It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Re: Dungeon Defenders. Ranked Characters.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

Yeah, I definitely need more tower hp. Im going to try another build that has both ensnare and enrage. That should at least help with my perimeter lasting longer. I really need to upgrade my gear, but I've had no luck finding a store that wasn't clearly hacking. Everything else is on par with what I already have. I still get tw occasional upgrade from hc nm misty campaign, but they're just slight upgrades.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:22 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Even though I can do misty survival now, i'm not sure i'll ever be in the mood to get to or even go past wave 20 for that real high end gear when it's easier to just buy pieces from shops lol

It can be hard to tell hacked from legit gear because of how easy it is to manipulate each piece. People host shops that say Misty NM HC MM 20+ etc but just sell pieces they got from campaign NM, with bumped upgrades to 200+, a negative stat, and everything else 150+.

Also I believe that mixed mode has no effect on the quality of gear for survival it simply just makes it harder, multiple people have posted their findings on numerous threads saying they've seen no real increase in quality between nm hc mm and nm hc past certain waves. The only things that effect the gear quality are HC and wave intervals along with the difficulty setting of course.

Hard Core mode only adds a 'slight' increase of gear quality, and then every few waves another multiplier is added, similar to the x1.3 round bonus you get for not taking any damage, which is what makes the wave 20-30 gear so much better than the rest. But it's not exactly easy to get there solo and the time needed to even get to wave 20 is another story.

I found this gem someone obtained from wave 23 hc misty survival, stats are so unpredictable around those higher waves apparently lol, the odds on finding a full set of gear with similar stats and no negs are so slim i'm gonna say nigh on impossible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:33 pm 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

wow soul those levels are damn high! the picture you found. hack?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:19 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

No that pic was supposedly legit, but everyone on the forums the guy posted it on expect he was hiding something because of how its cropped. So I guess we'll never know lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:19 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Patch day today.

Im assuming that the 10 mana pets will be patched, but hey, we get 1 new Barbarian. I know I'll be buying it for me and Jerbies. Im not too interested in the Assault Pack, but I get it for free anyway.

Jerbies and I will be leveling Barbarian tonight via Glitter runs if anyone wants to join us just jump in or send me a message so I can make room for you.

Ket it looks like they buffed Squire up a bunch for NM. Maybe now you can solo something (or spend 2 hours leveling a App to 74)

Quote:
* Added "Assault Mission Pack" premium content, free for owners of Eternia Shards Complete Pack
* Added "Barbarian Hero Class" premium content
* Added "Hardcore Mythical Defender", "Dungeon Raider", and "Mythical Dungeon Raider" Accomplishments + Steam Achievements
* Added one-button "Sync All Items to DefenderStore.com", and no longer pops up Steam Overlay after you login to the site!
* Hardcore mission completions now save and are visible in your completion stats

* Total fix for network bandwidth issue involving high-attack-rate projectile towers: tower projectiles are now locally spawned and locally-calculated client-side, completely elminating their bandwidth cost.
* Spider Webbing no longer stacks on players -- you can only be webbed once-at-a-time
* 'Group Hug' Achievement can now optionally be earned using the corresponding Gender-Swapped Heroes
* Fixed bug where Squire's Blood Rage damage resistance calculation was inverted, erroneously making him take MORE damage as the Blood Rage stat was level updated. This is resolved, and now e.g. 1800 point Blood Rage will cut incoming damage by about 50%, enabling better Squire tanking especially on the high-end.

* Added "Q" key to toggle "Front View" mode where you can view the front of your character and rotate around them for tasty pics
* Added "H" key to Toggle HUD visibility
* Added Item-Box/Hero-Shop "Folder" support (+ Subfolders too)
* Added Item Drag-&-Drop support (Drag off Hero Inventory to drop, Drop onto buttons to activate that button's action on the item, etc)
* Made Hardcore mode available in all Difficulty settings
* Resolved UMF Ogre pathing stuckage case
* Added 'Mythical Defender' reward! 'Outlander' costume with special ability
* Reduced Healing Ramp Cost by 20% (less Healing Cost per HP increase), and reduced Healing Cost by a straight 40% in NM
* Darkness Trap now strips mobs of elemental immunity, and reduced DU cost to 5
* Player Shop Maximum Item Sale Cost is now correctly 200,000,000 (the UI was previously erroneously limiting the number to 8 digits, preventing reaching this maximum)
* Added UI Option to disable controller rumble feedback
* Fixed the cost of upgrading "Halloween Spooktacular!" items, now is the same as other equivalent items
* Fixed another kind of 'Return-To-Tavern-Crash' (perhaps the last)
* Buffed Squire Circular Slice damage ramp by 15%, Reduced its cooldown by 1 second, and increased its animation speed by 25%
* [Subject To Beta] All Squire Towers HP buffed by 60% in NM, Harpoon Turret rotate speed increased by 40%

[Additional/Modified Details Forthcoming]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:44 pm 

Yarr, I hate to post this and its from real deal DD that it's had been DELAYED one day. XD

Trendy wrote:
Barbarian is Missing (Release Date now Tuesday 1/31)

Sadly, the Barbarian never learned to read or write. (Another victim of the Etherian public education system.) Our in-house handwriting analyst believes the loops and swirls means he’s taking a break today to hone his skills a little more. The life of the Barbarian is no easy livin'. From slaughtering hordes of senseless beasts to keeping those pec muscles toned, every day is a struggle to meet those lofty expectations of greatness.

Our search party has been sent out to find him. We're confident that we'll find him, reprimand him and release him to you sometime tomorrow. That means the Assault Mission Pack and the patch will also be coming out tomorrow.

Until then, enjoy these snippets from the release trailer. (What’s that? I don’t recall saying trailer.)

Note: AMP and the Patch will be released tomorrow as well. We're taking some extra time to incorporate some feedback from the Beta, among other things, so it'll be worth the wait!

Here the link --> http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?43579-Barbarian-is-Missing-(Release-Date-now-Tuesday-1-31)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Did steam patch it yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:52 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Nothing yet :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:57 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

someone post here when it does. Im just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 pm 

I had been checking so none so far.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:32 am 

So this patch has turned out to be a huge fuck you to the players.

So far I haven't read a single decent thing about the barbarians, the new assault maps are nearly impossible to beat on NM because of some huge -run speed nerf, and all apprentice/adept towers have had their damage and speed reduced by insane amounts. For example, my guardian buffed magic missles have gone from ~11k/71k dps to ~6k/33k dps. My lightning towers went from ~14k to ~2k.

Its possible that this damage nerf is a bug, since it isn't in the patch notes, but Trendy is currently ignoring all posts about it. And yes, they are online answering other questions, but they have completely ignored any threads about the ninja nerfs.

I honestly have no interest in playing this game as it is right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:34 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Corwin wrote:
For example, my guardian buffed magic missles have gone from ~11k/71k dps to ~6k/33k dps. My lightning towers went from ~14k to ~2k.

So basically, you have squire-level tower DPS now, welcome to my world!

EDIT: Reading what some of the changes are, they seem kind of intentional. It's just weird that they didn't bother putting any of it in the patch notes (I can understand not announcing the nerf beforehand, but it should at least be in the release patch notes).

Apparently Ogres now correctly attack Magic Blockades. I'd noticed this myself, Ogres used to just get kind of stuck on them, occasionally acid and maybe attack once every so often. Compared to a Spike Blockade where they'd just wail on the thing for massive damage.

I've also read that people with lower stats don't seem to have much of a damage nerf. So what's actually probably happened is that having extraordinarily high gear stats is now ramped properly to give diminishing returns. It did this anyway: pre-nightmare, having 100 tower attack didn't give you +100% over 50 tower attack, it was more like +20%. But when people have tower attack in the thousands, it probably wasn't diminishing properly.

But, again, it's possible a nerf was needed, but I think the issue here is that Trendy didn't (and still hasn't) tell anybody.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 pm 

Ketrebu wrote:
Corwin wrote:
For example, my guardian buffed magic missles have gone from ~11k/71k dps to ~6k/33k dps. My lightning towers went from ~14k to ~2k.

So basically, you have squire-level tower DPS now, welcome to my world!

EDIT: Reading what some of the changes are, they seem kind of intentional. It's just weird that they didn't bother putting any of it in the patch notes (I can understand not announcing the nerf beforehand, but it should at least be in the release patch notes).

Apparently Ogres now correctly attack Magic Blockades. I'd noticed this myself, Ogres used to just get kind of stuck on them, occasionally acid and maybe attack once every so often. Compared to a Spike Blockade where they'd just wail on the thing for massive damage.

This was a combination of two things. First, if a tower was attacking an ogre before it got to the wall, the ogre would stay pissed off at the tower and just range attack. Also, if you did enough dps, it would just get pissed off and do this roar animation instead of attacking anything.

Quote:
I've also read that people with lower stats don't seem to have much of a damage nerf. So what's actually probably happened is that having extraordinarily high gear stats is now ramped properly to give diminishing returns. It did this anyway: pre-nightmare, having 100 tower attack didn't give you +100% over 50 tower attack, it was more like +20%. But when people have tower attack in the thousands, it probably wasn't diminishing properly.

But, again, it's possible a nerf was needed, but I think the issue here is that Trendy didn't (and still hasn't) tell anybody.

They did update the patch notes saying this was a nerf.

Apprentice Towers Exponential Damage Ramp reduced by 15%

So, it is affecting those of us who busted our ass for mythical gear more than anyone else. However, I still think they really screwed it up here. Some people are reporting that their towers are doing the same damage as someone with 200-300 less tower attack than them. I also think a nearly 50% damage cut is a bit ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:30 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Apparently the Apprentice Guardian had a -25% nerf too, which is probably a big part of why people think their tower damage dropped so much.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:26 pm 

Yeah, as I said in my post, I did all my tests with app guardian. I still feel this was the sledgehammer of nerf hammers. NM wasn't exactly easy as it was, unless you already had top class gear (legitimate or otherwise).

Also, Yarr and I compared our towers. I have around 300 more tower attack, but 100 less tower speed. He had almost 1k more dps than I did. I understand that speed should be important for dps, but making ~100 speed completely outweigh ~300 attack is a bit unbalanced.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:00 am 

So I finally got bored enough to play some. I tried NM HC Mistymire campaign.

Even with the nerf I was able to get to the boss with about the same amount of trouble I normally have. My monk auras seemed to drain a lot faster than normal, which sucked. My lightning tower damage also seem incredibly nerfed, doing 2k normal, 6.7k buffed (used to hit 14k buffed). Fireball towers were definitely hit, but not as hard. I didn't notice the normal damage, but guardian buffed they were hitting ogres for about 53k. And my Magic Missles were doing about 5k normal, 14k buffed.

The interesting thing is all of these are around two times higher than tavern values. MM does 6k in tavern, 14k in NM, Fireball does 24k Tavern, and 53k NM, and Lightning does 3.1k Tavern, 6.7k NM. So it appears that damage in NM gets a buff.

Still pissed off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:31 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Towers and players were always buffed in Nightmare. There's a whole bunch of random arbitrary stat changes that only apply while in Nightmare mode.

I don't remember them all (they're pretty much all in the patch notes if you read them though), but as a summary, in Nightmare:

+ Hero HP buffed.
+ Tower HP buffed.
+ Monster HP buffed.
+ Monster attack buffed.
+ Tower attack buffed.

- Hero/pet attack severely nerfed.

I always thought this was a weird way of balancing nightmare mode, as a lot of these things cancel each other out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:35 am 

Never really payed that close attention to my damage numbers in NM. Like I said, I was able to get through NM HC Misty with very little trouble, even with the nerf. Ogres died a little slower, but not too much. Also, the ogres still seemed to get hung up on range attacking my towers instead of smashing my blockades.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

So far I find that playing solo is a hell of a lot harder. I cant solo anything nearly as well. However, if I have Jerbies in there with me and doing all the repair\upgrade stuff its a lot easier. She also uses the Hunter Pet and I use the App Pet. So we just move around to the ogres and they seem to drop just as fast as prepatch. Its just that everything takes so much more maintenance and its taking away from the game. Jerbies is really annoyed with the changes since she was just starting to user her App to do tower and getting into that kinda fun.

Trendy made a big post yesterday about NM and basically said its still in Beta. They added that NM is not the end game, just part of the future end game. So far Im really not a big fan of Trendy. Some big game companies can get away with stuff like this, but not a smaller indie dev. Theres no reason for it.
Reading it I also go the impression that they made these changes and forgot about them. Almost like they didnt realize they were in there still after some testing.
I wouldnt be surprised if we see the tower damage buffed back up a little. At the very least they could have buffed Monk and Squire. Im happy to see Squire get buffed, but seriously I love my Monk and I want to just run around doing Melee damage with it. Aside from the Speed Debuff Aura there isnt too much the Monk does.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:29 am 

Steam is having a free play weekend for this game if anyone was on the fence on checking it out

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion