It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Taiwanese Man Died While Playing League Of Legends
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:27 am 
Father of Evil Twin Tarus & 1 Mastermind

Quote:
Taiwanese Man Died While Playing League Of Legends In An Internet Cafe, But Nobody Noticed For 9 Hours
Posted: 03 Feb 2012 07:33 AM PST
A lot of strange news are coming from Taiwan these days, and we can only think about the Action Pad commercial which featured a Steve Jobs impersonator recommending an Android tablet. Sadly, this time the news are a lot worse as a young Taiwanese person has died in an internet cafe, and the strange thing is that it took more than 9 hours for someone to notice that he died.
He was named Chen Rong-you, and he went to an internet cafe in order to play League of Legends. Apparently, there were more than 30 people in the cafe, however, none of them noticed that he wasn’t breathing. Although they may have thought he was sleeping, at least one of could have noticed that he’s not moving, and eventually alert the authorities, but it didn’t happen.
The Taiwanese authorities believe that the cause of death was a cardiac arrest as the young man spent lot of time in low temperatures as it was quite cold in the internet cafe. Low temperatures coupled with tiredness, and a prolonged lack of movement have caused a heart attack to Chen, who also used to suffer from a heart condition.
The parents of the boy said that he had a heart condition which was treated last year in September, however, since then they haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary or wrong with Chen.
When someone did notice that he was no longer breathing, the cops were called. A medic accompanying the police said that about 9 hours have passed since he died. The police initial report says that someone’s last memory of Chen comes from a waitress working at the internet cafe who said that he saw him talking on his phone on Wednesday at noon.
He was found with his hands on the mouse and keyboard, fact which suggests that he may have died instantly without the possibility of alerting his fellow gamers that something was wrong with him. The police’s investigation isn’t over yet as they still have to determine the exact cause of death, and to see if someone was aware that he died, and if that someone didn’t want to alert the police or the medics.
GeekSailor.com - All Rights Reserved.

http://www.geeksailor.com/taiwan-gamer-league-of-legends-internet-cafe/

Another one died? :?

Post subject: Re: Taiwanese Man Died While Playing League Of Legends
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Man, that's pretty wild.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 am 
Onionhead
Onionhead

another one bites the dust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 am 
Honey Muffin
Honey Muffin

The worst one I ever heard was a couple who neglected their newborn baby resulting in it's death, to go play an online game at a cafe which involved...raising a virtual baby.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:52 pm 
Onionhead
Onionhead

jeez kio that is even horibbler (is that a word lol)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:07 am 
Ron Jeremy irl
Ron Jeremy irl

Never heard of that one kio, but thats really fucked up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 am 

Kioko wrote:
The worst one I ever heard was a couple who neglected their newborn baby resulting in it's death, to go play an online game at a cafe which involved...raising a virtual baby.

I remember reading about that few year ago and "How" in the hell you forget your baby when baby comes into this world? Man when my twins came I had to do alot of change in my apt from extra room being an office for me into baby room. New dutys to take care of kids, feed them, change them, clean them, damn those took a lot of my game away til I can get it staighten out of my free times.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion