It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Borderlands 2 co-op vid
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I haven't played as much as I would like. But i'm enjoying the shit out of it.

Here is a 5 minute vid I put together from about a 1/2 hour of footage I recorded. It doesn't fully represent all the game has to offer, but shows how much fun 4 player co-op can be.

It's me, Krellis, Spyder (Ephit), and Onimusha (Incubus).

This is the first video i've ever uploaded to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZIMuGFIbk&feature=plcp

Post subject: Re: Borderlands 2 co-op vid
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:10 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Nice! the game is amazing atm I been playing it mostly solo though people online take loot like its going out of style which bugs me of course because I want some loot too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:10 am 
Even Match
Even Match

nice vid klu!

being a loot whore is a major part of the game... and that shit happens between us all the time... its why you see people stop fighting in the middle of the battle in that video and run in to check shit (like me at the end haha).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I hate you guys, I don't have internet until tuesday but I can't wait to play this game. There have been nothing but trailers on TV aswell.

Looks good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Soulguy wrote:
I hate you guys, I don't have internet until tuesday but I can't wait to play this game. There have been nothing but trailers on TV aswell.

Looks good.

If you liked the first one, you will LOVE this. It's so good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 pm 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I'm coming!

Old
New

:dbanana:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:18 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Holy shit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:21 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

At least i have less latency to my testing server haha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Bam.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:27 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

damn, nice! but... wtf is up with your upload speed lol... and how are you only faster than 92% of GB when soul is faster than 96%? Did that many people get upgraded in one day?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:42 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

5mb upload speed is what it's meant to be for me.

Technically Soul is on the 120MB package, but they haven't actually rolled that out yet so he's on 100MB for now. Eventually he'll get 120MB to go with his 10MB upload. I'm only on the 100MB package (but was stuck on 50MB while waiting for them to upgrade my area -- which just happened tonight!) so I stay with 5MB.

For whatever reason my modem says it has it's limit set to 108MB though, which is why i got 105.

It's still ridiculously high either way.

To my knowledge internet this fast generally isn't available in America, and you pay a fortune for stuff even a fraction of the speed? That 100MB internet package is about $60/month (includes phone line).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

Ketrebu wrote:
5mb upload speed is what it's meant to be for me.

Technically Soul is on the 120MB package, but they haven't actually rolled that out yet so he's on 100MB for now. Eventually he'll get 120MB to go with his 10MB upload. I'm only on the 100MB package (but was stuck on 50MB while waiting for them to upgrade my area -- which just happened tonight!) so I stay with 5MB.

For whatever reason my modem says it has it's limit set to 108MB though, which is why i got 105.

It's still ridiculously high either way.

To my knowledge internet this fast generally isn't available in America, and you pay a fortune for stuff even a fraction of the speed? That 100MB internet package is about $60/month (includes phone line).

Yeah, it's fucking stupid. American is pretty shit with everything. I have no idea why people think it's superior to anything honestly lol. Europe ftw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

lol...

It does suck. Big corporations are really sticking it to us here. Especially on stuff regarding Data: ISPs, Cell Phone stuff, blah blah. That being said... we have states bigger than all of GB. Not that it makes it right, since it'd totally be possible if board of directors actually cared more about their customers, but there's no denying it requires more work and money to build infastructure in the US they way they can in much smaller (geographically) countries.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I work for a phone company/ISP. I actually design jobs to extend fiber to new/existing customers who want anything from 10MB to 10GB circuits. I’m currently doing retail/wholesale business, or extending fiber to cell sites.

My company was the primary telephone service provider for 14 states (back when people used landlines lols). The majority of residential housing subdivisions, apartment complexes, etc are fed with copper cable we placed when they were built. When we started providing DSL/video services, we had to upgrade all of those neighborhoods (which I used to do). We place fiber to a DSL cabinet that ties into the existing copper/drop that is feeding the houses. It provides up to 40mb or w/e they can get. It depends on the distance of copper between the DSL cabinet and the house.

We don't tear up the actual neighborhood and replace the copper feeding the homes with fiber. It would piss a lot of people off because it would involve tearing up peoples landscaping, streets, driveways, backyards, etc (if they have buried plant). That's why we only place fiber up to the neighborhood.

As a result we don't have many areas that placed "fiber to the home". I have designed those jobs in the past, but it was only for the new expensive neighborhoods. Very few people in AZ have it. Those people can get crazy high speeds.

It seems in the UK this 100mb+ is actually “fiber to the home”. This means the company had to go back and place fiber through the whole neighborhood, and run new fiber drops to each house. Or they placed conduit/innerduct along with the copper making it easier for them to go back in the future and place fiber. Either way, it's pretty amazing because that costs the ISP A LOT of $$ to go back and provision all these houses to have direct fiber feed. Especially if the existing plant is buried and not aerial.

Most of our copper and fiber plant in AZ in buried. It costs us $20+ a foot to place new fiber, not including permitting, replacing asphalt/concrete, traffic control, etc. It really adds up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:02 pm 
Crumpet
Crumpet

Kluya wrote:
It seems in the UK this 100mb+ is actually “fiber to the home”. This means the company had to go back and place fiber through the whole neighborhood, and run new fiber drops to each house.

They started doing it (at least in my area) something like 15 years ago. A company called Telewest bought up most of the other cable providers in the country, formed an alliance with the remaining providers (NTL), and then literally went into each and every neighbourhood, dug up every single street, and installed fiber optic cable.

They didn't remove any of the copper cable used by the existing telecoms providers, and they didn't wire it up to everyone's houses or anything, they just made sure every street had the cable running through it. If you sign up they dig up your front garden to split a cable from the main cable and run it up to your house. That was all 15 years ago, while the fastest "home broadband" possible was around 512kb/sec.

