8, but he did. Check the stats, he basically carried everyone in that server.

Attachments:
7.jpg
7.jpg [ 874.1 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 670.6 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 671.58 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 670.06 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]
3.png
3.png [ 2.11 MiB | Viewed 1370 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 661.26 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 666.78 KiB | Viewed 1370 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 pm 

I'm totally down for a NM Misty boss attempt this Saturday

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:43 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

I finally hit 74 thanks to Soul and managed to upgrade my weapon to 11000 base damage. Again, thanks to soul lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 am 

Grats Yarr.

Copy pasting some interesting information from the main forums:

Quote:
1) Highest upgrade available for weapons is at 254. Atm there is bug which exceeds 255 resulting in weapon becoming 1/0 upgrade slot.

2) Highest upgrade available for armors and pets is at 254 <- Source from Sakisan. (Anyone with an SS of one should post it here to prove its credibility; personally I've only 244^ armor and 232^ pets at most)

3) Maximum upgradeable stats you can get is 360 on weapons and pets; and 468 on armors [Including 30% bonus from mythical armors](Refer to point 4 on how to get past 360 stats with armor bonus)

4) Armors including bonus can only exceed 360 IF you unequip it to nullify the bonus. Therefore, highest stats available from upgrade is also 360 without bonus.(468 including 30% bonus)

5) Items with more than >360 stats can be found; BUT however, it cannot be further upgraded.

6) Items with all insanely positive stats and no negatives is POSSIBLE. But it is just very very very very very very very very rare. *Hacked gears look similar to them. So unless you hunted it yourself, DO NOT risk buying it from an AFK shop as it might result in a ban. <- source from fluffycalico.

7) Survival pets are obtained AFTER clearing wave 14.

8) Maximum boost a guardian pet can provide is being capped at 40. Anything higher than that atm have the same effect of a 40boost guardian.

9) Magical barricade does NEUTRALISE the element-resist of monster. Only if that monster came in contact/touched the barricade (Tested and proven. Monster element will neutralise as long as it touches the barricade even before attacking it) *Thanks Subnuclear & Anarial for pointing it out

10) Weapon size of a squire and monk does affect the melee range of reaching a monster.

11) Weapon size of an apprentice and huntress affects the range of projectiles being fired. (A mini gun which is longer in appearance will require the monster to be at certain range apart before you can hit it)

12) Apprentice staves with more than +1 charge bonus will tend to have higher DPS than those lower than 0 when using auto-fire.[This being said, the higher the charge bonus is, the higher the DPS for auto fire goes] (It is more advisable to click manually if you have a staff of more than +1 charge bonus as it deals higher DPS)

#1 and #2 - The 200+ upgrade items (commonly noted at 200^) only seem to come from wave 20+ of NM, probaby NM HC. I can barely handle wave 10 before I get insanely bored. I can't imagine every farming that shit.

Also, #12 is a pretty big deal for us apprentices. I wasted over 100m on a staff that had no charge bonus only to realize it did worse dps then the 30m staff it was replacing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:21 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

After failing so many times on the nm misty boss solo, me ket and bail gave it a shot. Funny enough we beat it on the first try, even more so without losing any DU, it was a nervous fight for me at least but when looking back it was fairly chilled, running from ogre to ogre while defenses keep boss busy, then get back and repair w/e the boss is beating on. We didn't get into any trouble that i'm aware of, apart from bail and kets lag deaths and the 20'ish sec delay on respawns.

I can't stress how important squire and apprentice guardians are for this fight, basically whoever has the apprentice guardian will run ro each ogre while the person using squire guardian stays close to the boss to aid with w/e it's targeting.

Enrage auras at each spawn point will keep most of the mobs occupied with eachother while most of the time only ogres and ninjas will slip through.

Having someone with a genie will also help a ton for any emergency maintenance thats needed incase it goes on a rampage.

Gj guys! :dbanana:

Attachments:
File comment: finally!
DunDefGame 2012-01-27 00-34-18-69.png
DunDefGame 2012-01-27 00-34-18-69.png [ 2.78 MiB | Viewed 1301 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 pm 

Grats

My one serious attempt solo I got her down about 5mil. Probably going to try again with a couple things I learned from it.

I was farming mana this morning on this map and got to her spawning. My plan was to run around picking up mythicals to sell until she destroyed everything. Imagine my surprise when she bugged out and just stood at her spawn. Even when I built a tower right in front of her she did nothing. Unfortunately it was hardcore mode for maximum mana, so I didn't last very long.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I've heard of people glitching the boss in a tree, but not sure how to do it lol

Here is the layout i've been having luck with on boss wave, got it down to 11m hp from 50m'ish with that setup, i'm pretty sure I could have done it but just got unlucky. I sell all AA towers then make a fort in the center near the crystals, all spare towers facing inward to pin it down.

As for getting unlucky, the boss started taking out the defenses covering the NE path when 2-3 ogres were coming down from there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 am 

This is the build is roughly what I used with some differences:

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11452

Main difference was using Enrange aura to the west so I had to run over there less often. Also had some towers shifted around to make up for the DU difference. The big problem I had was the boss went for the SE defenses right off, and that's where most of the mobs came from at first. I'm thinking it may be worth it to delete the LT + 2 FBs right before she shows up, then summon them again, just to make sure she's pointed away. The Ensnare+strength drain is nice on her, especially when I'm solo and relying on app guardian. I'm also thinking of removing another tower or two so I can replace the ensnares with enrage.

The other big problem I have is low tower hp. The guy who made this build had a 2nd apprentice leveled up to 74 just to summon magic blockades with nothing but tower hp gear on. He had over 2k tower hp on that char. I think I currently have like 600.

Edit: Just tried it again with some newer gear and just enrage auras. Didn't even make it to the boss.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Corwin wrote:
The other big problem I have is low tower hp. The guy who made this build had a 2nd apprentice leveled up to 74 just to summon magic blockades with nothing but tower hp gear on. He had over 2k tower hp on that char. I think I currently have like 600.

I think if you don't have at least 1000 DHP then it will almost defintely 1-2 shot your towers when it hits rage mode around 50%, if your towers can take a beating for a couple of mins around that percentage you should be fine afterwards as long as you can keep it away from your outer defenses.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion