It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 am View unanswered posts | View active topics |

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion

Post subject: Steam Autumn sale has started
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Clicky

Today's sales are Xcom: Enemy Unknown, MTG Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, The Walking Dead, Darksiders 2, Age of Empires 3 Complete, and Terraria.

They're also doing flash sales again which change in 12 hours, so check those out. One of them is Payday: The Heist which I am thinking of getting for $5 or a 4-pack if anyone's interested. There's also SW:Kotor 2 which I haven't played for $2.50.

Ponuh wrote:
i love how half of this thread is about racism in america and the other half is pictures of kittens

Post subject: Re: Steam Autumn sale has started
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:23 pm 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

There are some seriously awesome deals. Im holding out for the Christmas sale since having a wife on Mat Leave has left me broke as hell.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 pm 
Yarr's bane
Yarr's bane

I don't think they're that great deals this time lol.. I don't know i did the whole black friday shopping and i was disappointed...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 am 
Star-Spangled Subligar
Star-Spangled Subligar

Mikey wrote:
I don't think they're that great deals this time lol.. I don't know i did the whole black friday shopping and i was disappointed...

I thought Boarderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 for 50% off was a good deal. I also thought that Xcom was marked down to a pretty good price. These are pretty new games and no retail store came close to prices like that.

Also, I love you Mikey. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

Borderlands 2 for 50% off is a great deal. That game is still pretty new.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 pm 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I couldn't resist it and also got a copy of B2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

I bought this towns game, but I dont' think it was officially part of the autumn sale. I think they're just offering it at 50% off right now, sort of like what Minecraft did back when it was in beta.

It's interesting. It's sort of like a minecraft isometric view, but you manage people to do tasks and such. There are raids of monsters that'll attack your base every now and then, you have to work on food production, provide protection, manage your ratio of workers vs soldiers.

I'm still learning a lot about it, but it's kinda fun. I did learn the hard way that certain monsters disguise themselves as trees. And when I sent people out to go cut down that tree, it started killing all of them. Lost like 5 of my 11 dudes :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 am 
Crumpet
Crumpet

There was quite an uproar on Steam over that game when it got on there.

It's supposedly currently very much "continuous alpha" like Minecraft originally was. Though the game is playable and it's sandbox nature masks it, it's supposedly very much unfinished.

But all the steam store page says is that the game is "updated often" or something like that, and makes no mention that it's alpha/unfinished/beta/whatever. Lots of people are buying it and getting angry.

Anyhow, I haven't bought anything this sale yet. The good deals are mostly on games I either already have or aren't interested in. I really miss the old achievement metagame sales. They haven't done that in a while now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 am 
Posts way too much
Posts way too much

That's interesting, Ket.

I'm not sure how long it has been around. it's rough around the edges, but if you're kind of into those games, I'm sure you could get 15 bucks worth of fun out of it. I'll keep you posted. My time has been bouncing in between Pokemon (lol, i know) and programming mods for Minecraft. So I may not be doing a ton of extensive testing on it.

Either way, there's a free demo out there that lest you play up to the first 20 "in game days" of any map you try. It's a sandbox game, so that maps are basically just different environment biomes. You can pick the "desert" map over and over until you find a certain terrain layout you like and such.

Board index » General Gaming » Gaming Discussion