We're still using the same cable today for 100MB+/sec.

Last I remember reading, the theoretical maximum speed of the cable infrastructure is something like 1.5Gb/sec per home, once we have the technology to stick on either end of the cable. That was some pretty damn good future proofing.

The cable is actually all in the sidewalks, not the road, so it didn't cause as much disruption as you might think it would have. And yeah having a smaller country helped a lot. To this day its still not available everywhere though, there are areas of the country that are considered a bit too out of the way or rural to bother cabling. But if your area has fibre optic cable, you're set.

ADSL, which is what they use to run over copper cable still these days has the horrible limitation that it's speed is determined by how far away from the nearest phone exchange you are. Living next door to one gets you 24 Mbps; but living on the other side of town gets you more like 2 Mbps.

Fibre doesn't have that problem, so it's really the only answer going forward. Eventually someone's gotta come along and dig your streets up and get real cable fitted, just needs to be done.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That's pretty darn cool, Ket. It's really aggrivating how much companies are lame here in the USA. Cell phone companies still have the nerve to charge 10 cents a sent/received text message. It's all digital now, and the amount of bytes it takes to send a text message, when comparing it to what they charge for data service, should have text messages at fractions of a fraction of a cent, but yet it costs 10 cents a pop to send one.

Corporate cronyism is terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

I recall reading in the US you have pay to RECEIVE a text message? What a load of bullcrap, lol. You don't pay to receive phone calls.

If you hate someone and really want to screw them over, all you gotta do is keep sending them text messages. They have to pay money and can't do a thing about it, lol.

P.S.: This thread got extremely off-topic. Might split it later if I'm not lazy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:04 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Ketrebu wrote:
They started doing it (at least in my area) something like 15 years ago. A company called Telewest bought up most of the other cable providers in the country, formed an alliance with the remaining providers (NTL), and then literally went into each and every neighbourhood, dug up every single street, and installed fiber optic cable.

They didn't remove any of the copper cable used by the existing telecoms providers, and they didn't wire it up to everyone's houses or anything, they just made sure every street had the cable running through it. If you sign up they dig up your front garden to split a cable from the main cable and run it up to your house. That was all 15 years ago, while the fastest "home broadband" possible was around 512kb/sec.

We're still using the same cable today for 100MB+/sec.

That Telewest company had the right idea. That answers a lot of questions I had about how they pulled it off. I’m gonna talk to people at work about that lol. Everybody will say it’s genius.

Our company assumed copper was the best way to feed houses in subdivisions. We continued to place only copper…even for new developments. I worked in the subdivision engineering group during Arizona’s new housing development boom (2001-2004ish). We were pumping out jobs to place (only) copper in hundreds of new developments every month. Fiber itself is really cheap…like 20-30cents per foot. We could have easily thrown fiber in the open trenches while placing copper, and future-proofed all of those neighborhoods. Instead we spent millions upon millions of dollars placing fiber “up to” the neighborhoods. We did focus on keeping copper lengths to each house under a certain distance, so they would get the max signal possible over copper. But we didn’t fully understand the limitations of copper over time. I guess they didn’t know people would eventually want 100mb service to their homes lol.

Quote:
Fibre doesn't have that problem, so it's really the only answer going forward. Eventually someone's gotta come along and dig your streets up and get real cable fitted, just needs to be done.

If we went back and dug up every neighborhood now, we would never see the return on that investment. It would cost us $100,000+ per neighborhood including engineering and construction - and we have thousands of neighborhoods in each state that would need it done. Sadly only a handful of people would pay the extra $$ for 100mb service (it would probably cost $80-90 a month). So I am doubtful it will ever happen.

Quote:
I recall reading in the US you have pay to RECEIVE a text message? What a load of bullcrap, lol. You don't pay to receive phone calls.

If you hate someone and really want to screw them over, all you gotta do is keep sending them text messages. They have to pay money and can't do a thing about it, lol.

That is 100% true and it’s total b.s. You can truly text somebody a bunch of times and increase their bill, and there is nothing they can do about it. Even worse I sometimes get spam text messages from bots advertising shit. You have to pay for those too, and it’s hard to fully block them (they actually require you to return the text with “STOP” increasing it to 2 text messages). I pay $20 a month extra for unlimited texting because my bill would be $300 a month otherwise lol.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

I found a nice little way of exping from mid 20's to early 30's on the bunker boss solo, he puts out at least 6 eridium, 2-3 Blue, 1-2 Pink and tons of green items and cash per run which usually takes around 3mins on average. Then you just quit to main menu and hit continue and you'll start where I am at the beginning of the video again.

The rain of items at the end never gets old lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:28 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Dayyyyyaaam! I am gonna head back to that zone. I wonder if it will still be there (I know other bosses usually are).

Wtf you have so much more money and better gear than I do lol. Also my Siren at level 28 has like 1700 HP.

btw this is the mob I was talking about that was killing me. I never had much trouble with the game until this part. Figured it out though.

Nice vid soul, thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

Here's a couple more for farming items only.

I'll post more as I find them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Dude you rock! Thanks haha.

Also I (just now) heard they gave out more shift codes this weekend. I don't use twitter so I don't know how else to get them. I only have 1 key and I don't want to waste it. Need moar keys.

I wish there was another way to be immediately notified when the codes were released.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:27 pm 
Even Match
Even Match

I was just keeping this open... https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic, but i'll probably sign up for a junk account and just follow him...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Krellis wrote:
I was just keeping this open... https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic, but i'll probably sign up for a junk account and just follow him...

That's exactly what I just did haha. Signed up with an alt email account just to follow him. For some reason I hate Twitter (even though i've never used it) so this is all i'll use it for.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion