It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Re: Elder Scrolls Online
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:07 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Corwin wrote:
Ifirit?

Lulz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:55 pm 
Youre a Crappy HNM like Roc or something

The last beta will be this weekend for anyone still looking to check it out.

Also, for those who didn't see me streaming last time, check out this video to see how big the main PVP zone is:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:46 am 
Easy Prey
Easy Prey

That's too much I played WvWvW in GW2 and half the time I was running around. Granted objectives are in play like attacking castles and shit so that might be why.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

I hate being a Debby downer about new MMOs but I heard this one won most likely to be a major flop, (http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/19 ... 13-awards/) and from what I've heard it's basically every other mmo but with just the lore change and a few new gimmicks. Sort of like how XIV is basically every other MMO but just with FF lore. I guess that's good if you're into the elder scrolls stuff; I never was.

Kind of depressing though that since WoW came out, everything since has been almost exactly the same. The only exception I played was GW2 being a bit different (but it wasn't too successful) and the only one coming up that seemed truly different is EQNext. (Granted I have not played -that- many MMOs, there might be gems I haven't touched yet)

In short for people playing the beta of this, is there anything actually new about it? Otherwise I'll just stick in the FF lore MMO. I'm sure ESO will be a good game in the same way that FFXIV is a good game, what I'm trying to say is I'm tired of playing the same game with different lore haha.

Debby downer jaded MMO player rant over, sorry haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Madi,

I played a beta weekend over it. It's basically a re-skinned WoW game, like all the rest of 'em. But since all the rest of them have done that (including FF14), I'm not really giving 'em shit for it. I think if you're really into the lore that comes with the Elder Scrolls stuff, then you may like it. The environments (at least the ones I saw) we very pretty. The character models, however, looked terrible.

There wasn't anything that immediately drew me in much, though. I have a long history of playing FF games, but not so much with the Elder Scrolls games. I played a healthy amount of Skyrim, but I never beat it, or anything.

No real projections on how popular the game will be. I just know I'm going to stick with a single MMO for now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 am 
Incredibly Tough!
Incredibly Tough!

Yeah because I feel the same, Rid, I'll probably be sticking with XIV for a really long time. Unless something drastically different and fun comes out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 am 

I don't think anyone was claiming this game was ground breaking. I've said it before: if you like elder scrolls, you'll probably enjoy this. It has that elder scrolls feel, but with that mmo twist. For better or worse, wow has created certain expectations when it comes to mmorpgs. Companies that try to branch out don't seem to do that well (*cough* ffxiv 1.0).

Ffxiv isn't bad now, but they still fucked up quite a bit, and there just isn't enough content really worth doing at this point. I'm looking forward to having something else to play on the side after our one raid a week in ffxiv.

Of course, you could always try playing the beta yourself instead of letting a bunch of forum trolls decide for you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:57 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Totally, Corwin. I don't think anyone will fault you for playing another one. There currently is not enough in FF14 to keep anyone playing hard core unless they are still needing to level up stuff. I just can't get myself to achievement hunt in it.

I just don't want to play a second MMO, because I know it'd suck up so much time. I'm sticking with the more casual minecraft/starbound/lego games for now. haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:40 am 

Yeah, it'll be hard to not get sucked in. but I really do like the elder scrolls world, and the siege pvp was pretty fun, even withgame breaking lag. I'm sure I'll get bored of it eventually though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

The Elder Scrolls series has a pretty large fan base. Every game they release is successful and recieves stellar reviews. If this game is WoW reskinned as elder scrolls, I imagine it will do pretty well. I never had time to check out the previous betas. Maybe i'll find time this weekend to check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:16 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Yah, Klu. My biggest gripe, aside from the character models, was that they stuck with the Skyrim-style compass. I much prefer the minimap with quest indicators on it. haha. I was playing with Ath, and she was way better and quickly finding where we needed to go next.

Like Cor mentioned in-game, though. They'll be allowing plugins, like WoW, so I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get the minimap plugin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Follow the arrow is not a difficult concept :-b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:29 am 

Thanks Amazon

Quote:
We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on February 20, 2014 (Order# 5555555555).

"The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition - PC/Mac"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on May 04, 2014, if we haven't located it by then.

I have until this Sunday to enter the code that comes with the box, otherwise I lose access. Fucking jackasses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:03 pm 
Spammer, to the max!

You're better off. I set up my account and they charge for the first month, along with you losing your extra 2 days; supposedly they reverse the charges eventually but it's still dumb since "account verification" is usually $1 (and why the verification anyway? Are they saying they have to verify that I'll be playing beyond my initial month? And why do they give a fuck anyway if I don't play the second month due to bad billing info if the first month is supposed to be included in the cost of the game?).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:19 pm 

Yeah, I'm reading about that. Sounds ducking stupid.

Also, because the copy I preordered is basically cancelled, I've lost all preorder bonuses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22 pm 
Decent Challenge
Decent Challenge

Ducking stupid for sure

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:39 pm 

Some screenshots for you all:

Boss from one of the first low level dungeons:

Attachment:
Screenshot_20140316_134048.jpg
Screenshot_20140316_134048.jpg [ 515.43 KiB | Viewed 3856 times ]

Siege:

Attachment:
Screenshot_20140302_202106.jpg
Screenshot_20140302_202106.jpg [ 539.45 KiB | Viewed 3856 times ]

System announcements:

Attachment:
Screenshot_20140402_185540.jpg
Screenshot_20140402_185540.jpg [ 533.06 KiB | Viewed 3856 times ]

Randomly alt-tabbed over while waiting for coil to start. Every yellow dot is an enemy player coming to rape me:

Attachment:
Screenshot_20140406_184036.jpg
Screenshot_20140406_184036.jpg [ 903.22 KiB | Viewed 3856 times ]

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion